Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: "Compassion" - to punish queers

While I oppose homosexuality, this law would appear to be misdirected.

Rather than punishing, their should be "corrective education" to show the offenders the deception of homosexuality, that it is NOT normal, and not right.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke

Rather than punishing, their should be "corrective education" to show the offenders the deception of homosexuality, that it is NOT normal, and not right.
    where as i agree its not normal and not right your headed for trouble with that statement have fun

Quote Originally Posted by PaternityTest
    where as i agree its not normal and not right your headed for trouble with that statement have fun
    Well, at least we'll go down together!!!

would you support "corrective education" if a group insisted being straight isnt "normal" or "not right"?
    Abit NF7-S rev 2 - 1700+ tbred B @ 2.4 ghz - 512 mb OCZ PC3500EL - ATI 9800 Pro

"see it, believe it, never stop working to make it happen"

CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by mattst88
    I though you were anti-gay? Maybe just anti-gay marriage?
    Anti-Gay? Huh? I have nothing wrong with gay people and have quite a few gay friends (that may want to meet you... heh).

I'm just against gay marriage... like most of them actually are as well.

Isn't there a huge TV show airing right now called "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?"

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Most gays I know regard the term as being derogitory, but mostly when said by straight people. Its like how black people can say "n*gger" yet other races cannot say it.

(thats just how it is here in Long Beach, a city with a huge gay population, your city may be different)

I'm just against gay marriage... like most of them actually are as well.
    I'm against queers perpetuating the cycle, but then again, I'm probably going to do the same thing. But, they should still have the choice of doing so. That's another million threads, however.

Most gays I know regard the term as being derogitory, but mostly when said by straight people. Its like how black people can say "n*gger" yet other races cannot say it.

(thats just how it is here in Long Beach, a city with a huge gay population, your city may be different)
    Most people I know that are gay refer to themselves as gay. None of them are offended by the use of the term queer when used in most contexts. When used as a pejorative, certainly it may upset them. Queer can be an umbrella term, and to many people on these fora, I qualify as a queer even though I'm not gay.

How do you define normal? What is it? Why is "homosexuality" not "normal"? I've had this dicussion with other people here, so I'd rather you not bother yourself with trying to answer it with a reply. Just ask yourself those questions and consider them.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike
    would you support "corrective education" if a group insisted being straight isnt "normal" or "not right"?
    Except being straight IS normal, thus invalidating your hypothesis!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    How do you define normal? What is it? Why is "homosexuality" not "normal"? I've had this dicussion with other people here, so I'd rather you not bother yourself with trying to answer it with a reply. Just ask yourself those questions and consider them.
    Of course you don't. I can appreciate your Libertarian views, but you don't the answer given. There is no sane logical reason to define "homosexuality" as normal. Quite frankly, it is disgusting.

Not that I think homosexuality should be illegal..........far from it. I firmly support the sanctity of ones home. That said, I think there should be active education to deter ppl from practicing homosexual behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    Anti-Gay? Huh? I have nothing wrong with gay people
    Oh ok, disregard.

Staring at a cathode ray tube that's throwing electrons at my face at the speed of light while jiggling some strange object named a "mouse" and hammering away at my "keyboard" to address other human beings via a series of bit strings varied with voltages and encoding schemes transmitted over microwaves to a receiver connected to copper wires that connect to this amorphous object called the "Internet". If God didn't want queers then he didn't want Comcast either.

We as humans have done alot of things that don't qualify as natural. BUT of course God didn't say anywhere in the Bible "I forbid plasma screen TV and video projectors" so I guess that makes it ok. I hate when people bring God into this and their religiously shaped ideas on what people are allowed to do in a modern society. I love sex and God says it's a sin. He also said masturbation was a sin. I wonder how many of that stopped us from doing it. Tonite.

Let God be my judge, not you.

nuke,

I really, really hope that one of your kids turns out to be gay? Maybe that would lower your level of self-righteousness. Have you ever looked at statistics of how many women have lesbian experiences by the time they finish college? If you have a daughter, just think of how likely it is that she'll try it in college. Of course, you're probably saying that a Christian girl raised right who goes to church won't try sex. Actually they are the worse ones. My friends love girls like that since they just go wild on the weekends, sleep around and experiment like crazy. My point is that instead of bible beating you might want to read that book you're thumping and pay attention to the parts about Jesus being tolerant and accepting others. I don't recall many stories of him pickong on people.

Except being straight IS normal, thus invalidating your hypothesis!
    thats not fact.
    Abit NF7-S rev 2 - 1700+ tbred B @ 2.4 ghz - 512 mb OCZ PC3500EL - ATI 9800 Pro

"see it, believe it, never stop working to make it happen"

CLICK HERE

14 isn't exactly a child. Maybe not an adult, but not a child. No one physically capable of bearing or siring children is a child. I see nothing wrong with consentual sex between a 14 year old and an 18 year old as long as both, or all involved are really compliing of thier own free will.

Overall homosexuality in people and animals is around 8% by reasonable estimates and has been since the beginning of life with multiple genders. I hear a LOT about homosexuality being unatural....but it occurs and has occured in nature for billions of years. People do have will power and can determine thier own sexuality, even if it goes against their nature, but why should they feel they have to? Even if homosexuality was simply a choice, why shouldn't people entitled to make thier own decisions and follow through with them, as long as they don't harm others?

On the topic of homosexual marriage, if EVERY homosexual person was opposed to it, it would still be plainly wrong to leagally ban it. Marriage is a religious thing and shouldn't have any laws condoning or limiting it at all. There is also no logical reason to limit civil unions between any 2 or any number of consenting people. "Traditional" marriages have just as many if not more problems than highly unconventional ones. Most (as in more than half) of marriages end in divorce. Crimes against spouses and poor parents are also more common in a traditional marriage.

I have never heard a non-religous reason as to while homosexuals should not be allowed to have exactly the same marriage rights as everyone else.

Seems that alot of people would like to have laws passed to try and prevent anything they disagree with, it's pethetic. You don't like it? DONT F***ING DO IT! If people would just mind thier own business, everyone would be better off.

As for being "normal" or not, why the hell would that matter? I'm 6'2" tall and weigh under 160 pounds, I'm less common and hence less normal than homosexuals. My height/weight ratio isnt really a choice and nither is homosexuality, but for the sake of argument lets say it is. I'm 20 years old and I don't have a drivers licence, that is my choice and it's a less common "choice" than homosexuality. I don't drink alcohol or anything carbonated AT ALL, thats WAY less normal than homosexuality. Should I be burned at the stake too?
    Last edited by oralpain; 09-02-2004 at 01:59 AM.

This is clearly a double standard. An 18 year old senior male has sex with a 14 year old female freshmen. Is the government going to seek charges against the senior? NO!!!
    Is the government even going to investigate? NO!!
    If it did tried to investigate, you would have a dozen boys from EVERY high school in the nation thrown in jail every year!
    The crime from the government's view is being a homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    {}

Well, that's "iffy", to say the least. If an 18 year old guy has sex with a 16 year old girl, should he be charged with a crime? What about a 15 year old who is about to turn 16? What ages are now included in "childhood"? I don't consider people in their teens children, but I also don't consider them adults. If we can try these supposed "children" as adults for things like murder and then impose adult sentences on them, that to me is truly indicative of our beliefs surrounding age and maturity. Someone is mature enough to be tried as an adult for murder but isn't mature enough to have sex with one of their peers?

{}
    Well I wasn't exactly implying any of what you're saying above. You built up this whole argument about murder then question me on it but I don't recall drawing any such parallel. It's just my own personal belief that adults shouldn't be having sex with children. The state has drawn the line at the age 18 so argue with them. And unless I'm the only one that's actually passed the age of 18 I've seen a huge difference in maturity levels of an 18 year old and a 14 year old. If anything 18 year old high school boys take advantage of 14 year old girls who are trying to gain their attention using sex while not even understanding if they like it or not. Physically there's also a huge difference between 14 and 18. So call me crazy for recognizing these things but primarily the reason why we have these laws is so that we can protect the physical and mental well-being of our "underage adults" and frankly I appreciate that.

So in my opinion I don't feel like a 14 year old should be having that type of relationship with an 18 year old. And in this particular case I don't believe an 18 year old should be having butt sex with an under-developed 14 year old boy. You've got me curious though. How many years senior are you to your girlfriend? Normally I date girls that have been a year or two younger than me so I'm by no means perfect. My fiance is a year older than me and it's only the second time in my life I've dated someone older than me.