How to add a SATA drive without reinstalling windows....

In the past I've always installed windows fresh and needed a floppy to install the SATA hard drives. Now if Im already running a raid 0 setup with 2 sata HD's, then how would I go about adding a 3rd sata hd? Im not looking for a raid setup, im only using it for storage because my 2 36 gb raptors just arent enough for all my games and music.
    The only way I know how to do this is to reinstall windows but I know there has to be another way.

E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 4.05ghz
    eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    Western Digital 640gb SATA
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Re: How to add a SATA drive without reinstalling windows....

So you have the Raptors running on the VIA controller on the K8V? You won't have to reinstall to add a drive for storage. You may have to update the BIOS(1004+) to get Sata mode to work on the Promise controller other wise you will have to define an array. Well anywayS you have to enable the controller then install the Drivers after you have it setup all that's left is to Format the drive this can be done in DIsk Management. Right click My Computer then down to manage it will be in the Storage section, a new Drive Wizard should pop up if it does not then there should be unallocted space listed.

Quote Originally Posted by themortarman
    So you have the Raptors running on the VIA controller on the K8V? You won't have to reinstall to add a drive for storage. You may have to update the BIOS(1004+) to get Sata mode to work on the Promise controller other wise you will have to define an array. Well anywayS you have to enable the controller then install the Drivers after you have it setup all that's left is to Format the drive this can be done in DIsk Management. Right click My Computer then down to manage it will be in the Storage section, a new Drive Wizard should pop up if it does not then there should be unallocted space listed.
    So without the 1004 BIOS it wont let me install the drive without it being in an array?

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

You can but you will have to define a Single Drive array it's not that much trouble

Quote Originally Posted by themortarman
    You can but you will have to define a Single Drive array it's not that much trouble
    Oh ok.. thats no big deal then.. it doesnt really matter if its in a raid array or not. Thanks for the help!

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by AMD-T64
    Oh ok.. thats no big deal then.. it doesnt really matter if its in a raid array or not. Thanks for the help!
    What you have to do is define a Striped array with just one Drive in it.