Question God gene discovered?

Religious belief is determined by a person's genetic make-up according to a study by a leading scientist.

After comparing more than 2,000 DNA samples, an American molecular geneticist has concluded that a person's capacity to believe in God is linked to brain chemicals.
    Dr Dean Hamer, the director of the Gene Structure and Regulation Unit at the National Cancer Institute in America, asked volunteers 226 questions in order to determine how spiritually connected they felt to the universe. The higher their score, the greater a person's ability to believe in a greater spiritual force and, Dr Hamer found, the more likely they were to share the gene, VMAT2.
    Well I don't know how that one slipped under the radar. It's from the same Dr Dean Hamer who brought you the 'Gay Gene' back in '93.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

What makest thou of that?

Re: God gene discovered?

certain info is transmited genetically,like ure pops likes soya so u do..etc..ok,thats a stupied exemple,but thats how it is..brainwashing..err..i mean religious thing belief.. seems to go about the same way

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore
    Well I don't know how that one slipped under the radar. It's from the same Dr Dean Hamer who brought you the 'Gay Gene' back in '93.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

What makest thou of that?
    I thinketh he beest fulleth of crap!

Never mind life insurers, just think of the market research + genetics tie ups that will be possible. We'll all get perfectly targeted spam based on our genetic predispositions.

Hmm... runs off to form Spamnetics Inc. Who's in?

I think it is crap! Hey, you asked
    looking for a 5GB Athlon

It'd be cool if they could find a way to turn it off though. It'd solve a lot of the world's problems overnight.

It'd be cool if they could find a way to turn it off though. It'd solve a lot of the world's problems overnight.
    QFT
    Abit NF7-S rev 2 - 1700+ tbred B @ 2.4 ghz - 512 mb OCZ PC3500EL - ATI 9800 Pro

"see it, believe it, never stop working to make it happen"

CLICK HERE

If true, between turning this off and the gay gene off, the world would be a more quiet place.

Now where's the war gene?

That would shut TLR down except for the news thread and the bar I'd bet.

And you'd be surprised at how well marketing is getting focused from the data available today. We don't need no stinkin genes. <blazing saddles>

Quote Originally Posted by otoc

If true, between turning this off and the gay gene off, the world would be a more quiet place.

And you'd be surprised at how well marketing is getting focused from the data available today. We don't need no stinkin genes. <blazing saddles>
    You wouldn't need the war gene being every war there is and has been is based primarily on religion. Get rid of religion and war would follow. Then again I am sure we could find other things that can't be proven to exist to kill each other over.

Why not just kill the carriers of said gene like they have killed for the last few thousand years?

Quote Originally Posted by otoc

Wouldnt shut down Andrew! He would argue with himself, if he was alone long enough.

I think that coming to such biologically-deterministic conclusions is always tricky and has not had the best track record throughout history. Naturally the masses latch onto such a concept and run without, all other positions/interpretations/evidence be damned. The "fact" takes on a life of its own and leads to a lack of critical thinking. The general populace just can't be trusted to use reason when they have people over them (be they political or more often religious) telling them how to think.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.