Thread: What voltage???

What voltage???

Hi guys, I am a little confused. I got my Athlon64 processor a week ago and installed it to a A8V Deluxe MB. I first used 1007 bios and the temps were high, it also said that it was running at 1.53v. I have now flashed to the 1008.003 bios and the temps are good but the Vcore is now at 1.456v! WTF???? What is it supposed to be at? I thought it was supposed to be at 1.53v but it now is defaulted to 1.456v and my temps are a lot better. please let me know. Thanks!

Re: What voltage???

Is your CPU a winchester or newcastle?

I don't know if it is the new .90nm one. I don't think so as they just started to come into Canada. What are the voltages supposed to be for both? I think it is one of the older ones because this MB originally came with the 1006 bios and the .90nm only operates on 1007 bios and above.

1.5v is stock for the newcastles (130nm), 1.4v is stock for the winchester.

The ONLY way a BIOS update will change the ACTUAL (not just reported) temp is by changing the speed or voltage of the CPU. Looks like the new BIOS you got is undervolting the chip and possibly reporting temps differently.

Quote Originally Posted by oralpain
    1.5v is stock for the newcastles (130nm), 1.4v is stock for the winchester.

The ONLY way a BIOS update will change the ACTUAL (not just reported) temp is by changing the speed or voltage of the CPU. Looks like the new BIOS you got is undervolting the chip and possibly reporting temps differently.
    If that is so, then the system would be unstable running at stock speeds undervoltage. Is there any way of telling what type of processor I have?

Cpuz will tell you what cpu you have and the voltage its using.
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php