Question Enermax EG-425P VE SFMA 2.0

Hi guys ,

just bought the subject Enermax Noicetaker psu for the upgrade of my computer with a new Gigabyte GA-7N400-L board and an AMD XP 2600+. Do you guys know if the above Enermax should come with a 24P to 20P main connector adaptor or not? I just found out that when I unwrapped the PSU package and found that it is a 20P+4P main connector.

Or, would detaching the 4P from the 20P connector would be fine for my board? If not, where would such adaptor be available?

Thanks
    Last edited by mazinkaiser; 11-17-2004 at 08:12 PM.

Re: Enermax EG-425P VE SFMA 2.0

There should be an adaptor inside the small white box. The top of that box should say what's included & what's not.

Hi clarence,

Thanks for your reply. What I found in the white box is two power cords, a sticker and a small bag of screws. That's all. That's why I'm asking you guys if there should be an adaptor inside if any of you bought the same psu unit.

The main connector is a 20+4P connector. That is, the extra 4P connector can be detached from the 20P as shown in its manual but didn't say anything about if it is supposed to work that way for a 20P mobo. Does that mean I could just detach the 4P and plug in the 20P to the mobo? I guess I have to match the diagrams between the manual of the psu and my mobo pin by pin to see if I'm supposed to plug in that way. Don't wanna fry anything...

I sent an email to the agent of Enermax, Maxpoint, over here asking the same question and no answer is received yet (it is just 0905 over here right now).
    Last edited by mazinkaiser; 11-17-2004 at 08:14 PM.

The lid of the small white box should tell u what's inside included (at least it's on mine). I think they've made a mistake when packing it.

Well, got an answer from Enermax Taiwan (not from Maxpoint Hongkong ): The 20+4P connector is meant to provide the flexibility for both older 20P mobo and newer Intel 24P mobo. Just detach the extra 4P connector would be fine.

Logically, that's what I thought in the first place but just being risk adverse myself!

Thanks very much for your help, clarence!