get this: i turned on my computer today, and it said: "Installing new PCI communication device". Windows had removed my modem!!!! after a little while searching for the right driver, i finally got it to work. heres my theory on why this happened:

intel, Microsoft, and others have a top-ultra-secret deal that if any of their products come in contact with an AMD or affiliate's product they will cause a critical melt-down 99% of the time, and give you extremely frustrating random errors the other 1%.