Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation ATTENTION all members!!

When someone posts a question as to how to solve a problem (Norton, Internet Explorer, etc), telling them to use a different program is NOT a valid solution.

Because YOU have a problem (be it personal or not) with a given program is no justification to have everyone else dump theirs.

If the management of these forums adopted these suggestions, we'd have a LOT less members.

Let's try to help, not hinder and crap threads with useless drivel.

This is not to suggest one can't offer a real solution such as a member looking to get tabbed browsing (IE can't do that) and you offer an alternative browser. This is to stop the simple "get rid of that mess" with no real helpful suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BuiesCreek847; 07-14-2004 at 06:50 PM.

Re: ATTENTION all members!!

I agree

THANKYOU BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me so mad when im trying to do something, and people tell me to get a different program.

Like.. for example "My IE wolnt load certain pages.. and when it does, it times out halfway through" And the first 3 responces will be "GET MOZILLA FIREFOX".

To me that isn't an acceptiable answer, and I just ignore the post untill I get one acually trying to help me.

Now I will understand if someone said "Get mozilla firefox, and see if it loads with that".

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

ya...this thread WAS locked...but for some reason it isnt now..

Quote Originally Posted by xa04
    ya...this thread WAS locked...but for some reason it isnt now..
    Yes it was initially, as I wasn't in the mood for a bunch of flack.

A member contacted me about it, asking for some clarification.

I've edited the original post and opened the thread so that those who care to comment, can do so.

Let's just keep the flavor of it all constant . . . . . . .. CONSTRUCTIVE! . . . . . as that's what we're all here for.

Quote Originally Posted by BuiesCreek847

I've edited the original post and opened the thread so that those who care to comment, can do so.

Let's just keep the flavor of it all constant . . . . . . .. CONSTRUCTIVE! . . . . . as that's what we're all here for.
    alrighty then

Quote Originally Posted by BuiesCreek847

Amen, it's annoying having people do that, or call you names because you ask a very simple question. Before you respond to someone in such a manner take into account WHY they may be asking said questions.

Sounds good to me.

sure does

Yeah it annoys me too, but I'd like to make a point here.

There 2 different types of problems:

1. Program doesn't run as it should (or like it used to)

2. Looking for features in a program that doesn't have them

For #1:

I hate it when people tell someone to use a different program because they are having issues with it that THEY DIDN'T HAVE BEFORE. Which means the problem can be corrected.

#2 however...

If someone is wondering about how they would go about making Norton Anti-virus a better program, there is no solution available... But if that was the case I would always recommend AVG Free Edition for example (which is way better IMO).

If the problem is a program issue (ie. not fixable) then I would recommend another program (recommend doesn't mean they have to do it). But if it is a problem that can be fixed, then I try to help out as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad2121
    Yeah it annoys me too, but I'd like to make a point here.

There 2 different types of problems:

1. Program doesn't run as it should (or like it used to)

2. Looking for features in a program that doesn't have them

For #1:

I hate it when people tell someone to use a different program because they are having issues with it that THEY DIDN'T HAVE BEFORE. Which means the problem can be corrected.

#2 however...

If someone is wondering about how they would go about making Norton Anti-virus a better program, there is no solution available... But if that was the case I would always recommend AVG Free Edition for example (which is way better IMO).

If the problem is a program issue (ie. not fixable) then I would recommend another program (recommend doesn't mean they have to do it). But if it is a problem that can be fixed, then I try to help out as much as I can.
    And that's fine.

Again, it's the helpless fan-boys I'm after.

No matter what program, we're working with, there's always gonna be a better way available, such is life.

I'm suggesting that we all continue helping folks with what they're dealing with as a primary function. If that fails, then yes, offer alternatives.

The beauty of a woman is in the eye of the beholder.