OT: Trade isn't going well

I recently agreed to a trade @ AT forums and it hasn't turned out well at all. I trade 2 xbox games, a controller, and a headset for an Aspire 500w PSU, Tornado fan & blue 80mm led fan. Well his stuff arrived and the PSU has some serious issues. The sleeving has been exchanged for that crappy black stuff they use for septic systems. A few of the threads have been stripped on the PSU, meaning only one screw on the back of the PSU can be used to hold it to the case. Also, there is alot of "stuff" on the acrylic top of the PSU, which makes it look dirty, dusty, and just plain bad. I want to return the stuff but I am worried about getting bad Heat. What should I do?

Re: OT: Trade isn't going well

i personally don't see any reason to get negative heat from being unsatisfied with the goods you traded for.

you'll probably want to try and resolve it with the other trader and keep documenting all the correspondence.

good luck.
    ...and so it came to pass that the countess, who once bathed in the rejuvenating blood of a hundred virgins, was buried alive...

I would ask for an immediate return/refund if the item is not as described to you. Do not worry about a negative heat retaliation as that can always be fixed. If I were you I would contact the person you bought it from and go from there. If he gives you an issue I would then contact an AT mod since the trade happened there.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Thread moved to bad traders section.

OK thanks guys. I just PM'd him informing I will be sending it back to him tomorrow. I can't have a PSU held by one screw hanging over a $500+ video card and I can't consider this a good trade for me when the PSU looks the way it does.

Well here is his response, I made him ship first for some obvious reasons:

"They work fine, you should try thicker screws. It will not fall, you just need thicker screws. I would be very unhappy if you went back on this deal. I went through all the trouble of sending first, and you can't just back out now. The item works perfectly fine, you just need different screws. The power supply was in my system just days before I shipped it out to you."

Personally I like how he keeps telling me it works fine, when I told him I didn't like the heavily abused look of it. And why wouold the threads be larger than a normal ATX case's screw other than they've been stripped. What do you guys think?

If he has stripped out the holes and is advising that you use a larger screw and did not tell you that before you bought it I would definately ship it back. If the item did not come as described then you should not have to keep it.

Yeah I shipped it back this morning, and I am going to shoot a warning IM to Anandtech Moderator. Hopefully this kid won't make a stink about it, but either way he should have told me about this stuff. Thanks for the advice guys, good stuff.

Well just as I suspected he is trying to milk me, saying his Tornado fan got broken on the way back to him when I shipped it exactly like he did. First, he asked if I would complete the deal if he could prove the screws worked, then he wrote again later saying the Tornado was broken. Man some people just flat out suck.

Well I don't know of anything that can help you but I feel for you man. Sorry :/!

Quote Originally Posted by Lb51oO
    Well I don't know of anything that can help you but I feel for you man. Sorry :/!
    Thanks man. AT mods made him remove the Heat a few days after he put the negative eval up, but then turned around & told me I was responsible for getting his fan back in one piece despite the fact he shipped without any packing material...lol

Honestly, I think he got pissed when he got his own stuff back in the mail instead of my stuff & threw the fan against the wall or something. Funny thing is I gave him a little over $6 and he went away after crying that the fan was worth $20 to the mods for days. Oh well it's "resolved" now.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekUGA
    Thanks man. AT mods made him remove the Heat a few days after he put the negative eval up, but then turned around & told me I was responsible for getting his fan back in one piece despite the fact he shipped without any packing material...lol

Honestly, I think he got pissed when he got his own stuff back in the mail instead of my stuff & threw the fan against the wall or something. Funny thing is I gave him a little over $6 and he went away after crying that the fan was worth $20 to the mods for days. Oh well it's "resolved" now.
    good all got resolved, itneresting lie he made up though, those Tornados don't cost $20 they are really loud too, bad choice to put them in a system

Tornados are $10 NEW, LOL. Interesting how hw said it was broken AFTER when he got his stuff back he asked to complete the deal again. LOL.
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

A well built fan doesn't "break" very easily I would have sent the items back, the PSU sounded quite a bit different condition than what was described to you.
    Heatware (86-0-0)

AMD64 Venice 3200+ @ 2.7, XP90, MSI K8N Neo4 P, 1gb PC4000, ATI X800XL @ 424/524, Fortron Blue Storm 500, Antec SLK3700AMB, Modded E-MU 0404

Yeah it was definitely my worst trading experience thus far so I suppose I should consider myself lucky....BUT, I just put together my new system with all the parts I traded for here & in Hard, PCper, etc. Thanks for the kind words guys & I should consider myself very lucky that this is my worst experience thus far. Good luck to you guys in all your future transactions.