Martha Stewart Wants To Put 'Nightmare' Behind Her

Wtf is Martha Stewart doing? I don't care if you think she's innocent or guilty or deserves jail time or not, why in the world is she voluntarily going to jail when she may not even have to?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/money/3731985/detail.html tells the whole story.

Whether or not you like her, I have to admire her. Personally if I was sitting on her type of money, I'd wait until the appeal was finished with to be sentenced. Seriously......

Re: Martha Stewart Wants To Put 'Nightmare' Behind Her

Quote Originally Posted by 'K-
    Wtf is Martha Stewart doing? I don't care if you think she's innocent or guilty or deserves jail time or not, why in the world is she voluntarily going to jail when she may not even have to?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/money/3731985/detail.html tells the whole story.

Whether or not you like her, I have to admire her. Personally if I was sitting on her type of money, I'd wait until the appeal was finished with to be sentenced. Seriously......
    It's a common tactic. Alot of appeals processes take months or years, and living in the limbo of not knowing is just too stressful for some. Alot of non-violent criminals elect to go to jail and not appeal so that they are free at an earlier time in their life.

A nightmare behind her now might be some butch lesbian in the shower. Many people feel that she's been such a witch for so long that this is just carma coming back to bite her in the you know what.

last tiem i heard she were redecorating the wrong inmates cell

Quote Originally Posted by Vihsadas
    It's a common tactic. Alot of appeals processes take months or years, and living in the limbo of not knowing is just too stressful for some. Alot of non-violent criminals elect to go to jail and not appeal so that they are free at an earlier time in their life.
    That's a pretty sad state of affairs though isn't it? It's the same in the UK & probably the world over. The law is run for the benefit of the legal system. No other 'industry' has managed to retain its cushy, inefficient and protective practices like they have. Government won't reform it because they're 99% lawyers too.

Enmore,

Good point, although in this case it diesn't bother me one bit

Martha’s decision to drop the appeal process is strictly monetary and business related. Her chances of winning her appeal were miniscule.

Beyond the crud she said yesterday about "putting it behind her"...wipe tears...."be home to do spring plantings"....I think its an extension of her out of control ego. SHE wants to set the terms...the when and where. An absolute insult at everyone. IMO

Martha’s decision to drop the appeal process is strictly monetary and business related. Her chances of winning her appeal were miniscule
    She hasn't dropped the appeal process at all, she just doesn't want to wait, she just wants to get the jail time out of the way. Only problem with this, what if she wins on appeal and the verdict is overturned? Means she would have gotten no jail time to begin with. It will be ineresting to see how this plays out.

I'm no Martha Stewart fan by any means, but I think alot people would agrea that she got "picked" on, I mean, look at it this way, If my friend owned a major corporation called me and told me to sell their company stock becuase we're fixing to lose big, I mean what would you do, lose your money and lose it on purpose when you knew better? It's tough to know you could go to jail just because you were warned. I would think this kind of business is going on everyday on the "street"