Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem [researching]Web Browser shrinks when viewing this website... on 3 different comps...

I am totally mind boggled. As of today, everytime I load this website, on 3 different rigs, when I change to a new page within this website my browser shrinks into like a 2x4
    window which goes to the top left of my screen. Am I the only one with this issue. Just started happening out of the blue today. I am running netscape 7.1 by the way. I have been viewing this site for almost a year with this browser and have had no issues. Any ideas?

E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 4.05ghz
    eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    Western Digital 640gb SATA
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Re: Web Browser shrinks when viewing this website... on 3 different comps...

No, it just started happening to me as well, really annoying. I thought I changed some setting without realizing it.
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

happens with certain javascript on some websites, usually happens for me on pr0n....

I think it's coming from one of the ad sites. Turning on the adblocker extension in Firefox stopped it.
    His: Windows 7 64-bit on MSI X58 Pro-E, i7 950, Radeon 4870 1G, 300G Velociraptor + 2250G other SATA, 12G RAM; Windoze Home Server on MSI K9N SLI Platinum, A64 X2 6000, nVidia 7900, 2TB SATA storage

Hers: Vista Home 64-bit on Toshiba Core-2 Duo Laptop

The dog: he'd rather go to the off-leash park now that I won't let him pee on Intel units.

I turned on popup blocker within netscape but it was a no go. You are right about firefox not being affected by it but I dont understand why all the sudden netscape is. It shrinks down to the corsair ad in the top left of the screen. I wonder if Corsair is behind this or PCPer has made some changes.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

the corsair and other ads caused me trouble in the past..high cpu usage etc..

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

How about we move this to Suggstions and Feedback so they can look at it?

i havent experienced this at all no matter the browser and ive been browsing this site and forums off and on all evening.

we will, however, look into it. i dont think it is a change that has been made here...but could be the result of an ad. not certain tho.
    hmm...

I haven't seen this yet either. If this happens to you again, could you please maximize your window, and save a screen shot of the ads on the screen?

Thanks.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Re: [researching]Web Browser shrinks when viewing this website... on 3 different comp

Was getting this on my Linux and Windows box this morning both using Firefox. Has not happened since earlier this morning.

Re: [researching]Web Browser shrinks when viewing this website... on 3 different comp

Here it is on my wifes computer. I open my home page (storage forum) and it is normal, when I click a bookmarked page on the forums it opens the page then instantly will tranform to this size.

http://members.cox.net/pcper/images/untitled4.JPG

Edit: I take that back, it seems to do the switch after the page is fully loaded. It is doing it when I open my Home page.
    Last edited by themortarman; 02-02-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themortarman
    Here it is on my wifes computer. I open my home page (storage forum) and it is normal, when I click a bookmarked page on the forums it opens the page then instantly will tranform to this size.

http://members.cox.net/pcper/images/untitled4.JPG

Yes. That is exactly what is happening on my computers as well. Also.. when using Explorer... spybot pops up on this site saying
    "Spybot-S&D has blocked the download of "Avenue A, Inc."

Also... each time is says "download of" its something different each time.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Re: [researching]Web Browser shrinks when viewing this website... on 3 different comps...

I am experiencing this annoying problem on all of my computers as well.
    Opty 146 0540FPMW @ 3.0ghz
    300x10, 2.5-4-3-7, 2.7vdimm
    DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D
    2x512mb OCZ Platinum Rev.2 TCCD
    ATi X1800XT 512MB
    Fortron 530w w/ modded rails
    Zalman 7000-AlCu

MY HEATWARE

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHamster
    I am experiencing this annoying problem on all of my computers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    I haven't seen this yet either. If this happens to you again, could you please maximize your window, and save a screen shot of the ads on the screen?

Thanks.

T

Oh sorry, you want a maximixe screenshot?

Let me see if I can recreate it.