Page 1 of 139 123451151101 ... LastLast

Wink Chaintech 24, a Place to Hang Your Chips

I thought I'd start a thread for a place to just shoot off with whatever you feel is on your mind. It don't have to be about CPU, PSU, RAM, DDR, AGP, HTT, FSB...you get the idea?

So, pull up a chip, I mean chair, and speak your mind. This isn't TLR, so be gentle, but we'll keep this open 24/7 just so you can post on whatever's on your mind.

I'll go first....not much on my mind, it's kinda small space anyway! I had a real hectic day. I'm leaving for San Jose for a week next Monday and trying to get odds & ends squared away at work and it was a nightmare. Just glad to be off work and away from the rat race!

There, it's easy, your turn.
    Last edited by UncleBob; 11-04-2004 at 09:43 AM.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Re: Chaintech 24, a Place to hang your chips

hope you have a great trip UncleBob!

just wanted to vent about how frustrated I am that Bush is back in office for 4 more years. He has nothing to lose now...if you thought the first 4 were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. I live in Ohio and I can assure you that this is a very split state about politics. so I just wanted to get that off of my chest, thanks for listening...reading, whatever.

I agree with the sentiment about Bush, the one thing I fear is most is the fact that several Supreme Court justices are about to retire, and truthfully I am scared to see what we will get. I also live in Ohio, and am very dissappointed that this state did not come through for Kerry, ah well... ONLY four more years.
    My Computer: E8400 @ 3.8ghz, Asus P5Q Pro, 4GB pc1066 Mushkin Ram, WD SATA 640GB, BFG OC+ gtx 285, PCP&C 610 Watt, On Board AC97 Sound, Samsung SATA DVD-RW
    Marshall University, Xbox Live: TWolf79, PSN: DH779, XFire: tituswolf, Steam ID: hd779
    Games I'm playing: COD: WAW (PC), TF2 (PC)
    Sharky Extreme 3DMark Team

Email: hendricks3@marshall.edu

San Jose, California?

well then i guess we all need a little party to take our minds off things. you have to admit no more political commercials is a good thing.

ud

Yes, San Jose, CA. I think I'm in the Crowne Plaza, sheesh I guess I better check before I fly off Monday morning, huh?

Yes.....I definitely am extremely disappointed in the Pres results. I never wanted Cheeney (I mean Bush) in the first place. WA went to Kerry, but I'll do my best to advice with it. Know what I really feel?

Politics begins at home. If you don't have a strong, solid home life, neighborhood and circle of friends it really doesn't matter who the heck is in the White House!

On a local note? We voted down more peapikkin taxes. Sheesh...we now pay .085, just about the highest in the nation. We also voted down to have slot machines everywhere. Both things I was glad to see happen.

Grin and bear it, Bush is here to stay. If you have family/friends in Iraq or Afghanistan? I really feel for you. Tell them we support them and hope they hunker down! This isn't going to end anytime soon, I'm afraid!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

my cousin is being sent over to Iraq.....again. This will be his 4th time over in that area. First was over in Afghanistan, the other two were in Iraq. I told him ill be sending him a lil care package since he'll be over there for a whole year this time.

On another note, im finally almost done with college, just this term and next term and im out. Drexel and its 5-year coop programs...wow...feel live ive been here forever...I feel old seeing all the freshmen walkin around campus for the first time.....eh

peace out cub scout

-Vi
    Athlon64 (Game Box)
    2800+ @ 2.6GHz (9x290)
    Chaintech VNF3-250
    1GB PQI 3200 TURBO (Samsung TCCD)
    6800NU 16x1 6 @ 375/850
    Custom Water Cooled

Intel P4 (Workstation)
    2.8C @ 3.4GHz (14x243)
    Abit IC7-MAX3
    1GB Corsair XMS 3700 TWINX (Samsung TCCC)
    9800SE Softmodded Pro @ 410MHz/362MHz
    Custom Water Cooled

What branch is your cousin in? My step son served in the 82nd Airborne. He got out just before they shipped off to Afghanistan. We breathed a sigh of releif!

Spoiler!

Well, he was in the Army Rangers for 4 years. He went over 3 times with them. After his 4 year commitment was up, he got wind that they were getting recalled, so he joined the Army Reserve in hopes that he wouldnt be recalled. He got recalled, but not as a Ranger this time. I think he said he'll be sorting mail somewhere in Kuwait. So completely different setting than the front lines of Iraq, tagging buildings for 'percision smart bombs'.

-Vi
    Athlon64 (Game Box)
    2800+ @ 2.6GHz (9x290)
    Chaintech VNF3-250
    1GB PQI 3200 TURBO (Samsung TCCD)
    6800NU 16x1 6 @ 375/850
    Custom Water Cooled

Intel P4 (Workstation)
    2.8C @ 3.4GHz (14x243)
    Abit IC7-MAX3
    1GB Corsair XMS 3700 TWINX (Samsung TCCC)
    9800SE Softmodded Pro @ 410MHz/362MHz
    Custom Water Cooled

Yeah, I've got a cousin over there, airborne division dunno which though. My gf's cousin's husband is over there whom just had twin sons weeks before being shipped out. She's also got an old friend of hers from work over their as well. I'd like to think it'd end soon, but is highly unlikely.

You,re probably right! I'll keep all our men & women in my thoughts & prayers. One good friend's son recently returned after his 4 years in the 102nd Airborne after almost 3 years in Afghanistan/Iraq/Kuait and he said imphatically: "We should be there!" Not a dumb snot nosed kid sither, well maybe kinda before the Army got ahold of him!

Anywhooo.....Good morning all. It's my Friday! No more work (work) till I head out Monday morning to San Jose. Howz everybody doin?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by ViruX
    my cousin is being sent over to Iraq.....again. This will be his 4th time over in that area. First was over in Afghanistan, the other two were in Iraq. I told him ill be sending him a lil care package since he'll be over there for a whole year this time.

On another note, im finally almost done with college, just this term and next term and im out. Drexel and its 5-year coop programs...wow...feel live ive been here forever...I feel old seeing all the freshmen walkin around campus for the first time.....eh

peace out cub scout

-Vi
    pop him a lappy,panasonic if u can aford good in the desert or any other harsh place,given that u get the military model .

bob,dude,have fun and dun furget to pop us some pics of the ladies over there ^^

I'm glad Bush won, and that's that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pedinski_s
    I'm glad Bush won, and that's that. lol
    RIght on!

Spoiler!

My american friend just told me how the voting works... is it true that you all vote and your regional representative (I forgot what he said) decides to go with the most amount of votes that state has come up with, but he can choose whoever he wants if he wants to, so if 99% vote kerry, and 1% vote bush, but the regional rep thinks bush is better he'll vote for him?
    If that's true that's up. You've got no say in who wins then. That's BS.
    Cheers