Talking

I have a VisionTek GF2 GTS that has worked flawlessly until yesterday when I tried to upgrade NV drivers to the new 12.0 whql version.

Here's the problem, when the power saving option in windows turns off the monitor, my green light goes amber (like it should) and screen goes balnk. One second later, a monitor relay clicks and the light goes green again. Once second later relay clicks and goes amber again.... and on... and on... and on...

So I cleaned out the 12.0 driver and reinstalled my previous version (6.67) and now that version does the same thing.

I had to reinstall the original (5.32) drivers to get rid of the annoying problem.

I uninstalled the drivers from the control panel, I pruned the registry settings, I deleted all nv*.* files to no avail.

I know it's got to be a bad driver install because the 6.67 version used to work perfect. How can I fix this?
    I wanted the 12.0 version for DX8 support, but I'll settle for the 6.67 version.

HELP!!!

Anyone?

Bump...

Bump...

Bumpity Bump...

Still no replies? Does no one have any ideas?

Try reinstalling Win2k.
    My Visiontek GF2 GTS 32mb runs fine with the 12.00 drivers.
    Or try getting the 4.30 4-1 drivers from VIA
    Duron 600@1000
    Visiontek GeForce2 GTS 32mb 385/240
    Abit KT7A Raid, IBM 45GB 75GXP
    Volcano II cooler @ 55 degrees C
    Hercules Game Theater XP

Can't do he Win2k thing.

My system is to rock solid to switch the OS. I know it's a driver install error of some type, I just don't know how to fix the problem.

I'm already running VIA 4n1 4.31. I really didn't have any issues at all until I installed those Damn 12x drivers.

I'm really not having any issues with 5.32's either, but I would like to at least be able to run the Det. 3 drivers.

bump...

try uninstalling drivers in safe mode if you didn't already. Also type in inf in run command and open up others and delete any nvidia crap that you see. My elsa geforce 2 ultra runs great with the new beta 12.60 drivers. give that a shot

Go to "Geforce FAQ" web site, look under - SOFTWARE\TROUBLESHOOTING

When I resume from monitor power saving modes in Windows 9x, I get display corruption and / or instability problems. How can I fix it?

http://www.geforcefaq.com/
    Last edited by SSSYNTH; 06-06-2001 at 04:33 AM.