Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Waiting to hear from BrettBall

I've sent a couple PMs to AMDdoolbooter over the past few months about $238 he owes me, but I haven't gotten any response. I know he has been posting on this board, I used the forum's search function. I didn't make a big deal out of this for months because quite frankly I was so busy with other things that I just couldn't get to it. So, when I came back to these forums after a several month hiatus, I checked my PMs and realized that I never got paid the $238 for a graphics card I sent him.

Anyway, if you see this AMDdoolbooter, just send me the $238 MO as soon as you can. I wanted to keep this private, but I also don't want to get ripped off.

P.S. I tried to post in the "Bad Trader" forum, but my posting privileges are restricted there.

EDIT: AMDdoolbooter has tried to contact BrettBall with no response so we are waiting to hear back from BrettBall to get this resolved.
    Last edited by Crazy Chuckster; 11-18-2004 at 09:02 AM.
    Space for Rent

Please PM me first, and then email me at dhlbruin@ucla.edu

Re: Problems with AMDdoolbooter

Smack Him Up
    AMD 3200 Barton | 2 x kingston 512 PC3200 | Soltek SLFRN2 RL + Zalman passive NB Cooler | SLK800-A with TT UFO - silly lights | 9800XT 256MB | WD Caviar 120GB sata HD | 400W SIlent PSU | Pioneer 108 16x DVD Burner | XP Pro |

^^bump^^
    Windows XP Pro
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    2500 Barton oc@3200
    1g Geil 3200
    2x Seagate 75gig in Raid O
    Thermatake 400w ps

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=192

Talk to mods..? They should help! They helped me
    Banias 1400MHz : 600m : 1024MB DDR : 30GB : 64MB M9
    Newcastle 2300MHz : VNF3-250 : 1024MB DDR : 120GB : 128MB NV35
    EOS-300D : EOS-650 : EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 : EF 35-105mm f/3.5-4.5 : EF50mm f/1.8 mkII
    Heatware Ebay
    kj DOT chen AT utoronto DOT ca

OK, I STILL haven't gotten any response. Mods, can I get some help?
    Space for Rent

Re: Problems with AMDdoolbooter (TROLL ALERT?)

before you crazy let the mods help you out 1st Just make sure you e-mail them or PM them see if they can work there magic..we have some great mods in here!!!!
    Click here to email me
    MY HEAT
    DFI - 875 Inifinity
    DFI - 875 Inifinity Has it all!
    P4 2.4@3.12 FSB 260/1.52v SLK900u 92mm fan
    2x512 MB Geil Plat. DDR533 chips 1:1 260 FSB 2.8v
    ATI 9800 Pro
    Maxtor 80gig 8meg cache
    lite-on 52x24x52 Pioneer DVR-106D
    Blue Chieftec/550watt Super FlowersPlug-N 14cm PSU
    Leadtek expert tv tuner card

Re: Problems with AMDdoolbooter (TROLL ALERT?) mods?????

bump. Can a mod help me here?
    Space for Rent

A couple months?

YES.. that is a TROLL .. I do not have any FREE Money.. do you?

I would be so very angry after a couple months and want my money and revenge too.
    Heat Refs 192-0-0

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill

$238? I suggest we all send PMs to AMDdoolbooter to get his act together. I can't sleep if I owe anyone $5 (CDN btw ) let alone $238!!!

EDIT: Check it out:

Birthday:
    April 8, 1973
    Biography:
    Stoned White Dude
    Interests:
    Unreal Tournament, Athlons and 420
    Quality Assurance Analyst, Server Administrator

"Quality Assurance Analyst". Does that include stealing other people's money?

This will teach you a lesson, do not ship until you get paid. Especially to "Quality Assurance Analysts"!
    Last edited by ahmad; 10-24-2004 at 08:14 PM.

^^^

lol maybe he died O_O lol j/k
    bump

Im suprised one of the great anti-troll mods hasnt jumped all over this one. Usually they are swift for justice, must be something we dont know about maybe they are already dealing with him?

Proph
    email: Prophecy1@insightbb.com
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
    AMD 4000+ AM2 2x1M
    2 Gigs of CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400
    ATI 1900XT 512MB VIDEO
    HD 250G|ST 7K 16M SATA2 ST3250620AS
    PSU CORSAIR|HX520W RT (this rocks btw)

Thats the machine Im running now, I got about 4-5 around here but my epeen is big enough without showing off in my sigs.

Resolved Official Rebuttal and Apology

First off, I want to thank my good friend BG Sitizen for forwarding this to me in an MSN chat so I can resolve this issue.

Second, before my name gets trashed anymore than it is already let me explain a few things.
    This transaction took place at the beginning of summer. I sent BrettBall a Postal Money order for the amount in question. When the deal went through he tacked on an additional $18 I beleive for shipping, which was never agreed to before he shipped the card at the given price. Fine. Nobody likes to get hit with shipping, but im a pretty reasonable guy, and it was a great deal still. Two weeks after I sent him the PMO for $238, he started PMing me saying he didnt get the money. I sent it via USPS PRIORITY MAIL with DC which came out of MY pocket. The tracking said it was delivered. OK, fine. I went to the PO where I got the MO and requested a refund/replacement, which I had to pay for out of my own pocket. $4 isnt much, but when I was already slammed with HIS shipping bill, it starts to add up. 2.5 months later the post office sends me a replacement MO for the amount of $238. Now we are in the middle of summer and I shot off a PM to him telling him the MO came in. I didnt get a response for another month and a half to verify his address so this would not happen again. Now comes the busiest time i've ever had in my life. My daughter starts kindergarten. My wife starts the nursing program at a local college. My mother in law who is our primary babysitter passes away. I began working 7 days a week in August and I am put on a cardio health program by my doctor to lose some weight and get fit. Im sorry, but during that time there was no more forum trolling and trading because frankly, with the wife quitting work to do clinicals, I dont have the money for toys anymore or the time to look for them. I know no one wants to hear/believe my story, or gives a shit about my side but this is how things work sometime. I forgot all about this, and the money is sitting at home in an envelope.

BrettBall, I will be sending you a Cashiers Check from my bank on Friday. I will be sending it via PRIORITY MAIL with DC and SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. It will be in the amount of $225 to pay for half of this extra added costs which I will take to make sure you get your money.

I apologize for the way this deal worked out for you BB. I am a very trustworthy individual and I never intended for you to think I scammed you in any way. Please PM me your current address and I will be in touch with you when the money is on its way, Friday 10/29.

***EDIT, a PM that was sent to me from BrettBall***

Don,

I sent you a PM on August 2nd stating that I'd like the $238 MO you owe me sent to my address. Upon checking my records, I see that I still haven't received that $238 MO. I have a $238 MO you sent me dated March 22nd of this year, but I believe that was the one you voided.

Please let me know what's happening as soon as possible

*** So now everyone can see I DID pay, but he lost the MO on his end. After I went through the trouble of replacing it and trying to get in touch with him over the summer, he mysteriously finds the missing Money Order.
    Last edited by AMDdoolbooter; 10-26-2004 at 10:25 PM.
    Sys #1 "DXP-GT"...3D01=20769...3D03=11793...AQM3=54463
    Athlon XP-M 2600+ Barton & Alpha PAL 8045T w/ Delta 80mm(12x200=2400)
    Abit NF7-S - BIOS 19 - UDP 3.13
    1024 MB GEiL Golden Dragon PC3500 Twinpack in Dual Channel (2x256-1x512)
    1x Maxtor 40GB ATA133 8MB Cache
    1x Western Digital 120GB ATA100 8MB Cache
    eVGA GeForce 6800GT 256MB - ForceWare 61.77- Coolbits 2.0 - 400/1100 - Arctic Silencer 5
    nForce Soundstorm Digital Sound ->Digital Fiber Optic
    nForce 1394 Firewire
    Antec 550 Watt True Power PSU

Sys #2 "TiVO XP"...3D01=?????...3D03=????
    Athlon XP 2600+ Barton & SLK-700 w/ TMD fan (200x11=2200:3200+)
    Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro - PR3ACHER F12 - UDP 3.13
    512MB Corsair XMS3200LLPT TwinX in Dual Channel(2x256)
    1x Hitatchi 120GB ATA100 8MB 7200RPM
    XFX GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB - 61.77
    Leadtek TV2000XP Expert Tuner
    nForce Soundstorm Digital Sound ->Digital Coax
    nForce 1394 Firewire
    Allied 450 Watt PSU

Re: Official Rebuttal and Apology

I feel it is appropriate for me to add the following in regards to AMDdoolbooter: I did a trade with him a short while back. Since we live in the area, we met up for a "face to face" trade. I must say that he was a VERY HONEST TRADER; A man of 100% integrity. He sold me a KVM switch -- with the added cables -- for a VERY, VERY low price. The switch and cables were in perfect condition. Additionally, he was very personable and helpful during the time we talked (which was most of the night). And even offered his assistance to work with me if I had any problems or further questions.

Additionally, he does have a daughter. And she is at the age were she would start school at the time he is stating. As for his wife and her Nursing education: I must say, it is not much different from medical school. It is VERY difficult, stressful and expensive. Nurses are now highly trained and are expected to know many of the same scholastic disciplines that a doctor would take as in his/her undergrad studies as a med student (Human anatomy & physiology, Bio-chemistry etc..). So no doubt, things were hectic at his household -- which he stated (especially when they are now out a family member and trusted babysitter).

Therefore, I respectfully ask all that have read this thread that they -- before jumping on the "This guy is a troll" bandwagon and labeling this person in a negative fashion -- please take a moment to objectively look at the facts involved. Also, put yourself in his position. Surely, things went wrong with this trade that seems to be out of control by both parties involved. It happens. From what is posted here, it does not appear that any scam was involved. Additionally, it looks like AMDdoolboooter is doing all he can to reconcile the situation. Most claims do take a while before any reimbursement is provided.

Anyway, I hope all this gets settled ASAP to both parties satisfaction. ALSO.. I hope that AMDdoolbooter's name is cleared and that there is no unjust prejudice associated with him in the future.

Normally I would not say anything. But after meeting this person face to face and spending time talking with him, I saw a very honest person that did not seem to have any intentions of cheating anyone out of money / or merchandise.

Just my two sense for what it is worth. Please note that I do not mean to attack anyone either nor exonerate anyone’s actions. All I am saying is that once in a while things go wrong in a trade that many times is out of the control of both parties. Then, if communication breaks down -- even in the slightest sense -- it makes thing worse. But cool heads prevail when this occurs (and when dealing with two honest traders). Therefore, let's all keep this in perspective and consider what you honestly would do if you were caught up in this situation.

Good luck to both parties in settling this dispute.

-- Hans
    An inquisitive mind, is a questionable thing.....

MY HEAT

I want to say hi to all the troll nazis around here and ask them to chill out......

I was very suprised when I saw this thread the day before because I've known about the situation from the very begining! I witnesed how hard Don was trying to get on hold of that guy and give him the money. I always wondered how can somebody not care about his money and thats not $20 but $238.......

The money WAS in an envelope, I've seen it and he's never touch it or think about keeping it even though, most people in the temporary situation that he is in, probably would!

Last I want to say that Don is an honest person and I've known him for awhile, I bought several items from him, all in perfect condition and with great price....

.....so, everyone if you are looking for a troll to rip a part, look ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later.

BTW I think someone owes an apologie to somebody.................
    Last edited by [BG]SitiZen; 10-27-2004 at 02:40 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...