Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Angry Anybody see markings burned into HSF?

Another thing that I noticed with my current CPU (looks like http://www.rickrope.com/t-bird.jpg) is that upon removing my Taisol copper bottom HSF (lapped it with 2000 grit to a mirror & applied THIN coat of Arctic Silver II) is that the die marking/writing gets burned into my copper bottom - I can read it in a mirror!

Is this a common occurance? Or could this be yet another indication that I indeed have a remarked CPU?

Damn, I just wanted what I paid for : 1.33 that runs like a 1.33 but not like a 1GHz running at 1.33!

I have emailed BZBOYS (who swear they don't sell remared parts - and maybe they were swindled! They are listed as a Premier AMD partner) both at their RMA page and to BZBOY directly asking that they just replace it with an acceptable CPU. I guess if they won't do that I will just take a horrible loss for myself and my project and order it somewhere else.

I bought a lemon from BZBOYZ, too. Look below and you'll see that my AXIA0111 is running at 65C - looks just like the picture above. I've had it almost two weeks, and haven't been able to cool it. I won't say it's a fake, but it isn't very stable - even at 1.333Ghz. I do feel cheated, and I will be calling BZBOYS!
    Windows 2000
    VisionTek GeForce3 (235/538, det12.60)
    1.33Ghz Athlon (56C)
    AXIA0111
    Y????????
    512meg PC133 (CM654S512LP-133CX2)
    ASUS A7A266 (Rev1.03) BIOS 1.006.001

Ok fellas. Who wants to file a class action lawsuit against BzBoyz with me? We need a list of people who is willing to file with me.

We could threaten to sue them and hopefully they will say they'll refund our chips at the same price we bought them. I'm not letting them screw me.

Or we can contact the better business bureau and see what we can do...
    Voodoo3 3500 16 meg card
    20.4 gigs Seagate 7200 rpm ATA/66
    52X Delta CD-ROM ide
    Sony 12x/10x/32x CD-RW
    SBLive! Value Sound Card
    2x 120 mm YS Tech Case fans (131.6 cfm each)

Im with you.. I wanna send my chip back to them, but then i would have no chip.. Should i Dispute the charge to my credit card....
    -=Keep it Real Detroit=-
    -=Safe2Dance=-
    GetFunk
    /__________System__________\
    SFF POWER!
    Shuttle SN95G5v2
    A64 3000+ Winny @ 2.52g
    HTT 280x4
    2x512 Corsair PC4400C25 280 HTT 1:1
    BFG 6800GT OC (402/1150)
    Maxtor 200G SATA HD
    \__________________________/

http://media.xfire.com/content/xfire_710x43.gif
    http://www.xfire.com/xf/lawsuit.php

I would like to prove one of two things:
    a. This chip is a fake
    b. This batch is bad

Seeing as how there are other A1333 AXIA0111 on the web without this heat problem, and others here in this thread have different week chips: I tend to lean toward a!

Still have to prove this though. Need the assistance of AMD for this I think.
    Windows 2000
    1.33Ghz Athlon (56C)
    AXIA0111
    Y????????

Yeah I was looking into the bbb they are listed as a memeber of the bbb. I was going to file a complaint but wanted to be sure that my chip was a remark first. i dont want to be a moron hehe. mine does look exactly the same as the rickrope link.

Unhappy BZBOYZ

Hi all! This is a first post for me, seeing as I have just assembled my own brand new (day old) A7M266 system w/ a new 1.33GHz AXIA Y from BZBOYZ. After reading some of the posts on this thread, I've acquired a rather sick feeling in my stomach about the prospect of my CPU being a fake.

I was wondering, has anyone had any success getting BZBOYZ to admit that they were selling ("accidentally" or otherwise) remarked CPUs? I'm going to look at mine tonight to see if I've been hosed. If so, they'll definitely get words from me. Has anyone else had luck dealing with them on this issue?

....geez, I'm not feeling very lucky right now, I guess.

Well the email i sent to them they never admitted it.

Could everyone post the details on the chip they bought from BZBOYZ? Mainly: stepping, week#, load temp at stock frequency, and what motherboard your using. It might help us diagnose the problem as being BZBOYZ or not. In addition to the information below, my chip does look exactly like the picture above in this thread. I haven't tried to unlock it - it is locked. I'm using an OCZ Gladiator Silver w/ Arctic Silver II and my case is open -- don't you think the chip should be running cooler?
    Last edited by bitRAKE; 05-31-2001 at 05:39 PM.
    Windows 2000
    1.33Ghz Athlon (56C)
    AXIA0111
    Y????????

Re: Anybody see markings burned into HSF?

Originally posted by i_m_weasel
    Another thing that I noticed with my current CPU (looks like http://www.rickrope.com/t-bird.jpg) is that upon removing my Taisol copper bottom HSF (lapped it with 2000 grit to a mirror & applied THIN coat of Arctic Silver II) is that the die marking/writing gets burned into my copper bottom - I can read it in a mirror!

Is this a common occurance? Or could this be yet another indication that I indeed have a remarked CPU?

It a common occurance - every h/s I've ever used (four) on every Athlon (three) does that.

M

Angry

Well, they have BOTH my money and my cpu. I only emailed them once to see if they got my RMA. I called the BzBoyz.com today, and this korean lady picked it up, she was hard to understand. I asked about the cpu, and she mumbled something about being on holiday for the 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, and 29th. I could not understand what was going on, so I said thanks, and hung up. One of my friend thinks she was using that as a defense or something, but I don't know.

The first time I got my CPU from BzBoyz.com, it booted up fine with my KT7A Raid. It booted up at 600 mhz. When I set the multiplier to 10 x 133 which would be 1.33 ghz in BIOS, and then rebooted, it stopped working at all. I checked to see if the core was crushed or if the HSF was mounted improperly but everything looked fine, the cpu was just dead.

There can only be three things wrong here, the mobo itself, the psu, or the cpu. I have eliminated 2 of the 3 and I believe it's the former, the cpu itself.

In fact, I even took out the dead CPU, and then put in my old cpu that I was using before I bought the 1.33 ghz from the dreaded BzBoyz. The old cpu is 650 mhz Duron. I stuck the cpu in and then the HSF, and the Duron works just fine. I adjusted the multiplier values so it would run at exactly 650 mhz Duron and it was stable, no problems at all. I even overclocked the Duron to 800 mhz, and it was perfectly stable. It got through post, Windows 2000, the whole thing. It was stable...

I did everything I could to try to get the 1.33 ghz working. I even took it to a computer place and had the tech there try it on his mobo which supports 1.33 ghz. He wasted a bit of Artic Silver II on the dead cpu and stuck it on his board. It never posted, it was just dead. Fans are spinning, but just dead. I have taken it to be analyzed by 3 or 4 competent techs with A+ certifications and they all said it was a dead chip.

Basically, I just emailed BzBoyz about my problem and several days later, got my RMA number. Well, being that I wanted the problem resolved quickly, I mailed it monday Express style, that's 15 bucks. I wanted my CPU really bad. I have been without my computer for 1 month and a week or two give or take a week. It's been a while for me, and now the Athlon 1.4 ghz is out. I really want my money back and I don't want to order anything from BzBoyz.com again. I think I will find a local computer shop around here that will sell a 1.4 ghz Athlon chip. At least this way, if I have problems, I won't have to ship it back and forth, and I could always confront the store if there were to be any problems, not physically mind you, but just walk right up to them, talk to them and find out what's going on.

I hate getting screwed like that and I don't wanna get screwed, I think I will wait a few more days and see what happens. If they charge me 15 percent restocking fee or something like that, I'm going to tell them to shove it. Besides, you don't put a dead cpu back in stock, unless you're gonna try to scam somebody.
    Voodoo3 3500 16 meg card
    20.4 gigs Seagate 7200 rpm ATA/66
    52X Delta CD-ROM ide
    Sony 12x/10x/32x CD-RW
    SBLive! Value Sound Card
    2x 120 mm YS Tech Case fans (131.6 cfm each)

If this helps, my chip is a 1.33g (266) AVIA y... or myabe AVIO.. It runs fine i think at 1.33, but cant o.c it at all.. I mean at ALL... I have tried everything i could think of... still no go. My chip where it says "Assembled in bla bla" the "E" in assEmbled is a defferent color, and its locked.... Hmmmm.. time to call the credit card company till this is resolved.... Oh my temps are great.. i mean 35c norm, and 39 full load... Thats what the Ali Moniter says.. Whats your guys Defualt volts, Mine is 1.79... I think this is a remarked 1gig.... hmmmmm....
    -=Keep it Real Detroit=-
    -=Safe2Dance=-
    GetFunk
    /__________System__________\
    SFF POWER!
    Shuttle SN95G5v2
    A64 3000+ Winny @ 2.52g
    HTT 280x4
    2x512 Corsair PC4400C25 280 HTT 1:1
    BFG 6800GT OC (402/1150)
    Maxtor 200G SATA HD
    \__________________________/

http://media.xfire.com/content/xfire_710x43.gif
    http://www.xfire.com/xf/lawsuit.php

I called them again today and they swear they know nothing about this and it's the first they have heard about it? Anyways I explained to them in full what was happening and they agreed that they would replace the chip. I told they it was to late I've already bought a chip that is running within spec. looks right and that the chip they sold me was on the way back to them with the total price they owed me. I also explained to them that I have already stopped payment on the credit card for the amount I had specified. I'll se what happens in the next couple days i guess. Anyways guys keep calling a bitching about the temps and the possible re-markings. This chip "MIGHT NOT" be re-marked but my new one sure looks a whole lot prettier

TBird 1.33 AXIA
    ASUS A7A266
    Windows 2000 Professional
    Huge Generic Case Full of Fans
    512MB MICRON PC2100 266MHZ DDR MEMORY
    Two IBM ATA/100 30GB Drives
    Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u
    C.L.A.P.
    SoundBlaster X-Gamer Live! 5.1
    Netgear FA310tx
    Adaptec 2940U2W
    Plextor UltraPlex40
    Plextor PlexWriter 12x4x32

So what are they going to refund you the whole amount because they still wont with me. but if they do it with one person then hell they have to do it will all of us who want a refund for these chips.

meridian..

i've had the same burn in on my legit 1 gig axia -266 and 1 gig blue core 200..don't think that's a remarking attribute.