Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: good god

Re: good god

I hate it when people can't be happy for the success of others.

Yeah maybe at this point is seems like there is no chance for those people just now getting in on it, but then again, there is always a chance, and that chance is worth 5 minutes of ones time.

Yeah..I haven't been hanging out here as much as I USED to. And boy, I gotta admit these durn threads have just completely taken over and it disgusts(sp?) me honestly. I mean I think they are good and should be around but they should be somewhere else outta the way per say. Yeah I came here for good deals, not deals you gotta jump through hoops while rubbing head and patting stomach.

Links you may find useful:3DMARK2001: 12,810:PCMARK2002:Heatware
    I am forever in debt to dbuck1031 and themortarman, jebyrd70,titansfan098,gwhunt23 and last but not least BoardSportsRule ...Thanks guys!

I would just like to point out that a mere 10 layers into this pyramid scheme requires getting 9,765,625 new referrals.
    Brian

Riiiiight! This is why these kind of things only work for the first few in and break down shortly after. You have to start a new line very frequently. But what I want to know if those that are singing praises about this thing working are gonna help everyone else get those "9,765,625 new referrals"? I think not.
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

My grandfather had a saying "Nothing is free in this world, from birth until death", and in my travels I have learned that this true. I'm sorry, some people may benefit but I cannot believe that this is not a scam in some way, shape, or form. I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole, irregardless of the members that can claim it works.

It is a scam because you have to complete an offer (in good faith) which people are turning right around and cancelling. You are scamming the company giving away the free IPods because you turn around and nix the referral you "honestly" got them for the companies that they represent.

That's like calling it a scam when you sign up for Netflix for the free month then cancel at the end, or get your free NY Times for a month then cancel. They offer it for free so why shouldn't we use it for free? "No I wouldn't be interested in the free trial, sir, but I would be interested in paying full price for that first month, thanks!" Doesn't make sense to me...

Not even close. If you TRULY sign up for a service or product on a trial basis then that's what you're doing-trying it out. If you later decide you no longer wish to participate then you can cancel. In this case people have NO INTENTION WHATSOEVER to actually "try it out". They are going into it with the express purpose of cancelling almost as fast as they signed up. Where is the "trial" in that? To me that equals SCAM.

Stravos: The examples you give, netflix and NY times don't give free stuff other than their service. What you guys are doing is exploiting a company whose service you don't even care for to get something that is free and IRRELEVANT to the original service.

Say I want to try netflix out, I would try the trial and see if I like it or not. The purpose of a free trial is similar to advertising, you're letting the people use the product. And if they like it, they'll continue service. They won't give a shit if you cancel. The point is just to let people try it out. But I am pretty sure you and the rest of the people doing this thing could give a rats ass about the free trial. Are you testing it out to see if you like their service and might continue it later? I believe not.
    AMD Athlon 64 Socket 754 3000+
    Chaintech SK8T800
    BB ATI Radeon 9800XT
    2x512 DDR PC3200 OCZ
    WD 36.7 GB Raptor
    Maxtor 160GB
    IBM 60GB
    NEC 3500A 16X Dual DVD-RW
    Phillips Acoustic Edge 5.1 Soundcard

For $99 no I wouldn't consider that, seems too outrageous of a price for what they offer. I did use their service and found nothing useful, even with my obscure last name. Reason being they only have info from the US, and seeing as how my family is only like 6th generation or less here, it's quite useless for finding out more than my family already knows. I've tried similar services in the past, and if I could find one that actually gave decent results I would consider it. The free ipod was an incentive to try it out, I would have likely tried it anyway.

I don't understand.

"I did use their service and found nothing useful"

Then...

"The free ipod was an incentive to try it out, I would have likely tried it anyway"

You contradict yourself if you used it before and found nothing useful... why try it again? So all I see left is:

"The free ipod"
    Chaintech SK8T800
    BB ATI Radeon 9800XT
    2x512 DDR PC3200 OCZ
    WD 36.7 GB Raptor
    Maxtor 160GB
    IBM 60GB

I had never heard of the company until I heard about freeipods.com... I didn't use it before I signed up for this. I guess I didn't make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si
    I would just like to point out that a mere 10 layers into this pyramid scheme requires getting 9,765,625 new referrals.

However, I would like to point out that that wouldnt that 390625 people would have Ipods if we got to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by netracer
    My grandfather had a saying "Nothing is free in this world, from birth until death", and in my travels I have learned that this true. I'm sorry, some people may benefit but I cannot believe that this is not a scam in some way, shape, or form. I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole, irregardless of the members that can claim it works.

I got my iPod for free, unless you count me typing in the iPod thread, as the net 'cost' of me getting the iPod, which I think we both agree is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by grumblemarc
    Riiiiight! This is why these kind of things only work for the first few in and break down shortly after. You have to start a new line very frequently. But what I want to know if those that are singing praises about this thing working are gonna help everyone else get those "9,765,625 new referrals"? I think not.
    For one thing, like I stated above, 390 thousand people would get their iPods at that point, which is more than we have on this forum. However, if we got to that stage, and I was still on these forums, I would maintain the thread. Also, I will continue to bump the thread, and field requests and questions about the thread, and spread the word to get more people to sign up until everyone here on the forums gets their new iPod.
    Last edited by _John_Lennon_; 07-26-2004 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _John_Lennon_
    However, I would like to point out that that wouldnt that 390625 people would have Ipods if we got to that level.

I got my iPod for free, unless you count me typing in the iPod thread, as the net 'cost' of me getting the iPod, which I think we both agree is ridiculous.
    Right. You guys had no intention of actually signing up and using the service. You are using a "loophole" to get something for nothing. As for 390,625 people actually getting IPods, I think you will never get close to this level. But screw the other 9+ million people that won't correct. I don't see anything but people rationalizing how this isn't a scam of this company when it is. But realistically there is no way this can go on forever. They'll just stop offerring free IPods LONG before then. They'll wise up and then the slowpokes in line will be left out in the cold.

We know you have an Ipod, we KNOW. You state it so much it seems like you're bragging. Look, we know a "few" people get free ipods. But the way they are getting them is not cool and will fail eventually. They'll lose money eventually since people are only doing this for the ipod, not for the actual service. Thus they are giving our ipods and not making any profit. But then again, it doesn't seem like many people are getting their ipods anyway.
    Chaintech SK8T800
    BB ATI Radeon 9800XT
    2x512 DDR PC3200 OCZ
    WD 36.7 GB Raptor
    Maxtor 160GB
    IBM 60GB