Post Code 5d - vnf3-250

I just got my parts in today for my first computer build. Chaintech VNF3-250, with an AMD 64 3000+
    I put everything together, when I booted it gave me the 5d code, I checked in the nanual and it says it is a sound error of somekind. So i removed my audio card (Audigy gamer) and tried it again but got the same post code. The manual didn't give a good descripition of the problem or how to resolve it. I found the sound jumper but really dont know what to set them too. I also did a google search which didnt turn up anything very useful. I hope you can help me out. Thank you

Re: Post Code 5d - vnf3-250

5D
    1. Initialize Init_Onboard_Super_IO switch.
    2. Initialize Init_Onbaord_AUDIO switch.

After you removed the Audigy gamer did you try a Cmos reset?
    WWW/FORUM: IRON Phoenix Headquarters
    GAMING: War Hammer On-Line, Star Trek Online, Call Of Duty 4, IL2:Aces, and NWN 2
    Main Rig:
    Gateway M685 w/C2D T7200 - Geforce 7900 GS - 18" 1080p (Laptop)

Other Rigs:
    Chaintech VNF3-250, w/AMD64 3400+
    ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 w/AMD64 3200+ (HTPC)
    Chaintech 7NLI1 w/Barton 2500+ (sons PC)
    Gigabyte GA-7VKMP-P w/Athlon 1.4G (Backup system)
    HP MediaSmart EX495 (Home Server)

I got past that error, I had a third stick of ram in that was not playing nice with everything else. Now I have a new problem. It boots up and all my programs and everything are still there. How ever my CD rom drives do not seem to want to work. My master cd drive (TDK cd/cdrw) has the green light on all the time. My slave (DVD 4x) doesnt have anylights on. Both of them will not open

edit: The cd drives dont show up under my computer, I'm going to fiddle with the IDE cables and see if that helps

edit 2: well im an idiot, I was using the floopy cable for my cd drive, I only got one ide cable with my mother board it seems. Lucky for me I had an extra one.
    Last edited by Xanders; 08-20-2004 at 04:05 PM.

LOL, glad you got past that. Welcome here and hope to see more of you.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

So I recently just updated my CPU and after installing the new CPU I turn my PC on and I get this error code on my motherboard.... 5d. I have no idea what to do.... Please help.

Motherboard- Biostar Hi-FI A85w
    CPU- A4 5300 AMD (old one) new one is the AMD A10 680k
    8GB RAM

did you clear the bios/cmos?

can you get into your bios?

ud