Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: shopping list.. need comments :help:

Quote Originally Posted by nark
    do u have to go with an amd xp system? or is an amd 64 okay for you? I think for pretty much the same price you can get an amd 64. How much are the speakers and keyboard total?

nah over at my area, AMD 64bit chip without motherboard cost about twice or thrice the price of barton + motherboard..

speakers + KB & mouse about US$60...

Quote Originally Posted by [LYL]Homer
    AFAIK he can run 2x256mb as dual channel, and later just add 1x512mb and still run in dual channel. I was thrown on this point at first with another mobo, is this true as well on the NF7-S?

I agree about a 9800Pro 256bit, and get a cheaper case if you need to cut costs a bit. But I prefer less 'chrome' and more 'go' for the money.

If you can find a cheaper IDE drive than SATA get it. You'll not notice any difference.

I'll be goin to lan parties every other weekends so need something light.. lanboy casing very light compared to other brands.. and the psu is 350watts.. i guess it shld be ok right?

i mean the parts i've chosen isn't so power hungry right?

get a fortron 350 psu. they are rated for 350 watts, but they really put out about 380 max, i think they are the only power supply manufacturer that under-rates there psu's.
    nice mobo, nice cpu, and stick with two sticks of ram. one stick of 512 will not give you the same results as 2 sticks of 256. as long as you get two identical (different brands is usually ok- but they must run exactly the same speed) sticks.
    dual channel does not run 2 times faster, but it does give the ram about a 10% increase in speed. that can be alot when you are pushing your ram to the fullest. definately noticable and worth the few extra bucks.
    originally posted by [LYL]Homer
    If you can find a cheaper IDE drive than SATA get it. You'll not notice any difference.
    yep- sata drives are great, but you won't notice hardly any difference than the ata 133 right now, because the speed of the sata drives is bottlenecked.

I SEE...

oh yea looks barton chip very popular.. i see alot users system uses barton

well, im actually downgrading to a 1700+ tbred b soon.... i currently have a mobile 2600, but im just bored with it.

because he wants to run in dual-channel. Now that makes you wonder why people are opting for sock 939 instead of 754.
    But why??? It's not worth the extra $20. Performance isn't going to be better on an Athlon XP with dual channel, so why waste $20?!$#!@$

Spreading HD-DVD one signature at a time.