Unhappy Bad trader or bad etiquette??

A member who posted a WTB memory thread agreed to buy a stick of memory from over a week ago. A price was agreed upon and he said he paypal me last monday and then I'd ship out the memory to him. The last I heard from him was 7/24, when he said he contact me when he paypal'd me. Haven't heard from him since. I sent him a couple of PM's and posted once in his thread and no response. He has read his PM's and posted a "bump" in his thread after agreeing to buying my memory. If he had a change of heart, all he had to do was tell me and all would be cool. But ignoring me leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Rig#1
    ASUS A8N32 SLI deluxe bios 1009; X2 3800; 2gb OCZ platinum PC3200; Thermalright XP120 with panaflo; MSI 6600GT x 2 in sli; Samsung SATA 200GB x 3; Benq 1640; LG 4163; XP pro w/sp2; Enermax 600w; Lian Li PC65

Rig#2 (Still going, but getting grey in the tooth)
    DFI LP NF2 Ultra B; XP 2500+ Barton
    Thermalright SLK 800;1gb Buffalo PC3200
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate 200gb; Samsung 120gb
    BENQ 1620
    TT Purepower 560w; XP pro sp2
    LianLi PC65

My Heat: www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=15077

Re: Bad trader or bad etiquette??

bump

hey guys and gals, any input on my post. Am I being "sensitive" or am I right that this is inappropriate trading behavior. I'm tempted to give him/her negative heat.
    Rig#1
    ASUS A8N32 SLI deluxe bios 1009; X2 3800; 2gb OCZ platinum PC3200; Thermalright XP120 with panaflo; MSI 6600GT x 2 in sli; Samsung SATA 200GB x 3; Benq 1640; LG 4163; XP pro w/sp2; Enermax 600w; Lian Li PC65

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    BENQ 1620
    LianLi PC65

ya,thats bad etiquette.i would simply put the mem back up for sale,even though some time was wasted.i dont like that sheat.as a last thought,maybe hes in prison or somtin..?
    Biostar 790gx am2+
    Phenom II x4 720
    Sapphire Ati 4850(512mb)
    raid-0 x2 36gb raptors
    g.skill 2x2gb ram
    750 watt psu
    28 inch Hanns-g lcd monitor

This is definitely bad trading practices, but I don't know that it deserves a negative heat because no one lost out any money or hardware. I had a fellow agree to sell me a NIB abit Max3 for 130.00 a couple of months ago, he had 3 heatware and I had around 70-0-0 at that time, he argued that he was established enough to be paid first. After assuring him we all have to pay our dues and giving him all my contact info he agreed to ship first. I waited, pm'd him and no response. he finally said he shipped it fed ex. then I found out he still had it for sale on XtremeSystems.org. (never received the board or even a tracking number, he just ignored me when I pm'd him) when confronted by mods there he claims he had to use it cause his board died. after he claims that he already shipped it to me. anyway, he was banned from the for sale forum there and has never replied back to me as to why he lied. I didn't leave him any negative heat although I believe he deserved it because he broke an agreement to sell me the mainboard.
    Heat

Driving a one stack Mack with a window in the back.

trucker,

thanks for the reply. Calmer heads have prevailed. I'm much better about it now (I think). This guy recently posted that he needed a new power supply and I was really tempted to PM those that responded to his thread. But you're right. I'll let it slide.
    Rig#1

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    BENQ 1620
    LianLi PC65

Quote Originally Posted by frank quon
    trucker,

I was really tempted to PM those that responded to his thread. But you're right. I'll let it slide.
    I have thought about the fact that not even giving a deserving Nuetral over it all is a disservice to anyone who deals with the welcher in the future. I myself would like to be made aware of prior dealings with peeps like that. just today I had two deals I threw the towel in on because of shady BS, one wanted me to pay him upfront for an Audigy2 ZS sound card, 70.00 shipped. he has 3 heat and abut 12 posts. he then agreed to take half up front and half upon delivery, I said as long as he uses usps priority with DC. he started complaining about the delivery confirmation and it would be two dollars more. l told him USPO only charges .60 cents for it with Priority mail, and this transaction has become a PITA so I am moving on. I feel if you are going to trade and do business then get it done, don't quible over pennies using media mail and Parcel post, send it Priority and use the Delivery confirmation, it protects both parties!

Another fellow I left a pm to about him selling his doom 3 game got back to me and said he had to wait to see what the first person in line is doing, he was trying to come up with the money by tomorrow.. then he pm's me back and says it is mine if I want it, then 3 minutes later he says He now has to wait in the other fellow once again. I said dont' bother me anymore, I then ordered it from Newegg. If you don't have the money then you shouldn't be calling dibs and asking for the seller to hold while you get money together. KIDS. and all of this happened not here, but on [H]ard forums.
    Heat

Driving a one stack Mack with a window in the back.

you can't give him a Negative or a Neutral eval since no goods or money were sent or transferred. If you were to do so, he/she could contact Heatware to get it removed since it would be inappropriate to leave an evalulation. Best you can do, you already have done, bring it to people's attention so others can be aware of what went on and possible difficulties you can face trading with him/her.

This happens all the time. Happened to me twice just last week. The post above is correct, if no money or merchandise changed hands, no heatware can be left.

Best bet is to put him on your DNT list and handle all communications with his perspective traders privately.
    Athlon FX 55
    Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
    GF 7950 GT
    WD Raptor 74GB
    WD 100GB IDE
    Pioneeer A05 DVD RW
    Corsair 2 GB PC 3200
    ATI TV Wonder
    Samsung 210T LCD

Similar occurance right here this week. A member here had a decent price on some SDRAM, I decided to buy it for my Grand Kids machines. I was totally ignored until finally there was a note in his initial post that the RAM was sold.

I posted back asking if I had bought it, since I was the first to ask..but no dibs..maybe I should have..but didn't..anyway, he totally ignored me again. He won't be bothered by me again.

bovon,

I feel your pain. Where is a little common courtesy? If you offered too little or I asked for too much, just tell us and no problems. I was SO tempted to PM any and all members who responded to his posts for sale/trade and give them a heads up. But I decided it wouldn't be a good thing to do. Could turn into a PM flame war that destroys my rep also. Oh well, I am over it now. Just file away for future DNT reference.
    Rig#1

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    BENQ 1620
    LianLi PC65

Just happened to me with Painkiller over @ Anandtech. All he had to do was say, "I've changed my mind," instead of leaving me hanging for a few days with a "Pending to X" in my FS thread. Jerk.

maybe we should start a subcategory of jerk,slime,a...hole, etc., traders?
    Rig#1

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    BENQ 1620
    LianLi PC65

Common courtesy is the key here I believe...I too agree about the heat (not leaving any) A pet peeve of mine is people not updating their original threads as to sold........I find that sweet case, get all [H], only to maybe see a pm about being sold long ago........communication is very important for a clean deal and its gospel to me.....

maybe we should start a subcategory of jerk,slime,a...hole, etc., traders?
    Yeah.. I'll go along with that thought

Well......he**, happened again!.

I'll swear some of the people who are selling their used stuff at the forums today must be eBay rejects.

By far, the better guys do a great job when selling and keep up with the thread, PM's and questions..but some do not, and are possibly too young to be selling stuff anyway.

I am not listing user names...this is not a put down post for one individual, but rather a request to all to be careful of all potential buyers and work with them.

This guy had a 19 inch monitor forsale..needed money..wanted a sale locally etc. I am just about 75 miles east of the seller and offered to meet him somewhere and do a pickup/cash deal..or, ship it if he cannot meet up somewhere.

While "working" out the details with him, he goes over to the [H]ard forum, begins a thread there..and sells the monitor and had to ship it..all the while emailing me. How low can you get?...that was pretty childish if you ask me. I hope he had some laughs out of the deal.

Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens

This sort of thing is strictly illegal on ebay, so I think it would make for a good rule hear. also, while reading through the trading rules, I came upon this:
    [QUOTE]
    http://www.trollhunters.com and http://www.pcabusers.net Are sites containing listings of nicks, names, addresses and and other pertinent information. These sites try to help the deals forums of many websites in tracking down and confirming bad traders. Please read through this to see if a person is listed. This is not law, nor perfect. IF you feel someone needs to be added, do so. But make sure you have been burned, not bruised.
    [QUOTE]