Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: COMPLAINTS AND PRAISE (post buying experiences here)

No problem The Wise One will simply need to set up a group and he needs to run that by Ryan to see how its to be constructed.

Meanwhile Newegg Support.

I hope the guy searches on his membername!!

I called Newegg and got it taken care of over the phone.

Thumbs up Re: COMPLAINTS AND PRAISE (post buying experiences here)

I recently bought a pair of discounted Enermax uATX cases from ZipZoomFly, each having an $8 rebate and free shipping too.

I read and re-read the rebate form and nowhere was there a limit to the number of rebates, just the normal limit of 20 or so units available per customer...so I got two, but on separate orders with different invoices.

I received them and everything is fine...sent the rebates in separate envelopes with all the paperwork and recently received the check.

I got both rebates back together on the same check and in two weeks, yes TWO WEEKS!!!

I have never had that kind of service on a rebate before, so if you ever got a rebate offer on a Enermax product that gets sent to CoolerGiant (their US affiliate) don't hesitate, get the item if you want it.

Another newegg shipping success story. Ordered a CPU yesterday 9am. Delivered today 10:15am. Nice!

I'll also praise Amazon.com again. I find myself buying more and more from them because their prices are usually very competitive if not the lowest and many items are free shipping. The free shipping which is supposed to be slow usually gets to me in 5 days or so. Not too bad.

Negative on Amazon for having SO MANY Marketplace dealers. Used to be a few but now it feels almost like ebay. I prefer to buy things directly from Amazon (again because of the free shipping offers) so except for certain small items like cables or maybe a used book I usually steer clear.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Newegg's Paypal policy!!!

How stupid can they be?!?!?!?!?

Your Paypal account must be associated with a bank and credit card to be usable at Newegg!

I recently had sold a bunch of my comp hardware wanting to downsize.

I went to the Egg to buy a Shuttle XPC and 4 gigs of RAM, not a small purchase for someone of modest means such as I.

Newegg would not permit me to pay via my Paypal cash balance.

I called and found out why, so from now on when I am shopping to buy with Paypal, I will not waste my time looking At Newegg.

BTW...Tigerdirect took my Paypal without any problem, and my new system parts will be delivered this week.

Cheers for Tigerdirect...jeers to Newegg.

Bought the wife a 27 inch HD TV for Christmas from Newegg, it was no picture when arrived. I used Olevia's warranty, which completely sucks I had to pay $61 to return with insurance etc. They received it Jan 7, I am still waiting. I called Newegg and told them they should reconsider dealing with Olevia. The woman at Olevia service said I would be getting a 32 inch, I said fine. Called again yesterday, now it is a 27 inch, and no tracking number yet. Just want to warn folks to not buy Olevia products.
    Last edited by supercat; 02-18-2008 at 02:24 PM.

PRAISE to US1CAMERA.COM

I was shopping for a Canon HV20 HD camcorder and they easily had the lowest price on PriceGrabber. But I had never heard of them before and with the grey market problems in the camera world I was a little worried. I checked ResellerRatings.com and they looked reputable so I placed my order on Wed. I didn't notice the email they sent until Thurs evening saying my order was on hold because of a problem with my credit card (my fault). After fixing the card problem I called them back on Friday. I explained how I'd really like to have the camera by Wed (my son had a filming project planned) but they said that was very unlikely with the free shipping I got especially since the shipping deadline has already passed for Friday. So I negotiated 2 day air shipping with them for $20. Normally cost $37 and they initially offered it to me for $27. I was off the phone with them Friday 1pm. Somehow they got it shipped on Friday and it was at my door Monday 10:30am.

So they get my praise for low prices AND good customer service.
    Last edited by Lenny; 02-19-2008 at 08:35 AM.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Digital Storm Computers

Hi all, I own one of these bad boys. and had a graphis card issue, the machine is well over a year old. the guys at Digital Storm didn't have the card that came with my machine whish is a EVGA 7950GT so they advice I call EVGA well i did. and EVGA told me sorry chump no warrenty. it's out of date. I called Digital storm back I got to tell yea they went way above what I thought any tech support would do. and too boot they took the there time making sure that I was happy. they sent me a new 8800gt card so long as I sent back the old broken down 7950 card. talk about tech support these guys rock. and Kuddos to Randy for spending two days of working through all the issue amd making sure that I went away happy. but mostly making sure that my machine was as good if not better than when I bought it from them.
    this PC Company Rocks as do there rigs.

Game crap.com

Placed an order for 2 games for the sons new DS for his birthday. Used a Gamestop gift card and my credit card. I get the order confirmation email then the next day get this one.

Dear Valued Customer,

Our records indicate that you placed order number XXXXXXXXXXXX with us at GameStop.com or EBgames.com. Thank you for your business.

Unfortunately our system was unable to process your order. This has resulted in the cancellation of your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kevin

GameStop.com

Power To The Players

No explanation no solution nothing. So I call them and they basically tell me something about some security check failure on my credit card, the same one I use every day. No explanation as to what failed or why. When I tell them I threw out the card because the order went through the tell me basically go to a Gamestop store, tell the clerk what happened they can call someone and hopefully get a new card issued.

Basically sh#t out of luck so sorry now go out and do all this work b/c we messed up and can't even tell you what went wrong. Looks like this will be the last order with them for me. Not the first time I've had issue with them. Seems every time I place an order with them it's some issue or another. Last 2 orders with them were back order, one was indefinite and of course no apologizes except sorry and thanks for you business.

Is this the site? The one that blows?

http://www.gamestop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Is this the site? The one that blows?

http://www.gamestop.com/
    that be it

^^OK. I wanted to be sure that it was gamestop.com that hosed you.