Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: NOS Bar - It's Not All Hot Air and Gas

lol

... and to think I thought RAMing your ROM was something you did to a knackered Asus motherboard

The crazy Magic Mexican Amigo Mod should know a bit about that stuff... Ramming ASUS boards...

Morning

Just noticed mozilla have released new versions of Firefox (1.0 preview) and Thunderbord (0.8). Get 'em while they're hot

www.mozilla.org

Oh, and I'll take a cup of tea whilst they're downloading

Ned

Interesting... Good morning to you too mate. How do you have your cuppa? If you were in my shoes you'd probably still be downloading - 56K with horrible latency... Makes for a big cuppa

Milk and 2 sugars please Mj as you're offering

I know - We recently moved to a lovely rural village. Trouble is it didn't have broadband. The phone lines were so old I could just about get a 28K connection that would get dropped every 5 mins or so - I could barely download my spam-mail

We finally got broadband in July - you'll have to come visit

Ned

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider
    Morning

Just noticed mozilla have released new versions of Firefox (1.0 preview) and Thunderbord (0.8). Get 'em while they're hot

www.mozilla.org

Oh, and I'll take a cup of tea whilst they're downloading

Ned
    I noticed that after I read this bit over at the Inqwell. It mentions that the problems do not affect Firefox 1.0PR or higher.

Naturally, I have 0.9.2~ I had it look for updates, but it could not find any... is this one a "rip and replace" where I lose all of my settings, or is it an upgrade which keeps my bookmarks?

(Additional side prayer that the new version A) fixes that aggavating "no data" error, and B) Allows the Yahoo or Google toolbars... so dang handy, ya know? )

Do you like your tea green and fresh, or do you like that 'rotten' black stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff
    Do you like your tea green and fresh, or do you like that 'rotten' black stuff?
    rotten black stuff please

Sorry Fluff - can't help you with the firefox stuff - I haven't upgraded yet and I'm on linux anyhow

Ned

One tea - blonde with two lumps - coming right up!

I'd love to visit. Never been to the UK. Have lots of family there, but have never hd the opportunity to get over there... Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir
    One tea - blonde with two lumps - coming right up!

I'd love to visit. Never been to the UK. Have lots of family there, but have never hd the opportunity to get over there... Yet.
    The summer is nice - you best pencil in for July or August next year

We have a spare room

Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider
    The summer is nice - you best pencil in for July or August next year

We have a spare room

Ned
    Sheesh...........
    didn't even bother to invite me

howdy
    anyone with free booze?

Quote Originally Posted by lidistick
    Sheesh...........
    didn't even bother to invite me
    LOL, it's Robin to Mjölnir's Batman

Sure you can come too Lidi

Lidi's Batman. Danger man. I just follow his lead and try to keep out of trouble.

is catwoman coming too ?

As long as Batman is allowed to drink, I'm cool with that

Afternoon all

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff
    is this one a "rip and replace" where I lose all of my settings, or is it an upgrade which keeps my bookmarks?
    Hi Fluff,

Finally got around to updating my windows boxes. To answer your question (although I suspect you've already figured it out) it will upgrade and keep your bookmarks. I just moved the whole firefox installation dir to a backup directory for safety and then ran the installer. No problems for me. The thunderbird page warns about overwriting existing files so I did the same for that - backed up and just manually deleted the original dir.

Ned

Types of computer viruses:

Adam and Eve virus: Takes a couple of bytes out of your Apple.

Airline virus: You're in Dallas, but your data is in Singapore.

Anita Hill virus: Lies dormant for ten years.

Arnold Schwarzenegger virus: Terminates and stays resident. It'll be back.

AT&T virus: Every three minutes it tells you what great service you are getting.

The MCI virus: Every three minutes it reminds you that you're paying too much for the AT&T virus.

Bill Clinton virus: This virus mutates from region to region and we're not exactly sure what it does.

Bill Clinton virus: Promises to give equal time to all processes: 50% to poor, slow processes; 50% to middle-class processes, and 50% to rich ones. This virus protests your computer's involvement in other computer's affairs, even though it has been having one of its own for 12 years.

Congressional Virus: Overdraws your computer.

Congressional Virus: The computer locks up, screen splits erratically with a message appearing on each half blaming the other side for the problem.

Dan Quayle virus: Prevents your system from spawning any child processes without joining into a binary network.

Dan Quayle virus: Simplye addse ane ee toe everye worde youe typee..

David Duke virus: Makes your screen go completely white.

Elvis virus: Your computer gets fat, slow, and lazy and then self destructs, only to resurface at shopping malls and service stations across rural America.

Federal bureaucrat virus: Divides your hard disk into hundreds of little units, each of which do practically nothing, but all of which claim to be the most important part of the computer.

Freudian virus: Your computer becomes obsessed with marrying its own motherboard.

Gallup virus: Sixty percent of the PCs infected will lose 38 percent of their data 14 percent of the time (plus or minus a 3.5 percent margin of error).

George Bush virus: Doesn't do anything, but you can't get rid of it until November.

Government economist virus: Nothing works, but all your diagnostic software says everything is fine.

Jerry Brown virus: Blanks your screen and begins flashing an 800 number.

Madonna virus: If your computer gets this virus, lock up your dog!

Mario Cuomo virus: It would be a great virus, but it refuses to run.

Michael Jackson virus: Hard to identify because it is constantly altering its appearance. This virus won't harm your PC, but it will trash your car.

New World Order virus: probably harmless, but it makes a lot of people really mad just thinking about it.

Nike virus: Just Does It!

Ollie North virus: Turns your printer into a document shredder.

Oprah Winfrey virus: Your 200MB hard drive suddenly shrinks to 80MB, and then slowly expands back to 200MB.

Pat Buchanan virus: Shifts all your output to the extreme right of your screen.

Paul Revere virus: This revolutionary virus does not horse around. It warns you of impending hard disk attack---once if by LAN, twice if by C:.

Paul Tsongas virus: Pops up on December 25 and says, "I'm not Santa Claus."

PBS virus: Your PC stops every few minutes to ask for money.
    Politically correct virus: Never calls itself a "virus", but instead refers to itself as an "electronic microorganism".

Richard Nixon virus: Also known as the "Tricky •••• Virus", you can wipe it out but it always makes a comeback.

Right To Life virus: Won't allow you to delete a file, regardless of how old it is. If you attempt to erase a file, it requires you to first see a counselor about possible alternatives.

Ross Perot virus: Activates every component in your system, just before the whole thing quits.

Ted Kennedy virus: Crashes your computer but denies it ever happened.

Ted Turner virus: Colorizes your monochrome monitor.

Terry Randle virus: Prints "Oh no you don't" whenever you choose "Abort" from the "Abort, Retry, Fail" message.

Texas virus: Makes sure that it's bigger than any other file.