Resolved [not implementing] url shortening

i notice that longer URL's get shortend automatically by VB. I was wondering if this could be disabled, because the links cannot be copied and pasted directly

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: url shortening

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD
    i notice that longer URL's get shortend automatically by VB. I was wondering if this could be disabled, because the links cannot be copied and pasted directly
    its usefull so it doesnt mess the size of the threads up etc, if there is a stupid URL which is really long like
    http: //blahblahblahthisisrubish.com/myusers/boringrubish/woohoo/newgraphicscard/newpc/stupidthingsblahblahbla

etc it gets stupid if you know what i mean, but ppl can do stuff like THIS, but if you right click on the link and select copy link location then it works fine, but i have realised that copy and pasteing straight away doesnt work but i think its perfectly fine how it is now

disabling this would disable it for everyone all the time. it is a global setting. as suggested above...you can right click and choose to copy shortcut...or you can choose to open it in a new window.

we wont be implementing this one. sorry
    hmm...

no problem TWO, just a suggestion

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: [not implementing] url shortening

Another workaround is to disable parsing when entering a post and enclose a link inside URL tags manually. That'll work up to the normal length limit for a URL, beyond that it'll be chopped off. The main use of the trick is to prevent automatic parsing in cases when certain characters in a URL trigger a premature /url tag