A8N-SLI Deluxe Before windows boot up slow

Hey.... Just decided to Update my computer this last week. And picked up a few parts...before even installing windows, I noticed that the Bios loading, and IDE loading was very slow...(not normal "slow") but it still booted... slowly ofcourse.

anyways... It detects everything... and so, I just continued with the installation of Windows XP. finished that... and then started in trying to figure out why it was still booting really slow... I even Flashed the bios to the latest version... 1003.

Nothing... so I am stuck... kind of... but if there is anything you guys have heard about slow post boot start up, and how to fix it... that would be great... I might be doing something totally wrong... but I am will to be humbled by someone here that can help me...

please... thanks

Motherboard:A8V-SLI Deluxe
    Video card: Nvidia 6600GT
    Hard Drive: 40 gig
    CD players: one DVD burner dual layer, and one reader.
    running no raid.

thanks please...

nufan.

Re: A8V-SLI Deluxe Before windows boot up slow

Is it looking for raid devices on boot up?

Re: A8N-SLI Deluxe Before windows boot up slow

I was having this problem too. It takes a long time to load up my IDE and SATA drives.
    I fixed this problem by correct my jumper on my IDE drive, coz I set it to Master with Slave present while I was only having a single IDE drive in my system. After I set it correctly, it has been loading up flawlessly now.

Hope this helps. If not, then try different IDE cable or choose CS on the jumper.
    PC:
    Thermaltake Tsunami Dream VA3000 SWA | OCZ Modstream 520W | SAMSUNG 173T | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | AMD 64 3200+ Winchester | G. Skill PC4400 DDR550 1G LE Dual Channel Kit @ 2.5-3-3-7/1T | ATI X850XT | WD 200GB 7200RPM 8MB | Seagate 160G SATA/NCQ (RAID0) | NEC ND-3520A | M-Audio Revolution 7.1 | Cooler Master CoolDrive3 | Nexus 3.5" & 5.25" Silver Fan Controller | Altec Lansing 2100 Slim Speaker System Enhanced

HTPC:
    Antec Aria | Asus A7N8X-VM(400) | XP2800+ | 2x 512MB Kingston ValueRam PC3200 | ATI 9700Pro | NEC ND-2500A | Logitech MX DUO

**I HATE SCHOOLS.........REALLY, I DO!**

Install the SW IDE drivers from the nforce4 specific drivers on nvidia's website. I went from about 60 seconds on the Windows boot screen to an 8-10 second boot.

hahaha... wow it was the jumpers... so simple yet... so devistating...

haha thanks man... It boots up about 5x fast or more...

thanks again... now its on to that buzzing sound the tini fan is making... heh.

ciao