Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Lets get started on some Free Desktop PCs...

hey man im here, i replied to ur pm

well as of right now im not sure as to how were gona do t his, du3ce did send me a pm, but it was after the cutoff time.. im not sure because as you did say this is a bit more organized and i a m on a lot to update it..

i dont want to feel like an who just puts himself at the front of the line. so im not sure, what do u guys suggest doing

I think it would be a good idea to have both threads combined. Just don't know how to make it fair to everyone to this point.

Please, no one take offense to what I am about to say here, but this thread has a more professional look to it and looks more organized. Clearly jPaC has put some effort into this thread and he appears willing to maintain it. And as such he should remain at the top of this list. I don't know how much effort du3ce wants to put into his thread, but he should also get some credit for finding and starting the original thread. He should be at the least second on the list (maybe first with jPaC second).

As for the rest I think that should be up to the jPaC and or du3ce to decide. I can see the merit of people from both threads wanting to be as high up on the list as possible.

jPaC, what has du3ce said about this?

Thanks, radjax, I did take a nice amount of time to make it nice. du3ce and I havent really talked much, due to the lack of replying.

du3ce, I will offer you to be second on the list. If you refuse, you may go with your list and I will go with mine. I am sorry if you donnot like this, but I feel it is the right way to confront this situation.

If du3ce does refuse to do this, anyone from his list can request to be on this one. Just tell me if you would like a spot on here and I will give it to you. Also, its either this line or his. You can only pick on line to be on, to be fair.

I still am a little bit confused, do you guys feel comfortable waiing for the first person in line to signup? How do you guys think we should go about this?

I like the idea as presented here. I agree that du3ce should be second on this list. He is the one to start all of this in the first place. This would not be so confusing if the site were up and running so that we could signup and take our place. I think that jPaC has a good plan in place which I think will work until the site is up. If we do combine we need a fair solution for those who have responded to either thread. Let's face it there is no absolute fair way to make this work for everyone. Everyone wants to be at the best possible spot (myself included) or we would not be here. At the risk of pissing of everyone from du3ce's thread I suggest making the list as follows:

jPaC
    du3ce (provided we merge)
    butkovsky
    mdt23
    chino (requested here)
    rajax (requested after chino here)
    azn_bluee_boi (requested here after radjax)
    drevel1 (pending request)
    diDamn (pending request)
    AdSpecTHX (pending request)

From then on anyone else who signs up from this point (or reserves) will be next on this list. Might suggest moving radjax to after AdSpecTHX (or whoever is last on the above) since he came in after everyone else here.

I think that if we merge then the last 3 here have 24hrs to request or they are off this list. The 24hrs starts when (if) jPaC and du3ce agree to merge and a message is posted here with the date and time.

This is only my opinion and suggestions on this. Don't flame me for having an opinion. This seems reasonably fair to me.

OK mdt23, I like that and I edited my post for the line, I would still love to see some more thoughts about this.

whatever you and du3ce decide is fair...since you two are the leaders...

maybe we can alternate...one from this line an done form that line until everyone gets merged...i dunno...its just another idea

=)
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4541742

DFI nForce4 Ultra-D (SLi Mod)
    AMD 146 Opteron CAB2E 0546GPAW 10x310 = 3100MHz IHS Off
    Swiftech DDC w/Petras Top
    Storm G4/Maze 4 GPU
    Thermochill PA120.3
    2x512MB TCCD 2.5-4-3-7
    eVGA 7800GT 256MB 520/1230
    2x74GB Raptors 16MB RAID-0
    WD 250GB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi
    CM Stacker with Seasonic M12 600W PSU
    Dell 24" Widescreen LCD

Do you think how the list is now is fine?

Do you guys feel comfortable waiting for me to signup, and then signing up?

My vote is that the list is fine.

I don't think there should be a problem waiting for jPaC to signup. Clearly the intent is there and he has gone to a lot of effort to organize this list. Like i said before it is unfortunate that the site is down. I think it is fair to wait for him to signup.

This is his list, and he makes the rules to be a part of this list. To be a part of this list means that you accept his rules.

Just my 2 cents

Edit

Has du3ce responded or replied? What is his opinion? Maybe offer him second spot until the deadline currently in place. I think it is generous enough.
    Last edited by mdt23; 08-24-2004 at 02:15 PM.

du3ce has only demanded to be first, that is all that i got from him. mdt, that is a good idea. i will also offer him to be second in this line until 8:30 pm est deadline. if he doesnt reply than he will be off this list

Seems fair to me. I hope he does participate..

du3ce i gave you one deadline, and now i am giving you another. im giving you another chance to be on this list

stick with this one . If you keep changing its going to die like the freeflatscreen thread. Most of hte people on that list haven't posted in the page in at least a week .

I have to agree with gljvd. Don't make any other changes to this thread than what is on the table now. The Freeflatscreen thread (the one started 3 different times by JediDrew) was a disaster. Menuboy started a new one and it works much better, though it has not seen much action lately. After the deadline everything should be put into place and set in stone. Sorry for anyone who gets burned, but these threads can move fast and it is to your benefit to pay attention to what happens here. I think that jPaC is being pretty fair in offering du3ce and the others a chance to be a part of this. I also have to agree with setting a deadline.