Another Republikan resorts to vile campaign tactics

I am speechless over the vileness of this Senator...

http://www.terryandersonforohiosenat...essrelease.php

Padgett Uses Photo of Anderson Kidnapper in Attack Mailer

Opponent Sinks to New Low in Attack Politics Misusing Image of Hezbollah Captor to Imply Anderson Is Soft on Terrorism

Terry Anderson, Democratic candidate for the Ohio Senate 20th District, sharply criticized his opponent Sen. Joy Padgett for the new low in personal attacks she reached this week in her campaign. In a campaign brochure mailed across the Southeast Ohio district, Padgett and the Ohio Republican Party published a photo of Anderson confronting one of his kidnappers and implied that he is soft on terrorism.

“The man in this photo and his brothers were the ones who kidnapped me, chained me, blindfolded me, and beat me,” Anderson said in a statement at a debate in Marietta , Ohio on Wednesday night. “They held me for seven years. And I had the guts to go back to Lebanon to ask him why, and whether he could admit that was wrong.

“Now, my political opponent sinks so low as to use my former captor to try to get herself elected,” Anderson continued. “Some things are more important than politics and more important than winning at any cost.

The advertisement carries a photo of Anderson interviewing the secretary general of Hezbollah, leader of the pro-Iranian Islamic party in Lebanon, which was responsible for kidnapping him and holding him hostage for seven years. Anderson was the longest held American hostage in Beirut until he was finally released on December 4, 1991.

“I have spent 13 years trying not to hate, trying to learn to forgive [my captors], because I am a Christian, and I am required to do so,” Anderson said. “And my opponent wants you to believe that makes me soft on terrorism. She demeans my profession. She demeans my family's pain.”

“Ask my daughter how she felt not to have a father for seven years because he took one chance too many to tell the truth, to do his job,” he added.

Anderson said he has focused his campaign on the issues of jobs, education and health care.

“I have attacked my opponent's record,” he said. “I have attacked the failed policies of the inept Taft administration. I have never attacked her personally.”

Anderson looked at Padgett and said, “I have one word for you Senator: Shame.”

Anderson apologized to the League of Women Voters and the audience. He then said he will not appear again with Sen. Padgett.

“This is a new low in attack politics in Ohio , which cannot be condoned by any responsible person,” Anderson said. At the end of his statement, he walked out of the debate.

I guess there really isn't a low bar that republikans won't stoop under to win an election.
    George W. Bush <--- Al Qaeda's #1 Recruiter

GWB - "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!"
    On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    The only two things you ever need to know about GWB:
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

Re: Another Republikan resorts to vile campaign tactics

Man that's sick. On a par but probably even worse than what was done to Max Cleland. Maybe if Americans weren't such ignorant sheep, tactics like this wouldn't work and would even backfire.

It looks like GOP candidates will continue to use the "fear" card as long as it works. But isn't Terry simply running for State Senator? What in name of God does terrorism have to do with his job responsibilities? This country is getting laughable with its obsession with terrorism - as if there's a way to kill all the terroists.

My video "tribute" to Armed Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiles4
    Man that's sick. On a par but probably even worse than what was done to Max Cleland. Maybe if Americans weren't such ignorant sheep, tactics like this wouldn't work and would even backfire.

It looks like GOP candidates will continue to use the "fear" card as long as it works. But isn't Terry simply running for State Senator? What in name of God does terrorism have to do with his job responsibilities? This country is getting laughable with its obsession with terrorism - as if there's a way to kill all the terroists.
    He can vote to declare war, and isn't the senate split evenly between Demo/Repub? One vote would make a huge difference in that.
    Finding the clitoris? Is that like finding Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by edudlive
    He can vote to declare war, and isn't the senate split evenly between Demo/Repub? One vote would make a huge difference in that.
    No, Terry is running for an Ohio State Senate position, not one in our National Congress. But, regardless, still a vile vicious campaign tactic by his opponent.
    George W. Bush <--- Al Qaeda's #1 Recruiter

GWB - "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!"
    On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    The only two things you ever need to know about GWB:
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

That is pretty low for Padgett to misrepresent the situation. On a more positive note, I have to say that Andersons response is very classy!
    Derailing topics with varied sidetracks since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhvball
    No, Terry is running for an Ohio State Senate position, not one in our National Congress. But, regardless, still a vile vicious campaign tactic by his opponent.
    Oooops I misread.

Yeah what does he do for terrorism really?
    Finding the clitoris? Is that like finding Jesus?