Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: good god

Re: good god

Quote Originally Posted by grumblemarc
    As for 390,625 people actually getting IPods, I think you will never get close to this level.
    Then why did you even mention 1953625 people that would be required to get the 390625 people their ipods?

You are using a "loophole" to get something for nothing.
    loophole? Hardly, they know that 90% of us arnt going to do the actual service. Thats is because in my belief though, they dont make their money after we actually pay for the service. They are getting their money IMO, from simply signing us up.

They'll wise up and then the slowpokes in line will be left out in the cold.
    Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFANatic
    They'll lose money eventually since people are only doing this for the ipod, not for the actual service.

I have a feeling they get the comission just for signing us up. It should not be their duty to keep us, that is the service's job to appeal to us and keep us. And because I think they are making money just for getting us to sign up for a trial service (and for the spam too we get) that they are making money off of every iPod (person who meets eligibility).

But then again, it doesn't seem like many people are getting their ipods anyway.
    My whole deal took a month to happen. You must complete the deal to get your iPod. Alot of people havnt gotten their iPods because they havnt completed the deal. And the ones who have, none of them have done a month's wait that it took me to get mine. Thus, count up the number of people who have been waiting more than a month to get their iPod, after completing the offer. Because those are people who arnt getting them.

loophole? Hardly, they know that 90% of us arnt going to do the actual service. Thats is because in my belief though, they dont make their money after we actually pay for the service. They are getting their money IMO, from simply signing us up.
    In your belief. Prove it. You can't. You are scamming them. Period. And Carpe diem? Sounds like you're saying "too bad" to me. What happened to "...if we got to that stage, and I was still on these forums, I would maintain the thread. Also, I will continue to bump the thread, and field requests and questions about the thread, and spread the word to get more people to sign up until everyone here on the forums gets their new iPod."?
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

Ancestry.com would not be paying freeipod.com to refer people to their service if they were not making money out of the deal. That is how freeipod.com makes the money to send people iPods, I'd assume. Freeipod.com puts a link to ancestry.com's free trial on their website, and for every successful signup they get paid a commission.

I am sure they do expect quite a few of the signups to be cancelled. However, they most likely also realize that there will be some people who sign up for the service simply because of the iPod, but end up actually messing around with it and keeping it. They probably also know that there will be a few waterheads who sign up and get their CC charged because they forgot to cancel the account.

Just my $0.02.

In your belief. Prove it. You can't. You are scamming them. Period. And Carpe diem? Sounds like you're saying "too bad" to me. What happened to "...if we got to that stage, and I was still on these forums, I would maintain the thread. Also, I will continue to bump the thread, and field requests and questions about the thread, and spread the word to get more people to sign up until everyone here on the forums gets their new iPod."?

Two different scenarios that have been stated here, which I replied to each accordingly.

One, is stating that the thread will end, and that the slowpokes will be not get their iPod. To this I said Carpe Diem. Seize the day, meaning, if they simply, seized the day, or actually tried to get their iPod a bit sooner, by spreading the word to other mediums and trying to get their referrals and werent slowpokes about things, than they wouldnt have to worry about not getting their iPod because of some unknown time limit place on the overall deal.

The second scenario is assuming that things will go on infinetly/as long as their is interest. Adhering to this scenario I have said that I will maintain the thread and continue to help the people, even the 'slowpokes' say you call them in their quest of getting an iPod, or iTunes gift certificate through freeiPods.com

Oh, this is getting really funny now. Grumblemarc is trying to make me feel bad about signing up for a free trial offer from a company and than canceling. I could care less for the company or the services. Ancestry is a worthless ripoff that I'm quite happy to "scam" as a matter of fact.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by afrakes
    Ancestry.com would not be paying freeipod.com to refer people to their service if they were not making money out of the deal. That is how freeipod.com makes the money to send people iPods, I'd assume. Freeipod.com puts a link to ancestry.com's free trial on their website, and for every successful signup they get paid a commission.

I am sure they do expect quite a few of the signups to be cancelled. However, they most likely also realize that there will be some people who sign up for the service simply because of the iPod, but end up actually messing around with it and keeping it. They probably also know that there will be a few waterheads who sign up and get their CC charged because they forgot to cancel the account.

Just my $0.02.
    How do they make money out of the "deal" if no one signs up? Makes no sense. SOMEsure as hell is getting ripped off. The referral company may not be but the companies that are expecting legit referrals sure aren't. You people are just rationalizing things to ease your conscience. And as for the second half of your statement I say again "Prove it". You're all either assuming such a thing or as kbohip states that he knows he's scamming them and just doesn't give a rat's ass.

And J Lennon, WE KNOW you got an IPod already. You are the biggest cheerleader for this thing. Stop repeating it already. So far only 4 actually have one in their hands. Everyone else is waiting. And now people are talking about jumping Ryan ahead of all the others due to some kind of "celebrity" status. That's not fair. If you allow that to happen then you will be scamming all the rest of the people in line before him. Like everyone keeps saying that just "IMHO".

So to people like kbohip, I could care less about your feelings.

Everyone who wants a free ipod can get one. It is up to those people later in line to make sure that they at some point make it to the top. As long as there are people left on the internet then this line can keep moving.

I know that I am getting my free ipod. I would already have it, but I opted for the mini. I have my order number and I go to www.apple.com and guess what, there it is, waiting to be shipped to my address. The only reason it hasn't is because there is not enough supply to meet the demand, Apple can't make them fast enough, but I know that once I am at the top of the line for mini's, mine will be sent out.

Its not too late for anyone, there will always be someone slower then you. It may take a year before your at the top of the line, but it will happen unless the who website shuts down.

These companies pay knowing that may people will cancle after signing up. Thats why they offer these trials is to get the few who don't cancle. So they are happy to get 50 signups only to get 1 person who stays on and uses their service.

And honestly I don't thing freeipods.com is paying dealer price for these, I bet they get them less then wholesale because apple will end up making tons off of music sales and accessories alone.

Everyone who is a part of this benefits and that why companies like freeipods.com have been around for a long time now.

Quit your complaining because you didn't get in on it early on.

So are you implying that you have to get in on it early in order to get the ipod the fastest? Lennon said that it took him a month, and that it should take a month for everyone else if they worked for it. I'm confused.
    AMD Athlon 64 Socket 754 3000+
    Chaintech SK8T800
    BB ATI Radeon 9800XT
    2x512 DDR PC3200 OCZ
    WD 36.7 GB Raptor
    Maxtor 160GB
    IBM 60GB
    NEC 3500A 16X Dual DVD-RW
    Phillips Acoustic Edge 5.1 Soundcard

So are you implying that you have to get in on it early in order to get the ipod the fastest? Lennon said that it took him a month, and that it should take a month for everyone else if they worked for it. I'm confused.
    Im saying because mine took a month, dont say anyone isnt getting their iPod, who are eligible for it, until about a month has passed. It took me about 4 days since signing up to get my referrals, about another 3 days under Pending, alittle over 2 weeks under In Progress 1-3, and then about 5 days after it said Shipped, it got to my house, although it only took 3 actual days to ship it.

Mine moved even faster then that, but right now is stuck only because Apple, it has nothing to do with freeipods.com, they did good. Hopefully this new ipod will inspire some people to switch over and backup on the mini's will thin out.

It really doesn't matter though because I had it shipped to my home address, and I am up here at college, and it works out that it will arrive around a week before I get home from school.

Anyways. . . you people still have a chane at getting an ipod, it may just be a while since that line is getting pretty huge at this point.

How do they make money out of the "deal" if no one signs up? Makes no sense. SOMEsure as hell is getting ripped off. The referral company may not be but the companies that are expecting legit referrals sure aren't. You people are just rationalizing things to ease your conscience. And as for the second half of your statement I say again "Prove it". You're all either assuming such a thing or as kbohip states that he knows he's scamming them and just doesn't give a rat's ass.

And J Lennon, WE KNOW you got an IPod already. You are the biggest cheerleader for this thing. Stop repeating it already. So far only 4 actually have one in their hands. Everyone else is waiting. And now people are talking about jumping Ryan ahead of all the others due to some kind of "celebrity" status. That's not fair. If you allow that to happen then you will be scamming all the rest of the people in line before him. Like everyone keeps saying that just "IMHO".

So to people like kbohip, I could care less about your feelings.
    And how is that different than your assumption that ancestry.com is being horribly ripped off by all these people signing up for free trials and cancelling them. Like pocketgamer mentioned, they would not be affiliated in the way they are with freeipods.com if it was not profitable.

Are any of you actually using Ancestry.com? NO! So the money they paid out to your IPod giveaway company for referrals is not actually giving them the desired results-customers! I guarantee you that once the number of people receiving IPods is totally unproportional to people signing up (or lack thereof) your free IPods will go the way of the Dodo. Who's to say that there wasn't a set quota of freebies to begin with? The fact is people are going into ths with the intent of cancelling. It's no way the same as someone who might actually be interested in a service, signs up, tries it out, and decides to cancel it during the trial phase. Trial means "to try". Who actually is trying this service out? NO ONE!

And how much good is this bitch fest doing? None.

Lighten up. This is a discussion on a public forum. It hasn't gotten nasty or out of hand so as long as people are still civil towards one another what do you care?

$5 says Apple is purposely giving the Ipods away for free so people sign up to Itunes.

they're making money hand over fist selling $1 a tune.
    Cheers.