Bad trader warning at ebay

A bad trader is a bad trader so I thought I'd spread the word here.

The person's ebay handle is matt490

I bought a Pioneer 12 CD Changer from this guy. Here's how it arrived, smashed and broken:

http://goobee.myftp.org

Idiot said it was my fault for not paying him extra to put insurance on it. Huh?

I left him negative feedback and note his rebuttal:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...userid=matt490

Unless I'm reading his comment wrong, he admits he did a poor packing job.

In any case, he left a retaliatory negative for me.

You guys might want to put this guy down on your DNT list.
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

Re: Bad trader warning at ebay

If you look at the auction "Payment and Shipping" details, the shipping insurance was "Not Offered", by the seller. This means he/she assumes all responsibility for a safe delivery.

Even though there are some great deals, and unique items on Ebay...
    This is one of those reasons I no longer buy/sell anything there.

Hope you can something worked out Goobee.

Thanks, I'm really starting to dislike ebay. I couldn't find that particular CD Changer in any of the forums I frequent so I bought it from that loser on ebay. Chalk up another learning experience for me.

reason why i automatically include insurance..had 1 headache b4
    you shouldve negociated your way with the guy,he doesnt liek that red there,trust me...

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    reason why i automatically include insurance..had 1 headache b4
    you shouldve negociated your way with the guy,he doesnt liek that red there,trust me...
    also try contacting ebay, and getting that feedback removed since him doing so, violates the TOS. and as Wookie mentioned since it was not offered he is fully responsible. The reason he didn't offer insurance, was probably due to the fact it didn't work in the first place.

Actually, what ticks me off the most is this guy's attitude. I tried e-mailing him a couple of time to try to work something out, both time he responded saying that "it was out of his hands after he shipped it and that I should have paid him extra for insurance."

As wookie pointed out, he never offered insurance:

The original carton that the CD changer came in is only a little bit wider than the changer. Clearly that is not enough clearance to protect the item from shock damage. It seems very clear that he knew he packed it wrong from the statement he left on ebay.

While his feedback may look good, does a good trader turn their back on their buyer when something goes wrong? He appears more arrogant than anything else because he has a decent feedback history.

Quote Originally Posted by Goobee
    Actually, what ticks me off the most is this guy's attitude. I tried e-mailing him a couple of time to try to work something out, both time he responded saying that "it was out of his hands after he shipped it and that I should have paid him extra for insurance."

As wookie pointed out, he never offered insurance:

The original carton that the CD changer came in is only a little bit wider than the changer. Clearly that is not enough clearance to protect the item from shock damage. It seems very clear that he knew he packed it wrong from the statement he left on ebay.

While his feedback may look good, does a good trader turn their back on their buyer when something goes wrong? He appears more arrogant than anything else because he has a decent feedback history.

that answer is 100% apropriate ONLY when fully insured ...if,before getting payment,you give the buyer the option of choosing or not insurance andf he declines....

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    that answer is 100% apropriate ONLY when fully insured ...if,before getting payment,you give the buyer the option of choosing or not insurance andf he declines....
    again I seriously suggest you go to ebay on this, but if you have any personal information you may be able to seek out other alternatives

both ebay and paypal have an insurance thing...check that out..its like 5 bills us i think

of no board

Just read the post..........P.O.S sellers like that are the reasons I QUIT buying on E-bay a long time ago. And as far as E-bay and pay-Crap (owned by E-bay) insurance policies goes, just a waste of time. They will do what ever it takes to wear you down since most of the reponses are automated And hope you give up.
    As far as great E-bay ratings go.......Does not really hold it's weight anymore. I had a seller with 150+ POS ratings trying to pull the OL I sent it, did'nt you get it yet? crap. I went along with it for a month as per the TOS of e-bay and pay-crap and got tired of the B.S. Contacted My cred. card company and faxed all e-mails from myself and the seller and they stopped payment. That was almost a $ 220.00 mistake lesson I would have had to learn from trusting the one thing that makes you feel comfortable about "Bidding with confidance " Statements sellers post. I wish it were better, but it has gone to the dogs............
    On STRANGE note, I find that alot of the B.S. sellers do the crappy things on the computer sales. When I purchased auto stuff every thing was great. I collected Old and special edition G.I. joes, 12 inch, and had great transactions as well as sellers throwing in free stuff. I paid $250.00 for a huge lot once and perfect........

But My Fav stuff......PC parts......Trolls trolls trolls......No more E-bay..........Sorry you got the salomy Goobee. You work just as hard as the next person for your money and P.O.S sellers have to come and ruin it..............
    [