Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

What do you think?

I posted this on another forums earlier but I want to get more opinions on this case...I may scrap the whole thing and try again...for a 3rd time lol.

awww crap! how do I add pix? lol

Re: What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickikaye69
    Thanks

Original case was blue,a Chieftec Full tower,I 1st painted insides red and painted red stripes on case.I wanted it to look like a Shelby GT500-E I may add front grill to it later on.

I rushed a bit while painting to it doesnt look too perfect ...next time I will take my time and read all of the gude I was reading before...instead of skimming though it.

heres how it looked before..

Last edited by Wrath of God; 12-07-2004 at 07:41 PM.

We need some clearer pics but I think the outside should be redone. It looks like the paint went under the masking tape.

Not to bash on you but I dont think the outside turned out very well. I am not trying to discourage you but you should definately hit it with some sandpaper and give it another shot. Maybe try some different colors?

which one r you talkin about? the red/blue or grey/black?

Nope not discouraged...the paint job is bad I can take the truth lol

How do you sand a case without scratching the paint? everytime I tried I scratched it.

I'll take some better pix for u later on.

for the 1st one I used normal masking tape for the 3rd one(Black/grey) I used painters tape.

alright,got more pix..I hope these are clear enough for u

heres what I wanted to emulate http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...OVMTC=standard

OMFG that is some huge case. Dayum

Quote Originally Posted by Rickikaye69
    OMFG that is some huge case. Dayum

LOL I said the same thing when I received it I bought it for watercooling my lanfire is too small,Its a full server like 26 inches lol

Any tips on how to start over? removing the paint on the plastic bezel etc..?

First rule of thumb when painting; "Take your time."

It looks like you rushed it. The inside looks like it could use a few more coats of red and a coat or 2 of clear. The exterior (is it scratched/goughed up?) should start with a coat of primer then a few VERY light coats of silver (let dry between coats 15-20min.) until the desired look is reached (it should be very glossy) then let sit for 24 hours or longer (trust me) in a dry hot area to cure. Mask off the areas that will NOT be black with good masking tape and newspaper and hit it with the black. I would use a stencil on the lettering to make it even. Once finished hit the whole thing with another coat or two of clear or if you want to take it "all the way" then get some rubbing compound to start with and then finish it off with some polishing/glaze and you should get a mirror finish. If the bezel is damaged in some way strip the paint off of it the get some Bondo/body filler to get it smooth again. Let me know cause I have painted more than my fair share of cases for buds and associates.

Be patient. This kind of mod takes a lot of it and time.
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

Yea,I agree..I shoulda took my time oh well its a learning experience

whats primer? I will get some clear coat asap.

I damage the lower bezel lil bit with my dremel..used the wrong sanding bit,where can I find bondo?

Thanks for the advice.

Primer is a base coat of sorts. Both it and Bondo/body filler can be bought at any local auto parts store. Don't sand with a dremel on plastic. Do it by hand.
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

will 150 grit do? thats all my hardware shop has.

Check your closest WallWorld or KMart, in the automotive paints (touch up kits, auto spray paints) section, or in the hardware section. I live in a small town, but my WW had all the way up to 2000 grit wet/dry SP. If you find it, buy as much of as many diff grits as you can afford, it'll come in handy later, ie: lapping a waterblock or after-market heatsink/cooling products.

I can't really add much over what's already been posted about prepping the case and/or painting it... But if you try to stick to the same brand of primer/paint/clearcoat, your end result generally looks better. Supposedly, using all the same brand eliminates compatibility issues (?) between all the components.

Here's an idea for ya: Duplicolor makes the Metalcast and Chameleon (not the real name, I just can't remember it right now) lines. Anodized and/or "color-shifting" paint jobs would look killer on that monster of a case...

EDIT: If you can't find the sandpaper at WW or KM or anywhere else, PM me, will try to work something out to help ya.
    PC7B+ CM:A64X2 4200:PCP&C 510SLI: DFI nF4 SLI-DR:2x7800GTX:2x74GB Raptors-RAID 0, 120GB IDE:2x1GB Ballistix PC4000
    PC60 CM: A64 3500: Ultra XC 500W: Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939: eVGA 6800GT: 80GB IDE: 4x256MB Geil Ultra PC3500

ISP Email 36-0-0 HeatWare 34-0-0 eBay 38-0-0 PimpRig.com