Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: avengere..........TROLL????

I already have plans on doing so before going to bed
    Mr. Henning is off work at the time I'm at work and no one is allowed to make long distant calls from my work place

So, hopefully I can catch him before he goes to work today since there's 1 hour difference and it's close to 5am for me right now which makes it close to 6am for him.
    It is hard to catch him during the weekends...

Well, I've been trying to call him for the last 40 minutes...just getting a busy tone.

It's close to 7am (my time) and I have to be at work by 2pm, so I'm going to bed.

Hopefully better luck tomorrow

Gold Star for Effort......

and I Thank You.

Pops.
    ....i'm much too young to be this damn old....

....My Mail....

....My Heatware....

I called again this time close to 8am Friday morning and still just got the busy dial tone. Not even an answering machine.

I'm going to try again today (saturday) before work and when I return from work

I have been putting effort into this...I just have *bigger* issues I'm more concerned with (which is top priority) at this time. But that does not mean I have forgotten or have not been dealing with this issue.

Actually, California is more expensive to live than Alaska (I used to live in Los Angeles)

..... a long time ago I learned that if the ringing of the phone interrupted
    my lifestyle all I had to do was unplug the line from the jack.

The answering machine doesn't function.... the phone doesn't ring.... and
    folks who call my number get a busy signal forever.

You have your Priority Ducks in a row. Don't ever allow that to change.

Pops.

....My Mail....

....My Heatware....

try calling at 6:30pm - 7:30pm PST time. which is like 5:30pm - 6:30pm your time right?
    DFI LANPARTY DK 790FXB-M2RSH
    AMD Phenom II x4 920
    HD5850/GTX260 PhysX
    G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK x 2 (8gigs)
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750w Quad Crossfire
    Western Digital 640gb Caviar Black 32mb cache sata 2.0
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black 32mb cache sata 2.0
    Windows 7 x64

I had a good talk with Brandon (avengere) today before I left for work on messenger.

He told me the reason why there is always a busy signal at his parents house and that's because his home is being worked on and the line was cut. He gave me his father’s cell # and the best time to call. Brandon also told me that his father mailed off both checks and I should receive mine shortly. I told him that I will call his dad on Tuesday if I don’t receive the check by Monday (I’m at work by the time mail is delivered).

He told me again that he was sorry for what he had done to shroomy and I. At least he's trying to make amends by taking care of this mess with his father and refunding the both of us (shroomy got his and mine is on the way) even though it took awhile. The saying is true "Some times later is better than never"

Anyway, I will update my progress…

Did you tell him to give his father a big kiss for us?
    AMD Phenom II x4 920
    HD5850/GTX260 PhysX
    Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Mystra
    I had a good talk with Brandon (avengere) today before I left for work on messenger.

I told him that I will call his dad on Tuesday if I don’t receive the check by Monday (I’m at work by the time mail is delivered).

.....let's see. oh yeah, my home was being worked on and they cut the phone lines.

.....and my dog ate my homework.

.....please keep in mind. a cell # doesn't help a person much if the cell unit
    itself isn't on.

Maybe I'm being a little hesitant here about a couple of things so we shall see
    how this plays in a couple of days.

Peace.

....My Mail....

....My Heatware....

Quote Originally Posted by Popcicle
    .....please keep in mind. a cell # doesn't help a person much if the cell unit
    itself isn't on.
    Well, this is something I do know.
    I can't just buy a plane ticket and fly to his home to see what he is telling me is the truth or I would have by now.

I'm the one who kept calling his home, so the phone being out does sound realistic. Unless, they enjoy having their phone disconnected. I didn't ask him for his dad cell# he gave it to me freely since I could not get in touch with his dad at his home (I'm not defending him in anyway). I'm not going to start throwing accusations around until I have the facts. I'm the one who should be skeptical since I'm the one who lost out on $162.50, but I'm keeping an open mind since shroomy did get his check after all. So that tells me what avengere said *might* be true.

I'm starting to feel like I'm the one who is being patronized
    Getting my money back is not the only reason I'm pursuing this matter. I'm pursuing this because I don't want this to happen to someone else and I want avengere to know that he can't pull this crap and get by with it. I'm not a vengeful person, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Since shroomy got his refund, I'm going to keep in open mind and not jump to conclusion.

At this time my life is pretty hectic and I'm doing what I can to resolve this issue with Brandon aka avengere. One of the reasons I haven't posted here often is because I got caught up with getting paperwork together for the US citizenship and immigrations services, so (hopefully) my fiancé and I can marry this fall since we can’t until all necessary paperwork has been sent and approved (he’s from Canary Islands-Spain). Also, doctor visits and tests take up a lot of time, and I’ll be going on treatment in the next couple of weeks, so I'm preparing for that. By that time I should know more about my sister’s biopsy test results as well (which I'm hopping is nothing serious). On top of that I'm trying to wrap up my studies in Visual C++ and work on my B.A in Computer Science (programming) and work full time as well...I'm not farting in the wind.

Anyway, that is what I’ve been more consumed with for the last month. I have a lot on my mind and a lot of worries about my health and my sister's as well. I'm doing what I can about avengere. It may look like I'm just sitting on my butt on this, but I'm not. I didn't write all the going's on in my life (without full details) to get sympathy or pat on the back (I am a very private person), but to explain my lack of updates and to explain I'm not taking my sweet time regarding this matter or that I don't care.

Again, thanks to everyone for their support.

*Shameless flattery* ... And being a witness to it all, I'm still amazed at what an incredible woman she is

Certainly the situation does deserve the benefit of the doubt; that Shroomy got his full refund is a very nice show of good faith... especially when he was told by Avengere's father that the other check was sent too So hey, if someone has stopped making empty promises and proving with actions that he's finally making amends, nothing prevents us from forgiving and forgetting
    Ready to roll a real riot right on a rye-filled field, rawr!

Folding is good for you

I didn't receive my check when I checked the mail Monday night, so I called Mr. Henning with the cell# Brandon gave me early Tuesday morning (my 8am)

I told his father that I did not receive my check yet, but Shroomy has (of course I didn't call Shroomy "Shroomy" ). Anyway, he said he would call me back with more info and he did.

He mailed the checks on January 21st, so I should receive mine shortly. I'm not really surprised I haven't received it yet since mail (receiving it) has been slow lately (shipping stuff off is fine...go figure) .

I'll update later

*Thanks for the flattery, sweetie*

Good to hear Mystra..... Another good note, I was able to cash the check today. I havent had much time lately but I got it done and the check was good.
    AMD Phenom II x4 920
    HD5850/GTX260 PhysX
    Windows 7 x64

Mystra...

My sincere apology if my earlier post came off as tho I was harping
    at you. That was the most distant of my intentions.

I'm respectful to you for the way you have handled this deal... from the
    beginning. Especially because of everything else that has loaded down
    your responsibility level in life.

You are a private person and I do respect that.

But.... you are a Stand Up Lady and we are proud to have
    you as a member of the Trading Post forum.

Here's to this trade ending well

Pops.

....My Mail....

....My Heatware....

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomalistic
    Good to hear Mystra..... Another good note, I was able to cash the check today. I havent had much time lately but I got it done and the check was good.
    We are *all* a busy bunch! Busy little bees buzzing away…Uh...that is great news!

I received my check!

Honestly, I was getting a bit worried about it, but my Lymericks always reminded me not to worry since Shroomy did receive his and mine will arrive shortly (he brings out the best in me ). I am *so* happy this case has come to an end...finally!

Shroomy, you helped me out *so* much…Thank you! You saved me a lot of time by including me in your talks with Mr. Henning and because of that I didn’t have to spend a lot of time explaining my situation with Mr. Henning since he already knew.

And to you Popcicle,
    Thank you for being there for me from the very beginning when I realized that Shroomy and I both got short changed (to put it lightly, heh) .

I should have known better than to feel like I was being patronized because that is not you . After all, I read many posts in how you helped countless forum members (including myself) and guests with their computer problems and other problems long before you became a moderator (I often wondered when you and Radiohead would become moderators ). With that said, I too owe you an apology. I am sincerely sorry for over reacting. You have a *big* heart for dedicating your time in helping others with their problems in your spare time (I’m sure you are just as busy).

Last, but not least, thank you sweetie (Lymericks) for standing by me and supporting me through this entire ordeal…you are absolutely wonderful!

And to everyone else with your inquiries and thoughts…I thank you for your support!

*Brandon, (I know you’re reading this) thank you for making amends with Shroomy and myself by sending us our refund with your father’s help. I know talking with me on messenger was not an easy thing to do. You could have easily waited for me to go away without replying, but you didn’t and I thank you for that. Thank you for doing the right thing.*

Okay, my small little update turned out *much* longer than I had previously planned on *lol*