I am from Queens, NY and I go to college in West Hartford, CT

Modding a Kingwin KT-424

I still havent purchased this case but wanted to switch over to an aluminum case for LAN purposes from my V3000a Thermaltake beast of a case.

I wanted to cut out the front of the case where the fan is

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...6053414_ra.jpg

its like a soft black look and I wanted to put this there instead

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=Sunbeam

I wanted to know would this work? what tools would I need and would it be complicated? Also would I need like another grill or something infront of it so nothing goes inside?

Thanks in advance, any suggestions or tips would be handy and helpful.

Re: Modding a Kingwin KT-424

Personally I am a big time CS player and fanatic but I think that if you hacked up the front of that case to put that fan grill on there it would look bad.

If anything I would suggest getting the side window cut for an 80mm fan and mount that grille over that.

If you have your mind set on modding the front I would suggest using a dremel with the cut off wheels for that small of area. You could put a fan filter on the back side of any fan you mount that on to help keep out dust.

I am from Queens, NY and I go to college in West Hartford, CT

Would it be possible to just Drill from the inside of the window? without a fan on it? cause I would do that to my v3000a that I have currently to save some money on a new case =D

And I could always toss in another 80mm blue fan =D

Also how or where would I be able to get the side cut
    Last edited by Subject2Change; 02-13-2005 at 07:02 AM.

You could just drill the 4 holes in the side panel but I would reccommend using a brand new drill bit as to avoid most chances of cracking.

If you take it to a local glass shop that works with plexiglss/lexan they should be able to cut an 80mm hole and drill the 4 mounting screw hole for a few bucks.

If you're as big a CS fan as it sounds, how about *carefully* removing the plexi window and taking it to a trophy shop that does plexi/acrylic engraving (think clear acrylic nameplates with white lettering, like on some rich exec's desk). They could probably do the engraving for less than you'd spend on a whole new case.

If you wanted, you could also measure the size window in your current case, got to a glass shop, and get a thicker window of the same size. Have the trophy shop engrave it with the CS logo, and then edge-light the window with blue LEDs. All told, I think it would come out substantially less than a whole new case (although that *is* a nice little case, IMO)

You can check out a window mod I did like that, minus the edge lighting, HERE
    PC7B+ CM:A64X2 4200:PCP&C 510SLI: DFI nF4 SLI-DR:2x7800GTX:2x74GB Raptors-RAID 0, 120GB IDE:2x1GB Ballistix PC4000
    PC60 CM: A64 3500: Ultra XC 500W: Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939: eVGA 6800GT: 80GB IDE: 4x256MB Geil Ultra PC3500

ISP Email 36-0-0 HeatWare 34-0-0 eBay 38-0-0 PimpRig.com