Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: FS/FT Mushkin 3200 Level II BH-5 (2x512mb)

i can post everything but im really busy right now, he is supposedly from fort collins colorado as he claimed to me... can get his logged ip to trace it and verify?

Okay basically this is how things went...

My friend is attempting to purchase the ram, i was next in line, we started having contact and he told me that for 250 i could buy it. He wanted paypal at first, which I hate using so i said i didn't have it. Then he wanted me to send a money order (im trying to get some information for cross shipment to get an address to help you guys) I couldn't do that as I was in dire need of ram to be running right now. I wanted to take a short drive up to his town Fort Collins, and just meet in public make the switch and go on our happy ways. With every attempt, he tried to get away w/ sending in the mail in which he prefered (cash). Smellin fishy now right? Well I had all my money and said, you know at any time convenient to you I can make my drive up and make the transaction (this was like 4 days of mentioning of it) and finally he said it was too complicated for anything to happen. Complicated... BS... stipulations were laid out, I had a great meeting place the old Wal Mart on Harmony in which every1 knows of and is moderately busy so its not like something can happen w/o notice. Anyways Wally world has outdoor parking lot cameras, what can he be afraid of. He then dropped off the face of the earth and quit answering PM's. My friend who is trying to purchase it off of driverheaven.net (join there its a pretty sweety forum) has no clue what hes getting himelf into. I guess if the guy rips him off I will definitely make sure to show up on his doorstep w/ some a fair share of people and get the money back, or just have the police on the doorstep demanding. Everything is on record (agreements and money transactions) so if we can find this guy things will get taken care of. I will be keeping a close eye on this, because I am personally sick of losers like this who like to steal (I recently lost money, as so did a friend) and wasn't going to take another risk that easily. So here is my story, I will update everything as the transaction goes on between my friend and this anon guy. I think I was too late to get ahold of him about this possible monster. JUST BEWARE AND BE SAFE FRIENDS!

thanks for your help, lets get this fag
    micahmcclelland [at] charter [dot] net | heatware

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

oc my face, you should send an email right now to paypal and ask them to cancel the transfer of your funds.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

whats the email? the paypal site is down for maintenance

Try this one; service@paypal.com
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

I'm going to move this to the Bad Trader section if no-one has any objections.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

alright, i just emailed paypal, heres my email:

I recently purchased something from a person off a forum, I sent him $75 as a down-payment and after he got it he just disappeared. The money was sent from my email, micahmcclelland@charter.net, to his email; ebay_Acct@yahoo.com. I sent $75 USD and i really need the transaction cancelled. Here is the original thread on the forum form which I bought the item from. My name is "oc my face" and the scammers name is "mibgoat333".
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=338691

Please cancel the transaction immediately.

cant seem to edit, but anyways id like ot say thanks alot for everyones help resolving this - what a horrible time to get scammed - right b4 DOom3 comes out

Get a chargeback started ASAP so they can freeze his account before he has a chance to withdraw the cash. Also the rules about email addresses are there for a reason. There is really not much the troll hunters here can do without an email address from an ISP, edu, workplace, etc.

what do you mean by chargeback?

Hey guys,

I'm the guy who almost got caught out on DH... thanks to oc my face and disastropy though... they caught me the night before I was going to send him the money!

so thanks guys!

np, glad we could help and welcome to the forums!

Thanks u guys, I was one of the persons he "sold" his RAM to.

I spoke with him under mibgoat333@yahoo.com. His name is "pat f"

im guessing its pat fgoppe
    Opty 146 0540FPMW @ 3.0ghz
    300x10, 2.5-4-3-7, 2.7vdimm
    DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D
    2x512mb OCZ Platinum Rev.2 TCCD
    ATi X1800XT 512MB
    Fortron 530w w/ modded rails
    Zalman 7000-AlCu

MY HEATWARE