Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Why Is There Hate?

there are 2 ways people end up hating someone or a group of someones... one is that they were directly wronged by said individual... joe assbag jumps you in the street, you hate joe assbag... the other is fear/ignorance... joe assbag is black, you are ignorant and come to the conclusion that all blacks are like joe assbag, you fear blacks, you hate blacks... ofcourse this situation applies to other situations than blacks... number 2 can be easily abused to push ones agenda... a few arabs attack the us, all arabs are the same, all are feared, all are hated... im sure you all know someone that thinks like this...
    TForce550se|brisbane3600@2.4ghz|2x1gb|7900gs@550/800

Quote Originally Posted by 'K-
    I've always wondered this. I've met many people of different races, religions, nationalities, socio-economic conditions, political viewpoints, sizes, shapes, dispositions, you name it. I've met some really peaceful, loving, caring people and some very hateful, bitter individuals as well. But out of all the people I've met, I've never met a person that likes to be hated. Yet we all seem to love to hate something or someone.

So what I've decided to do was come to the good people of PC Perspective and get your opinion on why does hate exist? No one wants to be hated, it never feels good, yet there's so much of it everywhere we look. Sometimes the hate is so heavy you can feel it like humidity in the air (look at any newspaper from any major city and you'll see the hate splattered all over the front page).

Why is it? Is it because of the devil? Is it because of our ignorance? Maybe it's a survival mechanism? What? And more importantly do you think mankind will ever be able to see past his hatred and be able to truly work with one another and build a world that's benefictial to all? Or will our hate be the death of us? The first animal to let it's emotions cause it's own demise.

PCPER, speak on it!
    a small diference,language or skin color or shit liek that wil ltriger hate.u get a few ppl to hate the neighbour,and their frends wil las well,generally..so it spreads outa proportion

Although love and hate are on opposite ends of the scale, you don't need to experience one to appreciate the other. All you need is to experience the middle ground - indifference.

Simple, because human are egoists creature! We feel that everything revolved around us! So if something disturbed that 'harmony', we simply HATE it.
    Mozilla Firefox 2.0: Easy to use, simple yet customizable, and it's FREE. (Well, 2.0 is kinda suck actually, I went back to 1.5)

Rig II: HP Compaq dx6100MT (P4-520, 1GB, 40GB), Winfast Geforce 6600 128MB, Logitech diNovo (RF)'s Cordless Ultra-Flat, Logitech MX610, Kingston DataTraveler ReadyFlash 1GB, Windows Vista Ultimate. (WEI: 4.0)

Rig III: Mac Mini (1.66GHz, 1GB, 60GB), Logitech Cordless Desktop S530 Laser for Mac, Mac OS X 10.4.10

Both sharing a GTC 17" TFT LCD Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Vihsadas
    The answer to this question is easy (Well at least in my mind! )
    Hate exists so that we can experience love. Without hate, love could not exist. The two are part of a range of negative and positive emotions that require the existance of counter-emotion/feelings to exist.
    Think about it. If you really NEVER knew what hate/fear was, then how could you know what love is? You wouldn't have a reference point to compare "love" to, so there would be no way to know "what love is". Instead we would be emotionless.
    Therefore, I think that as a people we need to praise and cherish the existance of hate, fear, pain, and helplessness. Because, without these things, we wouldn't beable to know the "good" things in life such as, admiration, love, pleasure, and empowerement.
    Without, "Hot", "Cold" has no meaning. Without "up", "down" does not exist. Without "Here", there is no "there". Without "Evil", there can be no "good".
    Without "Hate", there is no "love".
    For me, "original sin" is actually an "original blessing". This is because without that initial sin, there would be no way to experience the blessings that life has to bring.
    Cherish the bad times in your life, because without those, you would not beable to know the experience of the good times. It's all relative.
    love is not the opposite of hate, indifference is...
    3v1l l337
    Athlon X2 3800+ @2.6 GHz 1.4 vcore
    TT Big Typhoon
    2x512 DDR 400 2.5-3-3-7 1T@ 216MHz
    Evga NF4 Mobo (rebranded jetway)
    evga 7800GT@stock currently
    80GB SATA

Dreams are like appendixes. Utterly useless, and rarely deadly...

WTS "WANG" x1 PST

Quote Originally Posted by l3p3r_M355i4h
    love is not the opposite of hate, indifference is...
    I would actually have to agree to a degree with that statement. Well, my most subtle introspective thoughts and meanderings have led me to the conclusion that there are actually only two emotions: love and fear. I believe that all other emotions are only a subset of these. I've pondered a very long time about this, and have decided, that at least from my perspective this holds true. I would have to agree however, that there are times that indifference is the opposite of love. Afterall,
    if you "hate" something, you are actually taking the time to consider it.
    if you "love" something, you are also actually taking the time to consider it.
    However, if you are indifferent toward something, then you afford that thing, the worst possible fate, not being considered at all.