Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow COMPLAINTS AND PRAISE (post buying experiences here)

This thread is for posting your complaints and praise, IE: "I got screwed out of a rebate", and "I had a really good experience from..... ". feel free to post off topic from Hotdeals but stay on the complain and praise model.
    Last edited by AMDMaddness; 09-16-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Re: COMPLAINTS AND PRAISE (post buying experiances here)

I am currently at my wits end with PDP Systems, I sent them my 2x512MB kit of 3200 XBL for RMA. They recieved it on the 1st February and inspite of numerous e-mails, I have heard nothing from them since.

see thread:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=379286

Is there anyone I can report them to? PDP Systems have become my definition of a bad trader.

I really need some help on this one.
    59.98 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

recently bought my first product from dell...my lovely new 20 inch flat screen..reading many threads i saw good and bad reports on customer service. and being in canada, i thought if any problems that could really make it a pain...not only was my monitor perfect but when i contacted customer support at one point to get info on tracking # they got back to me within 24 and followed up again with me when i received my monitor to ensure all was good. i was very impressed and sent a CS supervisor a note to tell them so!

Quote Originally Posted by tenax
    i was very impressed and sent a CS supervisor a note to tell them so!
    Suck up

J/K Was just thrilled to see a post by you that I wanted to say HI!!!

Scoob

Recently saw the gateway computer on sale at CompUsa for $400and all i can say is wow. Supposed to some with a 3.2 P4 HT 512mb 3200 ram 200 WD HD dual layer dvd burner but when i ran some testsafter i bought it, found out that they put in the wrong CPU and accidentally put in a 3.4 P4 HT 550J. It was awesome for only 400 bucks

Problem Avoid PC World at all cost

Don't buy anything from PC World superstore. They will rip you off. The service is terrible, they are overpriced, dishonest, insincere, greedy and incompetent. Their Galway shop is probably the worst of all. If you buy computer related products in Ireland, hardware of software, just get them abroad or on the internet (komplett.ie, K&M electronic, notebook.de). For example, in the Netherlands, the computer keyboard is also QWERTY and Windows XP is in English + you have 2 years garantee on many products.
    I bought an item from PC World that was overpriced and half works. PC World claims it works perfectly: as a result won't take it back or propose any arrangement. Those scoundrels are just interested in taking your money but don't give a damn about you or the quality of their products. I know many people who are entirely dissatisfied with them so do not do the same mistake.

Watch out with Hitachi and their rebates. I got a 250gb drive from CompUSA a few weeks ago and sent in the rebate to Hitachi. They are now trying to claim I never sent them the UPC, which I of course did. They want me to send the UPC or they won't honor the rebate, but they already have it. This rebate is being handled by Hitachi themselves so they have no excuse that some third party messed this up. I'm going to contact both Hitachi and CompUSA on this. One way or another, they ARE going to give me the $50 they owe me.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

I got in on the Best Buy web site for my order of a Seagate 120 GB hard drive. I got an email back that they could not ship but could check stores in my area for in-store pickup. Best Buy showed in stock at two stores about 1 hour away from me so had order changed to in-store pickup. I went there and both stores out of stock. One store said shippment coming in in a couple of days. I go back then, checked in store and the same SKU drive sitting there. I went to customer service with my Best Buy web in-store pickup printout. After a bunch of people checking on my print out, I was told from a manger at the Best Buy store that the drive was out of stock. He lied to my face about that. After pointing out that the drive was in stock, he tried to sell me on a drive that had this big rebate (bate and switch). He refused to deliever the drive for my web pickup order. Best Buy stinks!

This may belong in another forum but it is just to show what kind of company Best Buy is. I also filed a complaint with the BBB but see that Best Buy has a lot of complaints already against them.
    Gigabyte 870A-UD3 motherboard
    AMD AthlonII 64 X4 640
    G. Skill 4GB DDR3
    MSI N460GTX
    WD 1Tb 7200rpm hard drive
    NEC AD-7240s DVD burner
    Windows7 sp1

tigerdirect.ca

$17 UPS delivery charge and it took them 14 days to get it to me. My brother lives near them and he sent me a package by Canada post and it took 5 days. They couldn't care less when I complained and their website only allows positive testimonials. So if you buy from them it may take longer then what they have posted on their site as their maximum delivery time. I am done buying from them just from their poor customer service.

Logitech rebates are slooooow, they never respond to emails from their rebate page and I have sent them requests many times. It usally takes about 3-4 emails and then magically the rebate page suddenly switches to rebate check sent.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by GazC
    I am currently at my wits end with PDP Systems, I sent them my 2x512MB kit of 3200 XBL for RMA. They recieved it on the 1st February and inspite of numerous e-mails, I have heard nothing from them since.

see thread:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=379286

Is there anyone I can report them to? PDP Systems have become my definition of a bad trader.

I really need some help on this one.
    Supprising. I bought a 1GB 3200 stick on EBAY, it failed Mem test contacted Patriot and had a replacement in under 2 weeks.

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM eCOST AGAIN!

I ordered an iPod remote control on December 12th, 2005. $20 + $6 shipping +6 "handling fee". $32 total.

On December 22nd I recieved an iPod remote *for iPod Mini*. I still gave this as a gift with a note saying I'd return the item for the correct remote.

I get an RMA from eCost and send my remote back (Cost ME $5). They say as soon as they get the correct remote in stock they will send it out to me. It's now January 3rd, and now I'm in this for $37.

I wait a couple of weeks and give them a call to check on my order......still pending.

A week later I send an email asking about my item.....no response.

A couple weeks later I give another call....never got through. So I send an email, telling them if it's not in stock, please refund my money and cancel my order.

Yesterday I check my credit card statement and they FINNALLY refunded me my money ($20!), I check the eCost site and my order had been canceled. Good, but I thought they'd at least tell me.

So.....I spent $37......and was refunded $20.....and got nothing for my $17 except frustration.

Total Crap! I will never buy from eCost again! Now there's 2 online stores on my DO NOT BUY list. eCost and Tiger Direct.

From now on....I'm sticking to Newegg and Buy. If my item's not in stock or a higher price, I will at least have the comfort of good customer service.

Cheers,

David
    A truant finds home...and a wish to hold on...
    But there's a trapdoor in the sun...immortality...

BUY.COM rules!

I recently bought a 1GB media card for my camera from WWW.BUY.COM

It was $42 with a $10 mail in rebate and free shipping. While checking out, I noticed that it said the shipping cost would be deducted after I checked out. I checked out, and my reciept was sent to me. It included $5.54 shipping.

I emailed Buy and they said that I picked the wrong shipping. I needed to pick the low priority 7 day shipping method in order to get the free shipping.

The next day I get an email saying I get a refund for $5.54! No explanation.

3 days later my purchase shows up at my door!

kudos to buy.com!
    A truant finds home...and a wish to hold on...
    But there's a trapdoor in the sun...immortality...

Re: COMPLAINTS AND PRAISE (post buying experiences here)

Yesterday I placed this order with Buy.com
    Kingston 512MB microSD Secure Digital Card $33.95 with free shipping.

Today I receive a sale email from them stating the same item is now $27.95 again with the offer of free shipping.

So I shoot off an email to customer support asking for a price match for the lower price.

Check out the string of emails where they refuse to give me the lower price.

This combined with the recent other issues involving my new X1950 pro order have turned me off off Buy.com even though they have great prices sometimes their customer service is severely lacking. and the do not list a customer service phone number anywhere on their site everything goes through Email.

Not a satisfactory answer. If you are offering the same product for a lower price with the same free shipping offer then I should be entitled to the lower price as any other establishment would give.

Please have a supervisor contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx

- Hide quoted text -

On 1/25/07, Buy.com Customer Support <support@customersupport.buy.com > wrote:

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

We understand your point of view regarding the price match request of
    order #xxxxx and apologize for the inconvenience. However, although
    we always try to do everything in our power to resolve every customer
    issue, unfortunately at this point we are unable to assist you further
    in this matter.

As we have checked our system, you already took advantage of our Free
    Shipping Promotion as you have chosen Budget Shipping on your order.

Per Price Match Policy: "Our Low Price Guarantee does not apply when you
    use coupons, promotional offers, or product-bundle pricing on the order.
    Low Price Guarantee also does not apply to membership pricing and is
    limited to up to three (3) of the same product, shipped to the same
    address. The Low Price Guarantee is subject to change at any time."

For more information concerning our Low Price Guarantee, please visit
    our help center at:

http://www.us.buy.com/corp/support/g...eguarantee.asp

We thank you for your patience in the matter.

Please feel free to contact us if you have other questions. Your
    satisfaction is important to us. Please add
    support@customersupport.buy.com to your contact list to prevent your
    spam filter from blocking succeeding e-mail.

Sincerely,

Abby
    Buy.com Customer Service
    www.buy.com

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------

I have to say that I have been doing a lot of business with your company
    over the last few weeks and have been very disappointed. This is just
    the last straw as I do not believe I will be doing business with your
    company anymore. You stated you will not honor the lower price on this
    item because of free shipping. Yet BOTH prices include free shipping and
    they were 1 day apart and they were both Emailed to me as specials. Why
    would you not honor a price that you lowered 1 day after emailing me
    about a great low price?

If you still feel that you cannot match your own advertised lower price.
    I feel that I will have to discontinue my business with you and alert
    anyone else that i know to not do business with you.

Thanks

Douglas

On 1/25/07, Buy.com Customer Support < support@customersupport.buy.com
    >wrote:
    Dear Douglas,

Thank you for contacting Buy.com regarding order #xxxxxx

We understand that you want to avail of Price Match, however, our Low
    Price Guarantee cannot be combined with the use of coupons, rebates,
    promotional offers, or product-bundle pricing on the order. On your
    order, you have used the 'Free Shipping Promotion', therefore we are
    unable to honor the Low Price Guarantee.

We thank you for your patience in the matter.

Please feel free to contact us if you have other questions. Your
    satisfaction is important to us. Please add
    support@customersupport.buy.com to your contact list to prevent your
    spam filter from blocking succeeding e-mail.

Sincerely,

Nelle
    Buy.com Customer Service
    www.buy.com

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Name: Douglas

Order #: xxxxx

Question/Comment:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Yesterday I placed this order
    Order #xxxxxx

Placed Wednesday, January 24, 2007.
    sku: 202611635
    description: Kingston 512MB microSD Secure Digital Card
    qty: 1
    unit price: $33.95
    item total: $33.95

Today I looked at the site and the price is now
    Our Price: $27.95

I made this through Google Checkout. Is there a way to get refunded the
    difference in price?

Thanks
    Well they called me and denied it again. Said price match is a promotion and so is free shipping and you can't combine promotions WTF
    Last time i do business with BUY.com again.
    Last edited by zetachi; 02-03-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Question Re: COMPLAINTS AND PRAISE (post buying experiences here)

what about frys outpost?i use newegg for about everything but frys have some good prices.just wonder what your buying experience has been there. thanks