Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: The Political Compass Revision Thread 12/03/04

Is this something like what you had in mind Justin?

Last edited by smoked trout; 09-01-2005 at 09:32 AM.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

For posterity:

Economic Left/Right: -3.12*
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

*nota bene: I'm still forming my concepts of what socio-economic controls I feel are best, and for what countries. Hence, my "flip-flopping" (and by that, I mean shifting) left-right scheme. My up-down dichotomy continues to shift downward. Personally, I feel that there should free trade with a few, certain, limited caps set by the government. I'm not really all that economically conservative, but my libertarian ideals tend to skew this test.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    For posterity:

Economic Left/Right: -3.12*
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

*nota bene: I'm still forming my concepts of what socio-economic controls I feel are best, and for what countries. Hence, my "flip-flopping" (and by that, I mean shifting) left-right scheme. My up-down dichotomy continues to shift downward. Personally, I feel that there should free trade with a few, certain, limited caps set by the government. I'm not really all that economically conservative, but my libertarian ideals tend to skew this test.
    Before ya know if Orangutan, you'll be a proud neo-con!

I am confused by your last statement though: Do you mean just "socially libertarian", or Libertarian libertarian? Cause if you mean the latter, then your economic views, even moderated as they are, are still WAY off.

My political compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Economic Left/Right: -1.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10

It doesn't seem like a very good test to me, though... a lot of the questions seem far to general or vague

Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout
    Is this something like what you had in mind Justin?

You guys are a bunch of filthy flip-floppers!

Exellent idea Smoked Trout

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Revision 12/04:
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: 0.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

Looks like I'm a Republicrat

Here's the old test
    Old Test:
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -1.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Graph is up to date, you can add a link to it in your first post if you'd like Justin.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Nice graph...its interesting. Wait till Andrew looks at the site and sees how close he and Kerry are on the graph. I bet hell be back on cigarettes pronto.

Also if some of these guys slide any further to the left...there gonna slide right into some government run aquarium where they dont even have to get up to eat
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-04-2004 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    Before ya know if Orangutan, you'll be a proud neo-con!

I am confused by your last statement though: Do you mean just "socially libertarian", or Libertarian libertarian? Cause if you mean the latter, then your economic views, even moderated as they are, are still WAY off.
    He voted for Badnarik, so I'm guessing he means the Libertarian party.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-04-2004 at 08:42 PM.
    Finding the clitoris? Is that like finding Jesus?

New siggy I see^^

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    New siggy I see^^
    Yes, I knew I was going to lose to Vic so I picked up on the Mr. Burns picture. (Burns picture deleted as of this posting)

EDIT: Jimz why the hell did you put a hippy in my post, I'm wayyyy too young to be a hippy

Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-04-2004 at 08:36 PM.

Wait till Andrew looks at the site and sees how close he and Kerry are on the graph. I bet hell be back on cigarettes pronto.

But that is a Ghandi hippy. I figured his politics were close to yours.

Edit. I changed it to someone I know you admire.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-04-2004 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    But that is a Ghandi hippy. I figured his politics were close to yours.

Edit. I changed it to someone I know you admire.
    Oh yes, William Buckey is my hero and the National Review is my Bible

Yeah, I am pretty close to Ghandi on the chart.