yahoo search bar?

a long while back i got some spyware that put a blank search field in my task bar that let me search either google, yahoo, and 2 others i forgot. at any rate id like to find something like that that isnt spyware, so i dont have to go to yahoo or google to search everytime. anyone know of anything like that?

edit: and yes, all it did was redirect me to yahoo or google like i was searching normally. but it saves me from having to open IE myself
    Last edited by essenge; 10-15-2004 at 01:50 AM.

Re: yahoo search bar?

Here is the Yahoo: http://toolbar.yahoo.com/
    Here is the Google: http://www.toolbar.google.com/

no i dont want that friggin thing lol...

it goes in the task bar...the one that has the start button...and all it has is the search field, not all the wonderful tools that that one had.

thanks anyways tho.

Yeah, I'm also looking for the one with the thingy on the one side, and it has the box in it too!

J/K... I know it can be frustrating to help others and have them tell you that you didn't understand . I also know it can be frustrating to ask for help, and not get the item/answers you were looking for .

It is best to give as much information as possible.
    My Heatware

"The mechanic should sit down among levers, screws, wedges, wheels, etc., like a poet among letters of the alphabet, considering them as the exhibition of his thought, in which a new arrangment transmits a new idea to the world."
    Robert Fulton.

Quote Originally Posted by essenge
    no i dont want that friggin thing lol...

it goes in the task bar...the one that has the start button...and all it has is the search field, not all the wonderful tools that that one had.

thanks anyways tho.
    Hmmmm. It's hard to get through the sarcasm. It makes it kinda hard to decipher what you really want. You want a taskbar tool that only has the search box. Right? Wrong? And you want it to utilize several search engines? Right? Wrong? And you want it to pick the winning lottery ticket numbers? Right? Wrong?

Here's a link to a list of multi-search engine tools. Just as an experiment, I did install the Google Desktop toolbar. The last step of the process created a search box in the taskbar. You can use it to search your local system, or it can open a browser window and search the web. However it is only a single engine search tool.

Thanks,

100% AMD ROG gaming system, thanks to AMD.