Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ebay problems???

hi

having a problem with ebay, paypal. i sold a guy one of my motherboards-gig ga-7vt600 1394, and thought everything went okay, got my money and he received the board. he paid with a credit card. now i get a message from paypal that the item was purchased with an un-authorized credit card, and they want to do a charge-back on me. wow- i don,t have my motherboard and paypal is making me pay for someone using an unautorized card. this is great- i am the one being punished, charging me for the purchase price- and i don,t have my motherboard anymore. they wanted a tracking #, so i sent one to them , and the case is being reviewed. . if i am applied the charge-back for someones eles thiefvery, this does not make me think highlly of ebay.
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Re: ebay problems???

That really sucks dude, I guess that is why I stay away from egay.
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=21074 80-0-0

HTPC Rig: E3300 @ 3.5 GHz | Foxconn Blackops x48 | 8GB Kingston HyperX | 1TB WD Blue | Seasonic X560 | Corsair 650D | Sapphire 4870 1GB | Samsung 50" Plasma | HD280 Pro

Gaming Rig: 2500K | Noctua NH D14 | Asrock Extreme4 P67 | 8GB Gskill | 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT02B | EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB | Dell U3011 | Edifier s5.1

They don't give a crap as long as they get the money.

They promote card theft by doing this.
    Biostar TP67XE
    Intel 2500K
    Intel BXXTS100H CPU Cooler
    4-4GB Kinston HyperX 1600's
    2-300Gb Raptor's Raid 0
    XFX 450W pro
    2-Evga GTX460 in SLI
    Couger Evolution case
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit

Sentay 700W Rock "Died after 3 hours of furmark burn in"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=20035

they will ask for proof of "digital" signature.some q m foker bought a lappy from me,for whatever reason it didint smell right from the beginning..anyway..a couple weeks later i receive the "call" and the mula off went from my account..couldnt do nothing about it..paypal policy

it looks a bit like this..

Transaction Details

eBay Payment Received (ID # 2UM6411780886350X)

Total Amount:

$405.00 USD
    Fee Amount:

-$12.05 USD
    Net Amount:

$392.95 USD
    Date:

Jul. 2, 2004
    Time:

08:56:02 PDT

Reversed

Item #
    Item Title
    Qty
    Price
    Subtotal
    $375.00 USD
    $375.00 USD

Shipping & Handling
    (includes any seller handling fees)
    $30.00 USD
    Shipping Insurance :--

Total:
    $405.00 USD

Seller Protection Policy:

Eligible

Attn. Sellers:

You must ship to the address shown below to be protected under PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.

Shipping Address:

michael johnson
    4000 wyndham ridge dr #206
    stow, OH 44224
    United States
    Confirmed

Payment From:

michael johnson (The sender of this payment is Unverified)Buyer's ID:

micjay011
    Buyer's Email:

micjay011@yahoo.com
    Payment Sent to:

stefan_celmare2002@yahoo.com

Payment Type:

Instant

Related Transactions
    Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net Jul. 2, 2004 Payment From michael johnson Reversed Details$405.00 USD -$12.05 USD $392.95 USD Jul. 20, 2004 Temporary Hold By PayPal Removed Details-$405.00 USD $12.05 USD -$392.95 USD Jul. 27, 2004 Reversal To michael johnson Completed Details-$405.00 USD $12.05 USD -$392.95 USD

Note:

thanks and please ship today if you can I need it for a class that is starting next week.

besides item number and link to auction,everything is there...that bich took advantage of paypal policy to screw me over...beware....if an ebay member has,say 0 positives and he/she is fairly new,allways check the paypal account..how?..try to send them 1$,itll say how many transactions tehyve doen with that e-mail/account...this oen had a bunch,yet 0 feedback on ebay if i remember correctly..anyway,be carefull out tehre,plenty of crooks..

thnks

ps mods,u can stickie that ^^ up

got a couple of tracking #,s, but was unsure which one i sent to paypal. will play the waiting game i quesss. thanks
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Quote Originally Posted by bypolar
    They don't give a crap as long as they get the money.
    Yep.
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

You CAN protest and contact the State Attorney General, etc. There is no reason why YOU should have to pay for someone else using a stolen credit card to pay. If you put up enough of a fight, you may well win, but it won't be easy or soon...

Basically it's Paypal/Ebay and the credit card company's responsibility to insure the card is good before transferring the funds to your account. They don't want you to know this but it IS their responsibility, not yours as you have no way of checking the c/card, but THEY DO. It may take arresting the criminal who used the bogus credit card to get your Mobo or money back. I'd use every resource available to jail the crook and get your money if it were me!

I have one online con artist on (15) counts including a felony. He's currently a fugitive with a $75K Cash Bond required as soon as they arrest him, which is likely to be any day now as he's going on America's Most Wanted. They know where he's hanging out... so he's running out of time and hiding places!

good.the less the better

Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy
    hi

having a problem with ebay, paypal. i sold a guy one of my motherboards-gig ga-7vt600 1394, and thought everything went okay, got my money and he received the board. he paid with a credit card. now i get a message from paypal that the item was purchased with an un-authorized credit card, and they want to do a charge-back on me. wow- i don,t have my motherboard and paypal is making me pay for someone using an unautorized card. this is great- i am the one being punished, charging me for the purchase price- and i don,t have my motherboard anymore. they wanted a tracking #, so i sent one to them , and the case is being reviewed. . if i am applied the charge-back for someones eles thiefvery, this does not make me think highlly of ebay.
    Why ebay? I really think this is more a paypal issue than ebay. Ebay is just there to make it happen, and paypal is responsible for the $$$$ that gets passed. Doesn't surprise me that paypal would do something like this. They want money.

Thats why I am sticking to MO, wire transfers and cheques. Less headache (not as fast, but guaranteed).

yup,and if u wanna be 1000% sure while accepting paypal payments go with e-check,might take a little while,but once it clears that's that..

That's why fleabay BOUGHT Paypal, makes it easier to make sure they get their money regardless who else gets hurt. And yes, they are mostly concerned about their money. If they weren't, there would not be sellers on there with 5000+ negatives.
    That being said, if you want any chance of protecting yourself, always require the buyer be verified and only ship to a confirmed address. If it's an expensive item, ship it by FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. and REQUIRE an adult signature. Contrary to popular belief, "Delivery Confirmation" from USPS is not going to hold much water. You will need a verfiable signature to have any chance of recovering.
    Fleabay/Paypal has some very specific rules covering the transfer of money and if you violate even one of them you give them the excuse they want to wash their hands of it and say "too bad".
    Good luck and I hope you get your money back. Hang tough and keep after them.
    fiream29
    "Damn, I didn't know that thing was plugged in."
    Heat: fiream29

That is why I tie my pay pal account to a bank account with a 4 dollar ballance. As soon as some money hits my pay pal account it is gone. They cant take what is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad
    Why ebay? I really think this is more a paypal issue than ebay. Ebay is just there to make it happen, and paypal is responsible for the $$$$ that gets passed. Doesn't surprise me that paypal would do something like this. They want money.

Thats why I am sticking to MO, wire transfers and cheques. Less headache (not as fast, but guaranteed).

As Fiream29 said, eBay and PayPal are the same company now.

734: Pride in a number.
    Find out why here.

(\_/)
    (-.o)
    (><) There's nothing funny about a one-eyed bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by spork27
    As Fiream29 said, eBay and PayPal are the same company now.
    So that means: egay + palthief = gaythief...

Yahoo owns egay.

egay owns PayPal.
    ....i'm much too young to be this damn old....

....My Mail....

....My Heatware....