Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Re: Chaintech 24, a Place to hang your chips

bushists :P
    hopefully not many wars shalt be started...soemoen bring back clinton,scandals 24/7 but less blood shed..
    now back to chaintech mobos,how much white stuff have u folks found under teh chipset cooler of teh znf/vnf??? ive seen from overdone to a tiny bit,not as little as in raptor's exemple but still.
    thnks

"My american friend just told me how the voting works... is it true that you all vote and your regional representative (I forgot what he said) decides to go with the most amount of votes that state has come up with, but he can choose whoever he wants if he wants to, so if 99% vote kerry, and 1% vote bush, but the regional rep thinks bush is better he'll vote for him?
    If that's true that's up. You've got no say in who wins then. That's BS.
    Cheers"

no, thats not true, i read an article about how it works a couple of weeks ago but what you said IS NOT how it works lol.
    Last edited by pedinski_s; 11-04-2004 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    bob,dude,have fun and dun furget to pop us some pics of the ladies over there ^^
    I grew up in SoCal, believe me, ya just can't beat Calif girls!....Hey, wasn't there a song about that somewhere? But San Jose? I'm not so sure....I mean it's Silicon Valley. Valley Girls and silicon....not a good combination!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Quote Originally Posted by pedinski_s
    no, thats not true, i read an article about how it works a couple of weeks ago but what you said IS NOT how it works lol.
    You are right, that's not how it works!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

bushists :P
    hopefully not many wars shalt be started...soemoen bring back clinton,scandals 24/7 but less blood shed..
    now back to chaintech mobos,how much white stuff have u folks found under teh chipset cooler of teh znf/vnf??? ive seen from overdone to a tiny bit,not as little as in raptor's exemple but still.
    thnks
    I remember several 7NJS boards awhile back when they first came out....had none! THe chipset cooler was warped as all getout to boot! My ZNF 150/250 and VNF 250 have all had adequate paste, however. I check all mobos as a matter course before I install it in a case. Some ASUS I've had recently had a pad that was real cheap. Hard as heck to scrape off as well!

Spoiler!

Re: Chaintech 24, a Place to Hang Your Chips

interesting.make sure to use googone on that crap,and clean with alcohol afterwards.its just so much easier.b4 id scrape liek nutz,now a coupe lpasses (ok,maybe let the googone soften up that crap for a coupel seconds )
    thnks

ps cali girls the best?..mm....gotta take a trip down there :P

interesting.make sure to use googone on that crap,and clean with alcohol afterwards.its just so much easier.b4 id scrape liek nutz,now a coupe lpasses (ok,maybe let the googone soften up that crap for a coupel seconds )
    thnks

ps cali girls the best?..mm....gotta take a trip down there :P
    I use acetone on the chip cooler and something less harsh on the chip itself, don't want to remove the writing, LOL!

The Beach Boys sang that.....and in the 60's Cal girls were the best. Not so sure now, I'll be happy to report back!

Spoiler!

ive lapped the chipset on my other shuttles recently,and googone can be applied liek crazy but never remove any writing that easily...u gotta scrub for a week in order to do that.its very good for it eliminates that crap down to the very last,invisible traces if i may.alcohol shall clean any leftover impurity.tis teh only one i really trust,use it whenever tis permited.
    thnks

ps do report back,pop us a video of em drunken ones :P

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    I remember several 7NJS boards awhile back when they first came out....had none! THe chipset cooler was warped as all getout to boot! My ZNF 150/250 and VNF 250 have all had adequate paste, however. I check all mobos as a matter course before I install it in a case. Some ASUS I've had recently had a pad that was real cheap. Hard as heck to scrape off as well!
    just pulled the nb cooler on my 7njs and it was clean, not anymore.

ud

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Anywhooo.....Good morning all. It's my Friday! No more work (work) till I head out Monday morning to San Jose. Howz everybody doin?
    why don't you share with the class the picture of you working in front of the controll center?

ud

decides to go with the most amount of votes that state has come up with, but he can choose whoever he wants if he wants to, so if 99% vote kerry, and 1% vote bush, but the regional rep thinks bush is better he'll vote for him?
    Sort of, yes.

We don't actually vote for the President, we vote for what are called Electors. These Electors then go to what is called the Electoral College and yes they can choose who they want. So a "Bush" elector can, indeed, decide to cast his vote for Kerry, and vice versa. Many states impose penalties for Electors that go against their originally "pledged" vote, but they are usually relatively small, such as $1000.

So you did get the gist of how the election works in America, you were just a little hazy on the details. Anyone that tells you "No, we vote directly for the President" didn't pay attention in History/Civics/US Govt. class.

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts
    why don't you share with the class the picture of you working in front of the controll center?

ud
    I can't find it at work, I'll rummage around at home. A keeper like that can't get thrown away!

Spoiler!

What's the deal with the white stuff under the chipset cooler? Chaintech not putting enough on or something? What can I say, my VNF has worked perfect since day 1 so I don't make it down to the Chaintech forums as much as I should .

Btw, I'm only slighlier happier Bush won. The Dems would have had this election had they not run a dead fish though. I voted for Badnarik nonetheless.
    Beware liberals with guns.

San Jose, odd place for a vacation I guess. Well, if you have a car it's only 1 hour drive to San Francisco, one of the top tourist destinations in the world. I think the weather will be better by Monday, it's been raining a lot the last couple of days. If you need any tourist suggestions for the San Francisco area, just ask me. Don't know as much about San Jose, but over the montains to Santa Cruz on the coast is nice.
    PS The Beach Boys were talking about Southern California girls, so that's where you should go if that's what you wanna see. Go in summer and hit the beaches from LA down to San Diego and you'll see what they were talking about.
    Last edited by faroukabad; 11-04-2004 at 04:23 PM.

That's great another bar!
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro