Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Trader

Bad Trader

Hi,
    Can you give me your opinion. I purchased some memory for a member. I paid him via paypal then he said he would ship it the next day. Then he refund me the money and said that the price was too low and he wanted more. Is this appropriate and is he following the rules?
    I just want the members of the this forum to watch out for this person.

Mods: I didn't know which forum to post this in so you are welcome to move it.

Here is his email:
    erowe@mchsi.com

His address is:
    Eric Rowe
    8624 olivero st.
    navarre, FL 32566

Thanks,
    Kevin

Re: Bad Trader

This is way inappropriate. Its inappropriate to agree to one price then raise it, it is even more inappropriate to accept payment and then refund it due to raising the price. PM one of the mods, specifically Tigsman and Tenax with the trader's name and info

whoa whoa whoa.. he cant do that.. if he agreed on a price that you BOTH agreed on.. he shoulda sold it. Its his fault for not thinking about it.

i feel your pain flaming...

::walks away with head down::

yeah its wrong but unfortunately i dont think theres much you can do besides getting other ppl to boycott him

its not like tenax can make him sell it to you
    micahmcclelland [at] charter [dot] net | heatware

its wrong, but it coulda been alot worse (he doesnt refund , most ppl wont)

yea, just be happy u got ur money back, coulda been a lot worse as homer said.

its not as bad as someone stealing your name! *cough*
    Opty 146 0540FPMW @ 3.0ghz
    300x10, 2.5-4-3-7, 2.7vdimm
    DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D
    2x512mb OCZ Platinum Rev.2 TCCD
    ATi X1800XT 512MB
    Fortron 530w w/ modded rails
    Zalman 7000-AlCu

MY HEATWARE

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHamster
    yea, just be happy u got ur money back, coulda been a lot worse as homer said.

its not as bad as someone stealing your name! *cough*
    LOL, Sorry if we both love hamsters. I however, is a Flaming_Hamster while you are a flyingHamster. I don't think hamster can fly.

Just beware of this guy!!!!! I just want the other forum members to becareful.

Here is the link to the thread:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=339180

He used a free email and not his real email for trading. I should have known better than to do business with free email members.

Flaming hamster, I apologized to you profusely and was even willing to give you 5-10 bucks extra for your troubles to try and make good for my mistake. I wasnt raising the price on you either, I said that it would be greatly appreciated if you sent more money as I made a mistake on the pricing but that you didnt have to. I refunded the money to you promptly and was going to go further by giving you extra money but now you have smeared my name and all you get is what you gave me and nothing more. The mods will do what they may but i tried to make this deal gone bad as smooth as possible and flaminghamster did not want to go that route, he would rather smear me and make out to be a bad trader when all i did was make a mistake and had no bad intentions.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

Quote Originally Posted by Polargoat
    Flaming hamster, I apologized to you profusely and was even willing to give you 5-10 bucks extra for your troubles to try and make good for my mistake. I wasnt raising the price on you either, I said that it would be greatly appreciated if you sent more money as I made a mistake on the pricing but that you didnt have to. I refunded the money to you promptly and was going to go further by giving you extra money but now you have smeared my name and all you get is what you gave me and nothing more. The mods will do what they may but i tried to make this deal gone bad as smooth as possible and flaminghamster did not want to go that route, he would rather smear me and make out to be a bad trader when all i did was make a mistake and had no bad intentions.
    You made no mistake according to your posts in your thread. Someone asked you specifically if the price was correct and you responded that it was correct.

I do commend you for refunding the money. However this is a bad start to trading on the forum.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

I understand it is a bad start and I will most likely not trade in the future. Im sorry that i screwed up and I assure you I had no bad intentions. If i had bad intentions i wouldve taken longer to refund the money or not refunded the money, and i certainly wouldnt offer more money back like i did. Ive done as much as i can do to try and make this better with no avail. Flaminghamster is just mad that he didnt get the killer deal on the ram which i understand, but i was looking on the wrong product and got the wrong price and had to unwind the deal. I know it was my stupidity for not double checking the product but im not going to screw myself over either. I would rather have this name smeared than to sell my ram that is worth more than 140 bucks.

I understand it is a bad start and I will most likely not trade in the future. Im sorry that i screwed up and I assure you I had no bad intentions. If i had bad intentions i wouldve taken longer to refund the money or not refunded the money, and i certainly wouldnt offer more money back like i did. Ive done as much as i can do to try and make this better with no avail. Flaminghamster is just mad that he didnt get the killer deal on the ram which i understand, but i was looking on the wrong product and got the wrong price and had to unwind the deal. I know it was my stupidity for not double checking the product but im not going to screw myself over either. I would rather have this name smeared than to sell my ram that is worth more than 140 bucks.
    Eric,
    You never offered more money and you nevered emailed me!!!!! There are rules and regulations that must be followed. Imagine Ebay, selling forums, and even internet stores agree to a price then decides that the item was worth more. Would there be Ebay or trading forums with sellers such as yourself present? Your attitude and your actions are unacceptable because buying second hand is base on good faith and you have tarnish the trust. Eric, if you do not understand the definition of integrity then perhaps the following link can help you.
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=336927
    Yes, I tried to offer him $190 for the Mushkins but he would not sell it because it was already sold for $125. That is a man with honor and integrity. I am not posting because I want your memory but I want to inform other members to becareful of you.
    Thanks and goodbye from the forum because we don't need people like you tarnishing the trading faith of the thousands of members present in this forum.

Kevin

You are a complete Liar hamster boy. I did email you and i did offer you money after i refunded you the 140 bucks. You need to check your mail or stop your lies. Quit being such an azz about this. I said i was sorry and tried to make good and all you want to do is make this anthill into a molehill.

Here is the exact conversation that went through with hamster and I proving that i offered him more money back than what he gave me for the ram. He is lying. I am not trying to cover up what ive done just trying to show that he is trying to make this deal look alot worse than what it was.

Private Message: Re: Corsairs
    Today, 12:27 AM
    Polargoat
    Stats
    Title: Registered User

Re: Corsairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flaming_hamster

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Polargoat

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PM me. I want it. Paypal instantly. There is no problem with it right?

there is no prob with it.i am using right now

i want to buy it

K my paypal is erowe@mchsi.com . I will send the ram out as soon as i get home from work.

Paypal = $140
    Just double checking.

yes thats correct. to erowe@mchsi.com

You got paypal. Is that pc3200 2x512mb

yes, pc3200 2x512 exactly.Im selling it to buy some pc 3700.thanks for the quick pymt i will send when i get home from work.

can you send it with delivery confirmation or tracking if possible?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Dude I really screwed up, I was looking at 2x256 on newegg not 2x512 here is the link i shouldve posted but mine is Low Latency which is 2-3-2-6 not 2-3-3-6.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-145-450&depa=0

If you do not want it let me know but I would really appreciate it if you sent me another 10-20 bucks just out of good business cuz i messed up. If you dont thats fine but would be very appreciated.Sorry for the mistake and confusion on this.

Sure, not a problem but let me me check out the memory first and if it is in good shape I will send the appropriate amount for compensation.
    So the memory that you are sending me is Corsairs pc3200LL @ 2-3-2-6?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

I sent you the money back for the complete screw i made. Its not fair to you or me and I thought about it and just cannot go through with the deal. Im very sorry about this. If you want i will send you 5 bucks for your trouble or to make good. I feel bad about this and have learned not to make this kind of mistake again.I hope i havent inconvienced you.

If you do not want it let me know but I would really appreciate it if you sent me another 10-20 bucks just out of good business cuz i messed up. If you dont thats fine but would be very appreciated.Sorry for the mistake and confusion on this.

It looks like you asked him for 10-20 dollars because you messed up. I don't quite get this.

734: Pride in a number.
    Find out why here.

(\_/)
    (-.o)
    (><) There's nothing funny about a one-eyed bunny.

Here is the exact conversation that went through with hamster and I proving that i offered him more money back than what he gave me for the ram. He is lying. I am not trying to cover up what ive done just trying to show that he is trying to make this deal look alot worse than what it was.

Private Message: Re: Corsairs
    Today, 12:27 AM
    Polargoat
    Stats
    Title: Registered User

Re: Corsairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PM me. I want it. Paypal instantly. There is no problem with it right?

there is no prob with it.i am using right now

i want to buy it

K my paypal is erowe@mchsi.com . I will send the ram out as soon as i get home from work.

Paypal = $140
    Just double checking.

yes thats correct. to erowe@mchsi.com

You got paypal. Is that pc3200 2x512mb

yes, pc3200 2x512 exactly.Im selling it to buy some pc 3700.thanks for the quick pymt i will send when i get home from work.

can you send it with delivery confirmation or tracking if possible?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Dude I really screwed up, I was looking at 2x256 on newegg not 2x512 here is the link i shouldve posted but mine is Low Latency which is 2-3-2-6 not 2-3-3-6.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-145-450&depa=0

Sure, not a problem but let me me check out the memory first and if it is in good shape I will send the appropriate amount for compensation.
    So the memory that you are sending me is Corsairs pc3200LL @ 2-3-2-6?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

I sent you the money back for the complete screw i made. Its not fair to you or me and I thought about it and just cannot go through with the deal. Im very sorry about this. If you want i will send you 5 bucks for your trouble or to make good. I feel bad about this and have learned not to make this kind of mistake again.I hope i havent inconvienced you.
    The result I wish to accomplish from this thread is to inform members that you are shady and do not do business with the likes of people like you. Do you know the term that is used when more money is demanded after payment is sent?
    Just stop and leave this forum because traders like you should be ban.