Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New Shooters forum

Nice Kimber. My next 1911 will be a kimber Custom Target II.

Those hollowpoints you have in the mags look like hydra-shocks. I keep two mags of hydra shocks with my Springfield XD-9mm just in case someone decides to make the worst mistake of his life by breaking into my house. Truth be told.... the 9mm is just to protect me while i grab my 12ga browning out of the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    Nice Kimber. My next 1911 will be a kimber Custom Target II.

Those hollowpoints you have in the mags look like hydra-shocks. I keep two mags of hydra shocks with my Springfield XD-9mm just in case someone decides to make the worst mistake of his life by breaking into my house. Truth be told.... the 9mm is just to protect me while i grab my 12ga browning out of the closet.
    Haah I was going to say. What are you going to do tickle them with the 9mm. As we all know only ignorant, animals that rap and drop their pants down to their ankles are the only ones that hype a 9mm!
    It takes a real shooter to kill someone with 1 - 3 rds. with a 9mm and stop them where you want to stop them.

I bought my GF an XD 9mm and she's tiny 5'4-5'5 and she got real good with it...and then highjacked my Les Baer Super Tac. She can shoot a .45 just right after spending some time just showing her how to stand. She hates anything less than a .45 now. I like the XD, it's a nice little pistol. Cross between the hideous but incredible Glock and a 1911..did you know S.A. is not the co. behind the XD? It's some EEuropean co. that couldn't sell it at all but S.A. bought the design and it took off.

I'm not a big fan of hydra-shok (I was popped twice in the right nipple with a .40 cal..I know, I know..97% one stop rate but I'm not a normal size man..more like a gorilla see pic: and I'm anorexic there at only 220 lbs or so. after a surgery http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2k/AfterOP.jpg and long story short. I was working out 2 days after it happened just very light to get some exercise and try to gain my size back. I lost alot of blood but I got more than lucky since it hit nothing major, a miraculous "U" turn by the bullet, only one hit me, and nothing else happened except for a lost nipple and scar tissue. Don't worry the other guy never knew what hit him ) I've had some first hand experience with Federal's famed round. Another time I saw a target of Federal's round (2 drunk idiots) and Federal failed again..and to tell you the truth I only had them because I have tons of ammo and Federal was one of the brands I had but I don't like them. They're not for me.

I use strictly Gold Dots, I'm not a John Wayne type or a "shoot everyone" nut but I want to be the only one standing in case the unfortunate event ever repeats itself. I know I can trust Speer's GDs.

That's just me and my opinion, I have alot of friends in law enforcement and they love it. Like I said I had first hand experience with them. Personally, I wish NO ONE would ever have to use their weapon..I wish I never have to again myself. I love guns because they're fun and they're incredible machines but that's it.

You eat beaver?
    May I ask where you live that beaver is eaten?
    Originally posted by POCI

Quote Originally Posted by StanRoman
    Haah I was going to say. What are you going to do tickle them with the 9mm. As we all know only ignorant, animals that rap and drop their pants down to their ankles are the only ones that hype a 9mm!
    It takes a real shooter to kill someone with 1 - 3 rds. with a 9mm and stop them where you want to stop them.
    Truth be told, when you calculate the kenetic energy of a 9mm +p 127gr round and compare it to a .45 ACP round, they're within 3-5% difference due to the much higher muzzle velocity of the 9mm. This is why the military has gone to the 9mm round. That and 9mm pistols hold many more rounds than a .45cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    Truth be told, when you calculate the kenetic energy of a 9mm +p 127gr round and compare it to a .45 ACP round, they're within 3-5% difference due to the much higher muzzle velocity of the 9mm. This is why the military has gone to the 9mm round. That and 9mm pistols hold many more rounds than a .45cal.
    Well, the military WILL be switching back to the old trusty .45 in fact as we speak they're working on a contract and new pistol for the .45 rd. last I heard it was supposed to be a 1911 (by Sig the new GSRs. Nice pistols I've shot a couple. VERY nice and tight..but ugly) but it might just be another. It's defenitely going to happen though..and it's about time. All special operations use the .45 cal from the M23 to 1911 configuration. Marine Det1 has been using 1911s still for a long time. They too are working on a contract for a 1911 pistol. I think Kimber has the MARSOC and that's going to be the one. Last I heard from inside sources..officially.

No offense but all that paper spec means nothing at all in real life trust me. You won't hear of too many cases where a 9mm did what it was supposed to with under 5 rds. not in a fire fight. Right now they're taking 6-7 rds. to get the job done oversea..that's way too much time spent incapacitating a person. I don't know how many of you have actually shot a human being but it's something that you don't get over specially in battlefield conditions where you're already F#$*@& I don't like putting more than 2 rds. into anyone at close range it's bad enough the first 2 have to be used. If you've ever shot a person 6 times and they start begging you not to kill them (but something you have to do. The sickness of war) after the 5th or 6th shot and they piss and shit themselves and the horrible change in the voice..it's just a nightmare. I always had respect for ANY soldier wether enemy or not. I don't like what happens when you have to use a weapon and when I do I want to end it immediately.

I think the 9mm is the most CRUEL rd. you can use. It's not a quick death it's a torturing experience both phisically and mentally. You really have to be a cool, James Bond to use the 9mm effectively in a fight and there's no one like that.

Sorry, I forgot (I just wanted to stop talking about all this shit) to add also that the Military uses Nato approved ammo and it's not ideal at all. It's not even +P..the Barreatas do not hold up well with +P ammo and the marines had a bad experience with +P ammo and the Barreta, you're talking to someone that was in the service for yrs. so I know from real experience. We used (Army, 75th Rangers) "Black Tip" ammo like in Israel but it's not what's normally used by soldiers. A Nato 9mm rd. couldn't drop a dog.
    Last edited by StanRoman; 03-31-2005 at 12:08 PM.

You eat beaver?
    May I ask where you live that beaver is eaten?
    Originally posted by POCI

I have two friends who are special forces and both of them carry the glock 18, selectable semi/fully automatic 9mm pistol. One of them is on the presidents top 100 and he could explain the whole 9mm thing better than me but he isn't a member of this forum.

I believe Ruger was just awarded a pretty big contract by the U.S. Army..Looks like 5,000 in 9mm.
    http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Corpor...2-23-2004.html
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 03-31-2005 at 04:58 PM.

Needed the storage space so omitted my post with the .38 revolver images. No responces
    but it's been about a month so I assume everyone had the chance to see them.

Here's another family heirloom ... pre-WW1 Luger.

As you may be able to see, appears to have been fired very little, if at all.
    All parts have matching serial numbers & tooling marks so I'd say good chance
    it's all original.

Last edited by Susquehannock; 05-04-2005 at 01:26 PM.

wow, thats a sweet old luger .