how to wire 3 prong led switch?

i got 2 of these . They have three 3 prongs. I can get the switch to work but without the LED. Or I can make the switch light up but not switch the lights on . Can some Frog please show me how to wire this thing so the LED works and switches my lights? I'm gonna hook-up a set of UV and a set of Blue Cold Cathodes. So I can switch between the 2

Re: how to wire 3 prong led switch?

Coolerguys has neglected to mention that you'll need to connect another wire (for the led power) to the molex connector in order for the switch and the led to work. I'm assuming your ccfl wiring that goes to the switch has only two wires; if so, wire it up so only the switch works and connect the remaining prong to ground (any black psu wire). If that works, but the led is on when the switch is off, switch the original two wires coming from the ccfl wires, leaving the ground on the same prong.

Thanks evileagle!!!!!

It worked. I just daisey chained the ground to both switches. Amdmb to the rescue as always.

Quote Originally Posted by majorblunts
    Thanks evileagle!!!!!

It worked. I just daisey chained the ground to both switches. Amdmb to the rescue as always.

What wiring did you use?

Had some left over wire from fried PSU also had a fan power molex adapter thingy . Just cut some black wire, crimped 2 female prongs to ground wire. daisey chained the females to male prongs on switches. Works

hey majorblunts.
    i can get these kinda switches really cheap about 1.50 each.
    would it be possible for u to show like a drawing made in paint, a nice simple one that shows how to wire it.
    thanx.
    Athlon 64 3000+ at stock| Stock cooler||53/64C FULL load29/43 idle,29/39ambient
    Abit AV8 So939 mobo
    2x512MB Buffalo Tech Hynix BT-5 Chips|running at 230mhz @ 2.5.3.3.6 @ stock volts|
    Sapphire PCI Radeon 7000 64mb ddr (for passive and silence!)|
    IBM 7K250 80GB SATA|Liteon SOHC 5232K| Liteon LTR-32123S|
    O/B sound|
    Intel Pro 100 10/100 NIC|
    Superflower 201-T3-S | 2X YS tech exhaust + 1 92mm silent cat top exhaust |2 ADDA intake|Sunbeam Rheobus|
    COLORSit 550w|random Trust 5.1s|
    Samsung 913N 19" TFT

RETIRED
    AQYHA0407TPMW @STOCK@1.525v@44 degrees C full load | Coolermaster Aero7 +AS5 | 39Idle, 44Full, 27-32 ambient | MSI KT6V-LSR w/ Iceberq small s/bridge H/S |