Help needed with PayPal!!!!!!!!!!

I had 1GB of Corsair XMS3500, which is BH-5, for sale on eBay. A guy from the Philippines contacted me and ended up buying them for $330 + shipping. He paid via PayPal and the transaction went to "complete" status. This was on November 25. I shipped the package via Global Express Mail. I just logged into my PayPal account tonight and found that my account was in the negative and that the payment was on "temporary hold by PayPal". After 45 minutes on hold with PayPal I have found out that it looks like he paid with someone else's account. I should know within 3-4 days if I will be getting the money back or not. I'm not holding my breath. Since I did not ship to a verified address, I'm not eligible for the seller protection plan. PayPal is passing the buck off on me. What kind of a deal is this? It's there service that screwed up and they find a way to pass the loss off onto their customers. What options do I have at this point? Any help as appreciated.
    Brad - brad@blsnelling.com - Heatware
    Asus A8N SLI Premium
    Athlon64 X2 3800+ (260x10 @ 1.45V)
    Thermalright XP-120 w/Sunon 120x38 on rheostat
    2 X 1GB OCZ Dual Channel Platinum PC3200
    Gigabyte 6600GT 128MB PCx
    Eneremax NoiseTaker 470W "AX" v2.0
    36GB WD Raptor - Boot Drive
    4x MaxLine 10 300GB 16MB Cache - RAID 10 - Storage & Backup
    Sound Blaster Audigy2
    Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP TV Tuner/ Video Capture Card
    Antec Full Tower Case

Re: Help needed with PayPal!!!!!!!!!!

You messed up by not shipping to a verified address. There is a reason they have the policy in place -- this very circumstance. How is this paypal's fault?

Most companies won't ship to a different address than on the billing address for a credit card, for the very same reason -- fraud.

And actually, it might not have made a difference having a verified address, if you were shipping to certain international locations. Never done it, but I recall some restrictions there too.

Really sucks though - I feel bad for you. Pretty expensive lesson.

I just plain won't ship internationally, except maybe Canada. Too many hassles.

You're screwed is how it works. From what I've heard from other people, your account will also be flagged or something like that.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Read here a bit. I doubt much of that is embelished.

ure done for it.filipine and east oriental scammers have been going on for a little ride for a little while now...sorry m8..join teh club

no easy way to say this...your screwed...surprised you weren't aware of Asian country scammers....
    had someone contact me while i was selling my car...said he would pay dbl the amt I was asking...and I was like yea with someone else's account??? He never replied back
    SYSTEM 1//
    DFI UT 250GB//A64 Mobile 3000+ 1MB cache// 280 X 9// Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB @ 252 FSB @7-3-3-2.5//ATI X800XT PE 550/560 //2 X 36GB Raptors, 160GB Sammy Data Drive//Audigy ZS Sound card
    Watercooled....Powered by Fortron 530Watt//23K 3DM01
    SYSTEM 2//
    EPoX 9NDA3J// A64 3000 Venice 300 X 9 @1.45V// KingMax SuperRam 3700 @ 250FSB //512MBX2 @7-3-3-2.5 @ 2.8V//ATI 9800Pro//Audigy2 ZS//Hitachi 80GB SATAII//Maxtor 250GB Data Drive//Zalman Air cooled...Powered by OCZ 450 Modstream
    Heatware

Yup - your money is gone.

I will only ship to international buyers if they pay upfront via Western Union or if they have excellent references AND a verified paypal address for this very reason.

it would be nice of u to pop the paypal info in here,delete the auction link(s) but leave teh rest.prolly its fake anyway...

Hosed...........Gay-pal and E-gay.........................Yes it is Pay-pals fault. Loose requirements to open an acount (if they were that strict then alot of this could be avoided). Obviously easy to steals someone else account. But the biggest bull is that they care only for themselves and no one else. I almost lost $230.00 to a seller on e-gay. The seller never shipped and pay-pal sent the automated electronic finger to me indicating I was screwed so I reciprocated the finger with my C.C. denial of payment.......................Whoa then I got a real e-mail from a person asking why I did not request help from them. Copy paste is so great. So I replied to him/her with there automated response and mine back. Never heard from them again..............Used postal M.O on other e-gay trans then basically quite the E-gay thing.
    [

i sense a lot of anger there
    after a while u get to know how things work,and something that smells fishy better be sought out or ull get burned...that or im too paranoic :P

i almost got burned on one of em email frauds. They claimed to be ebay and asked for my personal info. I was typing it all in, fortunately I didnt have my mom's CC. So I didnt do it, and that night i saw the news talking about that stuff. Boy was that a close one!

its more of a love-hate relationship between me and paypal/egay. Havnt been burned yet, luckily...

Quote Originally Posted by blsnelling
    I just logged into my PayPal account tonight and found that my account was in the negative and that the payment was on "temporary hold by PayPal". After 45 minutes on hold with PayPal I have found out that it looks like he paid with someone else's account. I should know within 3-4 days if I will be getting the money back or not. I'm not holding my breath. Since I did not ship to a verified address, I'm not eligible for the seller protection plan. PayPal is passing the buck off on me. What kind of a deal is this? It's there service that screwed up and they find a way to pass the loss off onto their customers. What options do I have at this point? Any help as appreciated.

That really sucks man.... I've been in your shoes a couple times, once with a$700 digital camera, and the other with a $135camera. Basically, you will not be covered since you sent the item to an address other than the one registered with teh paypal acct he sent you the money. The true account holder will have 30days to go through a process to get his money back, and if they fail to do so withing the 30day period, you will get the $330 back. Hope it works out man.... I hate Paypal for this reason alone... I've seen my buddy get robbed $800+ on a laptop. Those dam people overseas are tricky... Anymore if i get any emails of interest in my auctions i'm pretty strict. Well anyway's, sorry to hear this man....