Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs up NOS Bar - It's Not All Hot Air and Gas

Hi guys, since here in the NOS area we don't have a bar, it is time to start one!!! What does this mean exactly? Well, it means we don't talk about resupplying me with yarn in your thread entitled, "Help the network monsters are eating me." In other words, we finally have a place to shoot the breeze with the other Networking and Operating Systems addicts. At least thats what I hope it means, because I just made all that stuff up. To kick it off, I have a funny story to share with you all.

Two days ago I took a girl out to the theatre, fun times, but it was raining. So there we are, dashing through the parking lot, when a car pulls out of its spot. It leaves behind a dry spot so perfect I think to myself, "Hmmmm, why don't I just go stand there for a second to get out of this rain." I stand there for about 5 seconds with the rain still beating on my head before I realized my miscalculation. DOH!!!

Feel free to share your clashes with stupidity, or just stop by to say hi and thank the mods for doing such a bang up job here.

And since today is the opening day of the bar, FREE DRINKS AROUND!!!
    Excerts from 213 Things Skippy Cant Do

"47. I am not a citizen of Texas, and those other, forty-nine, lesser states."
    "164. There is no such thing as a were-virgin."

and my personal favorite

"197. I am not allowed to sing “Henry the VIII I am” until verse 68 ever again."

Re: NOS Bar - It's Not All Hot Air and Gas

Sounds like something I'd do. On the same par as me making my first coffee on a really hung over morning. Pour hot water into the mug, sugar in the milk, milk into the coffee then put the kettle in the fridge and the milk on the kettle stand and wonder why the coffee tastes funny and who put the kettle in the fridge... Yes it has happened...

OK - give the boy a ball of yarn to spin and he'll pour you a drop provided you're not over 95 years old (ID required). It's about time we had a bar here, so pop ya head in and say g'day - morning or night.

Enjoy!

Someone mention FREE BEER

OK, I'm in

Ned

Yup - beer's free - might taste funny, but it's beer. You're not over 95 are ya?

ah ned... lemme pour you one for now, and come back for one for the road!!!

mjo... I do that too!!! Ok, not exactly THAT bad, but I have been known to pour a tall glass of Milk and start eating Frosted Flakes and OJ... ICK!!!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Hmmm.... I've been thinking about stopping by the OS forum to get some pointers about my Mozilla... true, it's not an OS, but I figured you guys would have a better clue than me. Never got around to it, though, it just seemed like I had so much else to do 'nStuff.

Of course, with free beer and all.... set me up!!!

Ahh - should have known Fluff wouldn't take long to show up

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

FREE BEER!

now this is my kinda forum!

10-12 beers would go along ways in nfixing my winxp installation.... least it will make me not care!

good luck on your new establishment here!

MMmmm....Beer. Makes the weekend go........smoothly......

Wow! Beer seems to be the trend... Anyone would think you guys were living in a drought or were underaged... Got ID?

I'm the bartender, but I can't drink!!! woohoo!!!

and my personal favorite

"197. I am not allowed to sing “Henry the VIII I am” until verse 68 ever again."

Afternoon all

Got any Good Old British tea behind that bar SF -- I'll take a cup right now

Now, gather round, I've got something to tell ya...

Watch out for that Jimz fella. He comes in here, spreading his tales of doom and woe, always got a tale of some new fangled virus 'nStuff yet never seems ill. I think they got to him, it doesn't look good

... now, where was I

enjoy

and my personal favorite

Fresh leaves man. Cookies are in the safe. Combo is 6 left 5 left 4 right 8 left 8 right 8 left 7 left 3 right 2.

Maybe he's one of those newfangled invincible units with that "Execution Protection" stuff I've been reading about... Jimzinator... Could it be like the Agent Smith Virus? Who's next? Can we trust anyone anymore?

More tea?
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 08-21-2004 at 12:46 PM.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir
    Maybe he's one of those newfangled invincible units with that "Execution Protection" stuff I've been reading about... Jimzinator... Could it be like the Agent Smith Virus? Who's next? Can we trust anyone anymore?
    Yeah, The Jimzinator, that's him -- next thing you know he'll be running for office around here -- suffers from self-grandiosement 'nStuff