Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: COMPLAINTS AND PRAISE (post buying experiences here)

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    NE is still good but with 7% added they lost their edge, plus from the warehouse to the local shipping depot they drive past my house and deliver the next day ...

Trying Mwave for an order, ChiefValue is normally cheaper than NE (yes the same co) but has the tax problem. I've been happy with my first 2 orders though.
    Mwave and Chiefvalue delivered today everything seems OK.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Overclockers.co.uk swindled me yesterday when I went to collect a refund for a faulty graphics card. They abused the fair use cop-out of the consumer law to refund only 3/4 of the money owed to me as the card was 6months old at time of failure (and they then had it for over a month). I was going to buy a brand new card at the time of the refund but instead I went elsewhere. They lost a loyal customer yesterday, and I'll be getting advice from the CAB and Trading Standards to see if 25% of the value is a reasonable sum to keep.
    59.98 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

Anyone know what the deal is with Amazon's shipping choices? Recently I placed two orders with them, both had free shipping. At the final checkout page 'standard shipping' was selected by default but it still showed the shipping being subtracted from my total. I checked 'Free shipping' and there was no difference. I didn't want any surprises so I left the 'free shipping' option selected but I'm wondering if it would have still been free and I would get my stuff quicker if I had selected 'standard shipping'?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Anyone know what the deal is with Amazon's shipping choices? Recently I placed two orders with them, both had free shipping. At the final checkout page 'standard shipping' was selected by default but it still showed the shipping being subtracted from my total. I checked 'Free shipping' and there was no difference. I didn't want any surprises so I left the 'free shipping' option selected but I'm wondering if it would have still been free and I would get my stuff quicker if I had selected 'standard shipping'?
    To answer my own question and for the benefit of others a customer rep told me that Standard Shipping is indeed also FREE for some items. The rep was able to cancel one of my orders and place a new identical order this time with Standard Shipping. For my other order the item was out of stock and the rep told me there was nothing I could do. After getting off the phone I noticed when looking at my order I could change the shipping myself so I changed it from Free Super Saver to Standard Shipping and it was still free. So I was able to successfully upgrade both my orders to faster Standard Shipping for free but it took much longer on the phone with the customer rep than I expected and in the end the rep wasn't informed enough to suggest to me that I could in fact change the shipping option myself.

To summarize my experience:

Pro: Amazon had the best price on both items I purchased and free shipping. Customer service was easy to reach - I used there Click-to-Call call back service.

Con: Shipping options at checkout were confusing. Customer rep wasn't aware that I could change the shipping option myself on one of the orders.
    Last edited by Lenny; 09-04-2007 at 01:00 PM.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I don't see how "standard" shipping could be any different from the "free" shipping. The free shipping uses ground, which as far as I know is what the standard shipping uses. Every time I've used free shipping from Amazon my product has come in on a timely fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I don't see how "standard" shipping could be any different from the "free" shipping. The free shipping uses ground, which as far as I know is what the standard shipping uses. Every time I've used free shipping from Amazon my product has come in on a timely fashion.
    Based on their quoted ship times for Free Super Saver and Standard it appears they wait 3-5 days before shipping it out if you choose Free Super Saver. Of course those are just estimates and I find they usually ship sooner than they say and I get the package sooner as well.

With Standard shipping I received both orders in 3 days from Kentucky to NY. Not bad. I'm not sure what it would have been had I used the Free Super Saver shipping. I tried to look up some of my old orders from Amazon but it seems they remove the 'Track Package' link from old orders so I can't recall the tracking info.

From what I remember Standard was UPS ground and Super Saver is FedEx ground. That is what I've run into in the past.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Two things...

1 - Avoid NexFan.com...they are thieves, ripped me off and never shipped the items I ordered. It was not a large order, but I paid for it none the less. My bank is investigaing and will refund my money unless NexFan shows proof that my item was not only shipped but delivered.

EDIT...ResellerRatings shows a bunch of people started having the same problem about the same time I did, they must be having trouble and are taking orders and not filling them.

2 - I just received an order from Newegg that included an external HDD case, which is defective. Now I have to ship it back at my expense and will likely miss out on the rebate as I have to return all the packaging for the RMA replacement. What to do with this one?

EDIT...I PM'd the Newegg Support guy here at the forum about it, along with a link to this thread.

Oh, and I hate UPS too, almost as much as DHL.
    Last edited by wdb1966; 09-08-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdb1966 View Post

Oh, and I hate UPS too, almost as much as DHL.
    That's why I shop at ZZF so much. I can get reasonable shipping by FedEx on most items.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Anything from Newegg....I have not experienced any customer service issues because everything I have ordered has arrived on time and has worked flawleesly

The only time I had to use newegg's customer service was when a case I ordered got damaged in shipment. It was a cheap case on sale for under $20 as I recall. Newegg told me to just keep the damaged case and they shipped me another. The second case was also damaged in shipment! At that point I think I just got a refund and got to keep both cases which I eventually repaired and put into use. Dents and a damaged bezel on both but they work.

Other than the above mentioned shipping damage I don't have much of a problem with any of the shippers - UPS, FedEx or DHL. I don't even really blame the shipper for the damage to those cheap cases. They were in a box with only styrofoam covering the top and bottom parts of the case. Nothing but about 2 inches of air between the side of the cardboard box and the metal side panels. I'm not real surprised they got damaged given how they were packaged for shipment. Newegg probably should have double boxed them.

ATTENTION NEWEGG SUPPORT!

Empty some of your PMs from your inbox, its full.

Perhaps a mod can give him/her access to more PM storage?

Quote Originally Posted by wdb1966 View Post
    ATTENTION NEWEGG SUPPORT!

Empty some of your PMs from your inbox, its full.

Perhaps a mod can give him/her access to more PM storage?
    I can get that done. Ill ask The Wise one to increase by +50 because we love the Newegg guys...

[Im still looking in my mailbox for the free Vista]

Cool, thanks.