Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project: E=MC^2

Re: Project: E=MC^2

Adaptation and improvisation, two good qualities for a modder to possess...

For the T-line, if you haven't thought about it too much, I'd suggest placing the junction just in front of the pump inlet. Air bubbles will run through the whole loop, usually seeking the highest point in the tubing runs, and then escape into the T-line as they come to it.

I used this setup for my case, and though it took about 3-4 hours to clear all the air out, I only had to fill the T-line a couple times after the first pour...

BTW: Nice job on the body filler and windows
    PC7B+ CM:A64X2 4200:PCP&C 510SLI: DFI nF4 SLI-DR:2x7800GTX:2x74GB Raptors-RAID 0, 120GB IDE:2x1GB Ballistix PC4000
    PC60 CM: A64 3500: Ultra XC 500W: Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939: eVGA 6800GT: 80GB IDE: 4x256MB Geil Ultra PC3500

ISP Email 36-0-0 HeatWare 34-0-0 eBay 38-0-0 PimpRig.com

With having the rad barbs at the bottom the highest point will be the bleed screw at the now top of the rad. So when filling all i should need to do is remove the screw, add water and wait for water to come out of the hole, replace the screw and run for 10 mins. With luck all the air should have gone to the top of the rad and i just remove and then replace the screw.

Unfortunately its theory at the mo but i'll now in time if it works

Perfection in an imperfect world is imperfection in its self...... ?

awww.. black?! im partial to the way it looks now really.. i find that when people paint their modded cases too much they just wind up looking really tacky, so be careful

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

its lookin DAMN good man.
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

Well yesterday was a busy day... Mainly cable tidying and lots of it... and still more to be done. Still in the hope of a cool case, not only in looks but also temps, then it has to be done.

This is going to be tha last update for a while, unless i can get on a different system. My main system is going to be dismantled so i can set up the pump, relay and leak test for 24 hours. While thats going on i can also complete the spraying of the case of which i now have a colour but you'll have to wait n see what i went for :P

sleve them yourself? igf so, sucks don't it? what do you use for the heatshrink? i've been using a soldering iron, works, but it's a pain in the butt.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Yeah all my own work... And your right sleeving is a pain in the ass but hey needs must and it look better than bare cable. As for the heat shrink, i use a lighter to do the deed, never thought of using the soldering iron... Maybe next time

Well my 24 hour leak testing went down the pan as i'm now up and running after 10 hours. All is well (if not very loud at the mo - testing the fans on full) and it all started up first time.

I still have plenty to do on the system. Like a tec-unit, stealth the dvd drive, sleeve more cables, fit more fans... You know the usual run of the mill finishing off whats turn out to be a good project.

And yes i'm planning a new one in the very near future. I've been bitten by the bug again but the only concelation this time is i don't have a marrage to screw up

Ok a few pics to come now, I did try and put them in some sort of order but my brain is fried but you'll all get the jist of it... I think :blink:

This is the shell my system is coming out of, I'll be using the case again at some point when i can sort out the money for mobo, cpu etc..

My over wired Thermaltake 480 PSU. It don't look like that now. I removed the 6pin wire n connector as its not needed. Also cut back all the 4pin cables, so now they have a short length of wire with a molex on which i can re-attatch the wires taken off. Loads tidier than before and easier to manage.

I had to remove the sleeving from the water hose cuz i couldn't put the clips on to make sure of no leakage. The one thing i did notice right away was how much room i have to play with. Makes a change not to have a cluttered case.

So that was the installation side of things but the best is yet to come

I managed to spray all the panels and although it doesn't show very well in the photo's, the case is a very dark pearlesent green with a good coating of clear high gloss laquer. One thing i have to say is i'm pleased with the out come of the panels, more so cuz they were sprayed outside on the 8th floor of a high rise block of flats. So the wind and cold has been a bit of a battle but....

Well thats it fot the time being. When i get the cash togeather i'll be investing in a tec-unit along with a few other bits n bobs.

Wow that is great!!!
    AMD XP 3000+ 400FSB
    Thermalright SK-7 + TT Smart Fan II
    Soyo SY-KT880 Dragon 2 v1
    2 x 512mb OCZ PC3200 Premiere Dual Channel
    WD740 || WD2500 || Seagate 120 GB 7200.7
    BFG 6800GT OC 256mb || Artic Cooling Silencer 5
    Audigy ES
    Xoxide X-Turbine (Black) - Antec TRUE550

retan14 AT frontiernet DOT net

With a little spare time and a little enginuety i managed to stealth the drive today

wow, nice job on hiding that drive, I was looking at earlier pics wondering if you would do something with it...it was bugging me lol, but now it looks slick.

wow! looks excellent. i wasnt sure how the paint would come out, but that green looks slick, as does the stealthed drive

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

wow. awesome case man. i can appreciate all the hard work put in there, looks freakin' sweet.
    Overclocking...So Hot Right Now...Overclocking

Thanks for the positive replies peeps... I'm pleased so many have liked what i've done. The project still has some bits to be added to it which will keep me busy for a while and in the mean time i'm working on the next project. Something a lot bigger in every way possible... well compared to this one anyway.