Thread: mozilla-help

mozilla-help

Im useing Mozilla , today I went to the corsair [memory] web sight to check on a stick. the problem was I wasnt able to down load the "PDF" files ? What do I need to do so I can DL that type of files ?????? Please HELP...... Thanks

Re: mozilla-help

What distro and what version of mozilla are you using?

Do you mean you couldn't even download the PDF, or you couldn't open the PDF file in your browser (or a seperate PDF viewer)?

Ned

OK-I could'nt down load the PDF file ,all I got was a blank page after clicking on the need file . No note or errors given
    Im useing WIN-ME with Mozilla 1.6

I'm not sure why you're in the Linux forum, but you probably just need to install (or re-install) the Adobe acrobat reader. PDF files are Portable Document Format files that are read with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can get it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

As an aside, when did Acrobat Reader go from and already bloated ~6 meg download to almost 16 megs?!?@# What else can they add to it? Yeesh.
    - JP Money -
    alyson (Hannigan) [XP/Gentoo]
    Athlon 64 3200+ | Shuttle SN85G4 | 1GB PC3200 | BFG 6800 OC | Dell FP1800 18" LCD
    milla (Jovovich) [Gentoo Linux]
    Sony PCG-Z1A
    liz (Phair) [FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE web/mail server]
    Athlon t-bird 1.4 Ghz | Gigabyte 7DXR | 2 GB PC2100 | Adaptec 29160 | 36 GB Seagate Cheetah 10K

Talking Re: mozilla-help

Thanks JpMoney.. I got Adobe Acrobat installed? I wonder if that web sight just had a dead PFD link? You see , I wasn't ask by Mozilla -how i wanted to DL file or view the file. It just never loaded after clicking on it ?? I'll go back there an try useing IE -6 to view file. Ill post IF i can figure it out.. Thanks again

Talking Re: mozilla-help

I got it - ME a noob... he he he .. I needed to start Adobe Acrobat,leave it running in background. Then I use Mozilla to get to Corsair Memory web sight, Then Adobe will open the PDF Memory selection files for the different MB"s .. Now I know if I cant open a type of file to try useing Adobe.... Where can I get a list of file types Adobe will open ?????????
    Last edited by 3legged dog; 09-05-2004 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3legged dog
    Now I know if I cant open a type of file to try useing Adobe.... Where can I get a list of file types Adobe will open ?????????
    PDF files are the only files Adobe Acrobat will open/read

Ned

Thumbs up Re: mozilla-help

A Big Thanks For Your Help Ned, Take Care Guy......