Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Re: Chaintech 24, a Place to Hang Your Chips

Quote Originally Posted by faroukabad
    San Jose, odd place for a vacation I guess. Well, if you have a car it's only 1 hour drive to San Francisco, one of the top tourist destinations in the world. I think the weather will be better by Monday, it's been raining a lot the last couple of days. If you need any tourist suggestions for the San Francisco area, just ask me. Don't know as much about San Jose, but over the montains to Santa Cruz on the coast is nice.
    PS The Beach Boys were talking about Southern California girls, so that's where you should go if that's what you wanna see. Go in summer and hit the beaches from LA down to San Diego and you'll see what they were talking about.
    No, I'm going to Perkin Elmer for a Total Chrom Principles of Operation class. Believe me, San Hose ain't a destination. I'll have a car and on Friday I plan to go to the Steinhart Aquarium. It's in Golden Gate Park and I've wanted to go there forever!

I grew up in Palos Verdes. Got there in 1953 (on a covered wagon, I know!) and left in 69 (the Summer of Love ). I spent lots of time in Torrance, Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan, Venice beaches just to name a few. I passed out listening to lots of Beach Boys songs. Pet Sounds was a great album.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

there were no covered wagons then! i remember! plus you would have still been in plastic training pants. come to think of it, that still could have been the wild west. have they minted any west coast state quarters yet?

ud

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts
    there were no covered wagons then! i remember! plus you would have still been in plastic training pants. come to think of it, that still could have been the wild west. have they minted any west coast state quarters yet?

ud

This ain't at work (wish it was!) a poor camera phone pic of yours truly and 2 sports stars. Any guess who's the others?
    Last edited by UncleBob; 11-04-2004 at 10:45 PM.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Re: Chaintech 24, a Place to hang your chips

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    I can't find it at work, I'll rummage around at home. A keeper like that can't get thrown away!

Spoiler!

I have two brothers who've served in Iraq, one is going back in December. I guess I was hoping Kerry would get into office so my brother didn't have to go back. Blood for Oil. If we spent half the money on an alternative fuel source as we have on this war we would be much better off. I have a friend who's currently in Iraq, will be for another year, he keeps me well informed as to what's going on over there. It's a shame we're still there, I guess 1100 bodies weren't enough.

Looks kinda like Rick Foxx, but it's too fuzzy. Hey, U.B., did you hear about that solo album that Brian Wilson did around the same time as Pet Shop sounds but never released until now? I heard some of it on the radio, it's pretty good. He had the same guy doing the lyrics, metaphoric hippie stuff but stilll really nice.

Yes I'd heard it, like taking a lond ride in the "Way Back" machine!

Their initials are DJ & BW. They didn't make the big show.

Spoiler!

Morninall...I'm off to have a Nuclear Cardiological Treadmill test. I'm sure I'll just be glowing when I return.....3 1/2 hours to find I'm just heartless anyway!

Spoiler!

To all the non-amricans wondering about our electoral prosses for the prez its like this. Every state has 2 representitives to start. Then there are 438 representitives that are assiened by population value (i.e texas has 32 and ohio has 20 because of ohios smaller population as compaored to texas). 38 states have rules in their consitiutions that say if the popular vote has a majority for one canidite then ALL representitive from that sate have to vote in line with that. Only some of the samller less crutial sates have other chartes (like main whom can split theirs even with the populare vote).
    I personaly think that the system is a little out dated and subject to abuse, but it works for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Their initials are DJ & BW. They didn't make the big show.
    Derek & Bernie....they work for George

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsus_Freak
    To all the non-amricans wondering about our electoral prosses for the prez its like this. Every state has 2 representitives to start. Then there are 438 representitives that are assiened by population value (i.e texas has 32 and ohio has 20 because of ohios smaller population as compaored to texas). 38 states have rules in their consitiutions that say if the popular vote has a majority for one canidite then ALL representitive from that sate have to vote in line with that. Only some of the samller less crutial sates have other chartes (like main whom can split theirs even with the populare vote).
    I personaly think that the system is a little out dated and subject to abuse, but it works for the most part.
    Thanks for the explanation, guess my american friend doesnt know much about american politics, even though he left the USA about 12 months ago.

the one on the left is Jeter. i don't keep up on baseball much, so i don't know who the other dude is. cool stuff.
    dfi nf3-250
    a64 3200 hammer @250x10
    twinmos sp 3200 2x512 10-2-2-2
    sapphire x800pro vivo
    powerstream 600
    proc, nb, vc watercooled dd blocks

all overclocks subject to change without notice!

Quote Originally Posted by silentbob
    the one on the left is Jeter. i don't keep up on baseball much, so i don't know who the other dude is. cool stuff.
    Yes, the other one is Bernie Williams. Actually? They were both really nice fellas. It's in the dungeon of the Safeco Field in Seattle. A friend of mine is great friends with Jeters agent, only way a low life like me got in there with security so tight! I was kinda amazed. I wanted to think he / they were a bunch of stuckup snooty punks, no way was that the truth!

Spoiler!

has anyone else noticed that the signatures have been randomly posting and not posting? or is it just me? <confused>

-Vi
    Athlon64 (Game Box)
    2800+ @ 2.6GHz (9x290)
    Chaintech VNF3-250
    1GB PQI 3200 TURBO (Samsung TCCD)
    6800NU 16x1 6 @ 375/850
    Custom Water Cooled

Intel P4 (Workstation)
    2.8C @ 3.4GHz (14x243)
    Abit IC7-MAX3
    1GB Corsair XMS 3700 TWINX (Samsung TCCC)
    9800SE Softmodded Pro @ 410MHz/362MHz
    Custom Water Cooled

Quote Originally Posted by ViruX
    has anyone else noticed that the signatures have been randomly posting and not posting? or is it just me? <confused>

-Vi
    Your signature displays once per thread page
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro