Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: good god

Re: good god

Hadn't even thought of that. That's totally plausible.
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

Maybe I should start a thread asking this thread to be moved to off topic because that's where it belongs... This whole thing is just getting out of hand and getting nowhere at the same time. Nobody's minds are being changed, there is already work being done to have the threads possibly moved to a new section or have them more moderated or whatever. I just don't see the point of continued discussion in these threads. Especially by those who are complaining they can't find the hot deals because there are off topic threads here...

I agree. I didn't put it here. It should be Off Topic.

Quote Originally Posted by lidistick
    $5 says Apple is purposely giving the Ipods away for free so people sign up to Itunes.

they're making money hand over fist selling $1 a tune.
    Cheers.

There probably actually not making money hand over fist, Jobs has said in conferences that he is making very little money from the selling of the iTunes songs, because most of the money goes to the record companies.

i put it here, but guess what? none of this other garbage belongs here either. i have missed two deals i wanted to get in on because of these pyramid schemes. plain and simple it DOESN'T belong here. you can talk to me until the cows come home about what thread belongs where, the fact is, i don't care.

let's add fuel to the fire! i make too much money to waste my time with pyramid schemes. discuss.

also, i have been coming to these forums for over 3 years. never has there been such a hot debate than i can remember, this is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by grumblemarc
    How do they make money out of the "deal" if no one signs up? Makes no sense. SOMEsure as hell is getting ripped off. The referral company may not be but the companies that are expecting legit referrals sure aren't. You people are just rationalizing things to ease your conscience. And as for the second half of your statement I say again "Prove it". You're all either assuming such a thing or as kbohip states that he knows he's scamming them and just doesn't give a rat's ass.

And J Lennon, WE KNOW you got an IPod already. You are the biggest cheerleader for this thing. Stop repeating it already. So far only 4 actually have one in their hands. Everyone else is waiting. And now people are talking about jumping Ryan ahead of all the others due to some kind of "celebrity" status. That's not fair. If you allow that to happen then you will be scamming all the rest of the people in line before him. Like everyone keeps saying that just "IMHO".

So to people like kbohip, I could care less about your feelings.
    Damn, you're a pita gmarc. We know your views on this already but I know you'll keep dragging this on and on.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by _John_Lennon_
    As self moderator/maintainer of the Ipods thread, remind me to personally PM you with pictures of my 15GB Ipod, when it comes in a week or two.

And Yes, I am well aware that these are by all accounts, pyramid schemes, but that doesnt mean you can get stuff from it. Hopefully I will be case and point in a week or two.
    I sure hope you mean "but that doesn't mean you can't get stuff from it".

More to the point, if these threads are getting the thread starters and early adopters iPods, isn't that the same as a company coming or power sellers off ebay starting threads to advertise their wares? Those are surely not tolerated, so why is this stuff?

(In case you are confused about my motivation for this post, I am trying to be another voice in the democracy on the side of reason so that we can hit critical mass and stop this nonsense so that more people get more use out of these forums)
    Last edited by quidquam; 07-27-2004 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quidquam
    I sure hope you mean "but that doesn't mean you can't get stuff from it".
    Hey, thanks for picking that up. Not the best time to leave out the not part of a contraction, is it?

I like to call them, "semantic sign errors" , and they can be a real bitch sometimes.

so let me get this, you guys have been fighting about this all day??? and if anything this should be in the TLR room by now.

I love you all, could we please not bring up this subject again

No one says you cannot start differnet forums and if the moderators feel it's okay then so should the rest of us.

Happy iPOD hunting!

One reason I've been ghosting these forum boards so much is you don't see your average bickering, but now I'm starting to wonder.

Love everyone, hate few.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelia
    One reason I've been ghosting these forum boards so much is you don't see your average bickering, but now I'm starting to wonder.

Love everyone, hate few.

Heh, I love all you guys too.

And btw angelia, have you even visisted TLR? lol, half the people who argue there, turn to bickoring as a topic winds down.

However, with all likely hood, you will end up seeing us perhaps arguging in one topic, and posting and agreeing in another sub forum.

[QUOTE=grumblemarc]Everyone else is waiting. And now people are talking about jumping Ryan ahead of all the others due to some kind of "celebrity" status. That's not fair. If you allow that to happen then you will be scamming all the rest of the people in line before him.[QUOTE]

I think you missed the reason on why I wrote that Ryan should go ahead of all people. I specifically said that it's not because he's Admin, but because it would help in the long run although is would slow down the next person or two. I also wrote that my opinion/vote doesn't matter and it'd be up to the people that are waiting in line.

I agree that it is not fair to put someone ahead for "some kind of 'celebrity' status". I saw it as an opportunity to get others to potentially finish their offers quicker.

I don't care to spend the time to put in my opinion on the rest of the contents of this thread but I did want to clarify that point.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banaaaaana phone

Last edited by a cat : yesterday at 05-11-2004 at 11:09 AM

How about you go one better and have someone that has already gotten an IPod to just give it to Ryan so he doesn't have to wait? I mean if this thing is working and everybody is going to get one anyway then why make him wait? It's just a formality right?