Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sourcer: BAD Trader!!!

I cannot post this in the above section so I'm posting here. I hooked this guy up beyond belief and the POS vanished. He took my AMD A64 3400+, Shuttle AN50R and 1GB OCZ PC4200. Please avoid at all costs, its been well over two months and I have heard nothing. Save yourself from this guy. We did the sale at Driverheaven.net but I thought I should warn everyone since he is a member here also.

Goes by Sourcer, Sourcer_2002, Sourcer_2003
    sourcer@psychopro.com
    sourcer@xtrateck.com

Thanks
    Nick

Edit- This is his user page
    http://forums.pcper.com/member.php?userid=69012
    Last edited by Dr.Nick; 09-08-2004 at 12:50 PM.

Re: Sourcer: BAD Trader!!!

details

I'm in North Missouri if ya need some local Help....

bump...
    HeatOMeter

A VERY dusty Dell E1505

Looking for a Desktop...

Well, I thought the guy was great. We had many chats on MSN for months and he was a regular at DH. He told me of how badly he needed a PC so I did my best to help out. I sent him one week old parts which at the time were worth over $850 and I told him he can have it all for only $450. Not only that but I told him he only had to pay me $50 a week. Now I'm not sure about you guys but that is one hell of a deal that no one will ever return to me in a million years. He made one payment 3 weeks later and then vanished without a trace. I've sent multiple emails to all his adresses but no reply. Now there is no question that if the guy hasn't passed away he's definitely avoiding me. I'm not sure what I can do at this point. I do know he lives at indiana and theres another guy at DH that sold him a case and is in the same boat as me. I'll take any tips on how to deal with this but I fear the worst.
    Live and learn I guess
    Thanks

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

PM tenax about this. he works with TrollHunters.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

That is awful to hear. I will keep an eye out for him. I usually frequent 3 trade sights and watch ebay constantly.
    AMD X2 5400/EPoX AF590 SLI2
    Zerotherm BTF90
    Saphire X1950 XT
    2G GEIL DII800 GX22GB6400PXK
    Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
    Antec P180B

Angry Re: Sourcer: BAD Trader!!!

@#$Dammit. Something like this should never happen to people like Nick. It's shitty because people build all this trust and want to continue having this great attitude and then get trolled for it. Man..

flip
    fLiPaChu's Main Rig

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 10.5 x 232 = 2.436ghz SOLID
    LRWW -> MAZE4GPU -> CUSTOM BUILT RES/HC SETUP
    Abit NF7-S + AS3'd NB / Zalman'd SB
    DCDDR 512x2 Corsair XMS3200LL Pro 6-3-3-2T CH5 V1.0 250FSB with my P4C!
    W/C ATi Radeon 9800Pro @ 441/375
    and climbing. and of course..
    Apple iPod 10GB Windows

Heatware: flipachu

Doubt that you'd want to pay more into this (legal fees, pursuing Small Claims Court, etc)...
    Off the top of my head, that would involve running down ISPs and IP addresses and the like. If you could at least get a full name (and/or spouse/gf's name, you could try to track him through the phone book, then get a reverse directory for a physical address, that sort of thing.

I agree that it is unlikely you'll ever see the rest of the money, but if you were to post the details on as many forums with trade pages, and/or ask the moderators for their help, I'm pretty sure you could, at the very least, hamper his efforts to swindle others out of their money and/or hardware in the future.

My sympathy for your losses, best wishes for the future of your quest, and appreciation for sharing this with us all so we can better protect ourselves in the future.
    PC7B+ CM:A64X2 4200:PCP&C 510SLI: DFI nF4 SLI-DR:2x7800GTX:2x74GB Raptors-RAID 0, 120GB IDE:2x1GB Ballistix PC4000
    PC60 CM: A64 3500: Ultra XC 500W: Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939: eVGA 6800GT: 80GB IDE: 4x256MB Geil Ultra PC3500

ISP Email 36-0-0 HeatWare 34-0-0 eBay 38-0-0 PimpRig.com