Resolved [resolved] CPU cooler reviews

i dont know what the person's username on the forums is, but the author of the swiftech CPU cooler accidentally put Sunon Tornado, when i believe it should be Vantec Tornado.. bugged me a bit, and noticed it before.

if im wrong or if this is inappropriate the please feel free to kill this thread. im only making it because i dont know who to pm.

otherwise: great review! i would like to see some tests in a case so we get a feel for normal operating temperatures, but thats a pain to do to set it all up

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: CPU cooler reviews

i fired off a PM to the reviewer asking for clarification. thanks for posting.
    hmm...

Re: [researching] CPU cooler reviews

Hello Activate,

No, not a mistake - the 80mm "Tornado" fan is actually made by Sunon - I even gave the part number in the review... This particular Tornado was sold by PC Toys. Vantec also sells their own line of Tornado fans, which I also use. If you peel off the seller's label on the bottom of the fan you will most times see the manufacturers label - in this case Sunon!

RoboTech

Re: [researching] CPU cooler reviews

okay, because im pretty sure that most people who use the tornado are usually referring to the vantec one.. thats why i mentioned it. thanks for the reply

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: [resolved] CPU cooler reviews

Vantec, PC Toys, etc. are resellers who put their labels on OEM (Sunon, Delta, etc.) fans. Like this...

Removing the resellers label from the back of the fan reveals the actual Sunon label...

I added an update to the review BTW for clarification - thanks!