Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: good god

good god

i haven't been on this forum for a couple weeks, i come here looking for some hot deals and all i find is pyramid schemes.

remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..

Re: good god

x..it was a lesser evil..these were popping up all over other forums..we debated whether they should be closed entirely (now, given they 'appear" to be great deals that likely would have caused a revolt) or left open with a disclaimer, where they should go..i recommended here..it's an unpoliced section unless it's proven illegal and it's better than them all over other forums.

we take no responsibility in any way if someone gets ripped though..me? i think they are bs and personally don't think they should be here..but i'm only one voice in the democracy

Quote Originally Posted by xthegtcx
    i haven't been on this forum for a couple weeks, i come here looking for some hot deals and all i find is pyramid schemes.

As self moderator/maintainer of the Ipods thread, remind me to personally PM you with pictures of my 15GB Ipod, when it comes in a week or two.

And Yes, I am well aware that these are by all accounts, pyramid schemes, but that doesnt mean you can get stuff from it. Hopefully I will be case and point in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by xthegtcx

If you think its illegal feel free to go to www.fbi.gov and file a report. I did and they emailed me back saying this is a legal coming running things legally.

hey dooders, calm down!! i didn't say anything about legality here.

i just think of it this way. my time is worth a certain number of dollars per hour. how many hours am i willing to put into something to get an ipod for free? if it exceeds the number of hours that my time is worth, and the cost of the item, then i am not going to do it. (hey, i'm an economist by trade.. could you expect anything else?)

sadly, most of these schemes eat up a lot of time!

i hope you guys get your ipods, i really do, that'd be great. has anyone gotten any results yet? even better would be if someone got a plasma tv. THEN i'd be convinced.. haha.

Well if you have $250 every 25 minutes, please let me know where I can get a job application for that job.

I am a lot like you, in that I don't believe in washing my own car, or figuring out/working on stuff that I could pay someone else to do who's time is worth much less.

In this event, I havn't spent more then 25 minutes, and I now know I will be getting an Ipod mini soon.

People are getting them on other forums, it is legit.

Well it looks like unless you jump in right away your chances of getting one of these to pay off gets slimmer and slimmer. Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Makes me sick. The people in first get paid and the rest are left scrambling. It only works if you're quick. Sure a small few of you have reaped the benefit but there will be dozens more that will never get a glimpse.
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

You know its not that hard to get 5 people to sign up.

If you sit around on your a$$, you will get about as many referrals you expect to. What I would suggest, (and what I did too) is go to other mediums, and get other referrals to get your 5.

Its not that freaking hard to get an Ipod this way, but it seems to if you sit around moping about how long you think the list is.

Btw, here are pics of my Ipod, which I just got today.

Don't want an IPod. I'm just a very skeptical person asking a question.
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

Its not smart to rely on the line. It will take forever until some of those people finally get an Ipod. You have to go outside of these forums to other places to get it done. I used ebay to get every singel one of my refferals. If I hadn't I would still be on the list. It is very easy to do, but apparently people think its not worth a few minutes of their time. Figures
    Last edited by pocketgamer; 07-22-2004 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _John_Lennon_
    when it comes in a week or two.
    Wow, that was a fast week or two!

Quote Originally Posted by tenax
    me? i think they are bs and personally don't think they should be here..but i'm only one voice in the democracy
    Well, you have my vote as well!

Quote Originally Posted by _John_Lennon_
    As self moderator/maintainer of the Ipods thread, remind me to personally PM you with pictures of my 15GB Ipod, when it comes in a week or two.
    You're also the first referall. How about in a month or two you pm me when 20% of the people who signed up have ipods. I doubt you'll be able to,
    AMD ATHLON XP 2600 - 333 FSB CPU | ASUS A7N8X DELUXE v1.4 mobo | CRUCIAL MICRON 512MB 64x64 PC 3200 DDR RAM | CRUCIAL MICRON 256MB 64x64 PC 2700 DDR RAM x 2 | WESTERN DIGITAL SE 80Gb 7200 RPM HDD | THERMALRIGHT SK-7 Heatsink | VANTEC NXP-101 NEXUS Multi-Function Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks
    You're also the first referall. How about in a month or two you pm me when 20% of the people who signed up have ipods. I doubt you'll be able to,
    Why are you so against this. Slowly but surely, 1 person at a time will get a free ipod. This will continue until there are no more people coming. Since no one can possibly say when that day is that no one else is comming, it is better to just spend 5 minutes and become part of the line in the hopes that it wont stop before you. Heck I thought we were going to run out after the first 3, but look at it go, it is still going strong, and this thing could go for several months, even it it was 1 refferal a week, slowly but surely another person would get a free ipod.

Lol, the only people whining about these "pyramid" schemes are the ones who didn't get into them when they should have. A free Ipod is a hell of a lot better deal than a $20 psu with a $50 minimum order. Now THAT is a scam!
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19