Thread: Lappy for gf

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Lappy for gf

I been out of the laptop buisness for over a year now and im not to up to date on them.

Im looking at some deals at the egg. Thing is she wants it to have an illuminated keyboard. Teh eggs description doesnt always specify this.

Also something with decent graphics, she wants to do some light gaming, like left 4 dead and the sims.

I see some nice cadidates but am just curious to the whole keypad thing

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: Lappy for gf

Im torn between these two.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E34-114-797-TS

Id rather get the cheaper one but Im not sure if it has a backlit keyboard. ANd its essential that it has a backlit keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Im torn between these two.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E34-114-797-TS

Id rather get the cheaper one but Im not sure if it has a backlit keyboard. ANd its essential that it has a backlit keyboard
    What did you decide to get and why? I am interested since the processor differences are similar to what I am looking at (posted here).

Thx for the info!

VSP

according to newegg reviewer Isaac on the $1,099.99 model

- Many sites advertise this laptop as having a back-lit keyboard like the higher-end X500 series. This is incorrect; they keyboard is not back-lit.

PS - unless you are a serious laptop gamer or need a convertible tablet
    I can't see spending more than $500 on a laptop and would keep looking
    Last edited by MrBlack; 09-01-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Hey, figured I'd just bump this thread instead of making a new one. My gf is looking to get a new laptop in the range of $400-500 and is 15" or bigger.

I've built previous gaming computers for myself, but have never really delved into the laptop world, so I basically know little to nothing about the different processors and how they work in laptop form.

With that being said, I'm thinking about getting her something with an i3 in it just because it'll last her longer (I think). She doesn't really do anything that would require more processing or video power. It would be just day to day things like internet usage, office, and watching videos or the occasional DVD.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

-MeowMix